Windows 10: Windows 10 using 100GB for System after reset

Discus and support Windows 10 using 100GB for System after reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've just done a full PC reset, and started adding some of my old files back. At first my drive was clean, but all of a sudden over 100GB was being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fabian van den berg, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 using 100GB for System after reset

I've just done a full PC reset, and started adding some of my old files back.

At first my drive was clean, but all of a sudden over 100GB was being used, and i couldn't find where it came from.

So i opened Storage Settings, to see where it was located. It then gave me this:

Windows 10 using 100GB for System after reset 78cf3907-fd17-42d2-82b7-bd06ebc1da7b?upload=true.png

As you can see Windows is using about 90GB for "System Files"

How can i fix this? Is it possible an old backup or windows recovery is causing this? If so, how can i find out?

:)

Fabian van den berg, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 1, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 using 100GB for System after reset

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 using 100GB for System after reset

1. Windows 10 using 100GB for System after reset - Similar Threads - using 100GB System

2. Unable to use laptop after failed system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use laptop after failed system reset: Hello, I have a HP laptop that I used a local reset on because it was running slow. I had multiple system restores on it. It got to around 70% resetting and then it said undoing changes. It brought me back to sign in. When I put in my pin it got the "User profile can't be...
  3. Unable to use laptop after failed system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use laptop after failed system reset: Hello, I have a HP laptop that I used a local reset on because it was running slow. I had multiple system restores on it. It got to around 70% resetting and then it said undoing changes. It brought me back to sign in. When I put in my pin it got the "User profile can't be...
  4. Unable to use laptop after failed system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100GB space used to install Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100GB space used to install Sea of Thieves: I started installing Sea of Thieves to my new laptop a few days ago, only to find that a massive 100GB of disk space has been taken for a game which lists only 50GB or slightly over, as required for install. The laptop is for work, however, I fancied testing out the game as...
  6. Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InsulineDion [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knbw5t/windows_10_taking_100gb_disk_space/
  7. Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb: I have a Cache Folder that just go bigger and bigger and I want to know if and how I can clear it. Normal Windows Clean Up dosent work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cache-folder-with-100gb/17245522-c205-4cda-9541-0c6619e521fa
  8. OneNote for Windows 10 not opening after a system reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote for Windows 10 not opening after a system reset: I just had to completely wipe my drive and reset my computer due to disc corruption. After I restored everything back to the way it was, the only thing that doesn't seem to work as before is OneNote. Whenever I try to open it the window just flashes then disappears. I have...
  9. System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space: My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this [img] I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this [img] The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up...
  10. Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset: So I reset my system again. This isn't the first time that I have had to do this because of issues with Windows 10. After Reset, computer runs good. Only problem now, is that I am having problems installing an update in Windows 10. The update is called Microsoft Visual C++...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. won 10 system file over 100gb