Windows 10: Windows 10 uses the wrong mail program.....

Discus and support Windows 10 uses the wrong mail program..... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just upgraded the Win 10 to build 1909 in combination with Office 365. When you want to reply in an email, Windows starts the built-in email program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daniel Sweden, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 uses the wrong mail program.....

Just upgraded the Win 10 to build 1909 in combination with Office 365.

When you want to reply in an email, Windows starts the built-in email program instead of the Office 365.

I can't find where to tell Windows to use Office 365.... Anyone else with similiar problems?

:)

Daniel Sweden, Apr 7, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 uses the wrong mail program..... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 uses the wrong mail program.....

logged onto windows live mail with wrong name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

Windows Live Mail is not supported in Windows 10 although we have Windows Mail app for Windows 10 as a mail client. To isolate the issue or get a clear picture about the Wrong name and phone number update on the profile we would
    like to have the screenshot of the page where the wrong information is listed. Please hide all the Personal Identity information.

Please help us with the screenshot of the page in the application, where you are seeing the wrong information. Follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

However, let us also try few steps and see if it helps.

1. In the lower-left corner of Windows Live Mail, click
      Mail.
    2. Click the Accounts tab, and then click
      Email.
    3. Type your email address, password, and display name, and then click
      Next.
    4. Follow any additional steps, and then click
      Next.
    5. Click Finish to start using Windows Live Mail.

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 uses the wrong mail program.....

1. Windows 10 uses the wrong mail program..... - Similar Threads - uses wrong mail

2. outgoing mail wrongly labelled as spam using windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outgoing mail wrongly labelled as spam using windows 10: Using Windows 10 Mail. outgoing email wrongly classed as spam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outgoing-mail-wrongly-labelled-as-spam-using/1ef1dcb0-04bc-474b-a546-a83acbe13b83
  3. outgoing mail wrongly labelled as spam using windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outgoing mail wrongly labelled as spam using windows 10: Using Windows 10 Mail. outgoing email wrongly classed as spam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outgoing-mail-wrongly-labelled-as-spam-using/1ef1dcb0-04bc-474b-a546-a83acbe13b83
  4. outgoing mail wrongly labelled as spam using windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App

Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App: I added two gmail email address to Window App within the last week. When I reply to messages in these accounts it picks up the sender address from a third gmail account. This doesn't happen with comcast or outlook addresses being used in the app. Any suggestions?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail program

Windows 10 Mail program: How do I change the Default font in Mail for Windows 10? I hate Calibri Body and want to change it to Times New Roman at 14 Points and a Green color. Thanks, Ed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-program/52a13d86-ec67-4d57-81f5-346514e60826
  7. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language: The language displayed by windows10 default Mail and Calender are not the same as the system language. They both display the keyboard language instead of the system language. How do I change this? I have tried changing the keyboard language and all the language settings...
  8. wrong program used for downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wrong program used for downloads: down loaded some programs and accidently Adobe was chosen, tried fixing in registry but would not work, so cant download any files on this PC that need to be opened, and if you select the program to open file it wont work!...
  9. Wrong program opens when using "Send to > Mail recipient" in File Explorer

Wrong program opens when using "Send to > Mail recipient" in File Explorer: Problem When sending a photo from File Explorer, Juno Internet opens instead of Microsoft Outlook. Steps: File Explorer > Pictures – Right click on file, select Send to > Mail recipient, choose size when prompted, and Juno opens. How do I get Outlook to open? Operating...
  10. Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program: I had Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). When Windows 10 upgraded, it installed the 32-bit system. Why? And how can I get that fixed? 25923