Windows 10: Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM

Discus and support Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello I was curious if there is a fix for this issue. My PC recently updated to the newest win10 build and I was wondering why the PC shows 8GB ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GordFoster, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM

hello I was curious if there is a fix for this issue. My PC recently updated to the newest win10 build and I was wondering why the PC shows 8GB ram installed however only 4GB are usable with 4GB in hardware reserved. I do not know what could be causing this as my video card is independent and an on board chip . I have tried many "fix's" suggested online with nothing working . I have included some pics of system info and info using CPU-z. Windows shows that 8Gb are installed however only 4GB usable. if anyone has a working fix short of wiping system and reinstalling windows in hopes it fixes the issue . Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM 8d100df8-0199-4f9b-8170-75fcbc664e31?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM a19bd297-5fc0-4d75-87f7-d067b9bac78c?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM 780b10d9-aea8-4852-8404-f91142fa7884?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM 52c04c5a-c207-4dcd-990b-be8e33cd02aa?upload=true.jpg

:)

GordFoster, Feb 16, 2019
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Feb 16, 2019
  3. RAM shows 4GB hardware reserved insted of 8GB

Still no reply. Having the same issue. 8gb installed windows hardware reserved 4gb so I only have 4gb that i can use. installed 16gb or ram. windows has now hardware reserved 8gb of ram. Regardless of slots used. 3 different types of memory in as many
    configurations as possible. all returning the same result. What the **** is going on. this has randomly happened on a healthy working install of windows 10. Have since done a fresh install with the same thing still happening....

TerryDrew87, Feb 16, 2019
  4. DMck Win User

Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM

Hardware Reserved 4GB (DIMM Slot 1B)

So recently my task manager started showing that only 12GB of my 16GB DDR3 RAM in Dual Channel was available stating "Hardware Reserved 4.0 GB"

These are the steps I've currently taken to attempt to rectify the issue.

1. Flashed BIOS
    2. Wiped OS and installed to a new drive
    3. Set max page file size to recommended (2.5GB)
    4. Maximum memory isn't enabled in advanced boot options
    5. Replaced the odd stick of RAM (I had a Kingston HyperX Fury) with the same model (now all Corsair Vengeance) so now all sticks match
    6. Resetting CMOS fixed it for a few hours before returning.

I want to avoid the idea that the DIMM slot is faulty due to a CMOS reset fixing it (even if temporarily).

The RAM I'm using is: CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 (3) and CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 (1) Both the same model of RAM, but the 3 came in a kit for 12GB whilst the other came as a single kit of 4GB, hence the slight difference in the part numbers.

The motherboard I'm using is 990FXA-UD3 R5.

I'm asking as a seperate question due to the fact I've tried every other suggestion in the other questions and now feel that my situation is unique enough for it's own question.

Thema:

Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM

1. Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM - Similar Threads - using 4GB reserved

2. 980mb Reserved Memory out of 4GB Ram, Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    980mb Reserved Memory out of 4GB Ram, Windows 10.: I am Using Windows 10 right now, and Only 3.01 GB Ram is Usable out of 4gb ram. It was like 3.7 GB usable Ram before. I even tried reinstalling Windows 10 64 bit. Didn't work. Please Tell me a Fix, its been a month and its really limiting my productivity. Already Unchecked...
  3. 980mb Reserved Memory out of 4GB Ram, Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    980mb Reserved Memory out of 4GB Ram, Windows 10.: I am Using Windows 10 right now, and Only 3.01 GB Ram is Usable out of 4gb ram. It was like 3.7 GB usable Ram before. I even tried reinstalling Windows 10 64 bit. Didn't work. Please Tell me a Fix, its been a month and its really limiting my productivity. Already Unchecked...
  4. 980mb Reserved Memory out of 4GB Ram, Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    980mb Reserved Memory out of 4GB Ram, Windows 10.: I am Using Windows 10 right now, and Only 3.01 GB Ram is Usable out of 4gb ram. It was like 3.7 GB usable Ram before. I even tried reinstalling Windows 10 64 bit. Didn't work. Please Tell me a Fix, its been a month and its really limiting my productivity....
  5. Windows using 4GB ram at idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows using 4GB ram at idle: I noticed that my windows is using 4GB of ram 2x4GB 1666MHz, my motherboard supports maximum of 1333.I tried this: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/9qhk6x/if_your_computer_is_using_around_4050_ram_while/ but it didn't changed anything.I also tried this...
  6. ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM: [ATTACH] I posted about this before on other subreddits and have done a chunk of research myself. I keep reaching dead ends but here I am trying again because I really want the best performance out of my rig. I have 16 gigs of RAM but have noticed that according to task...
  7. Why is the Windows Event Log using 4Gb of RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is the Windows Event Log using 4Gb of RAM?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Daniel_RM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1ndvh/why_is_the_windows_event_log_using_4gb_of_ram/
  8. reserved ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reserved ram: I've tried all of the fixes I could on sites such as youtube and just the web in general and nothing has worked and windows even says i have 8gb of reserved ram I'm running windows 10 home version 1803 (os build 17134.706)...
  9. 4GB Ram vs 6GB Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4GB Ram vs 6GB Ram: Please educate me. For a "regular" home user (not for business), what are the advantages of having more than 4 GB of Ram ? 125182
  10. Why is Photos app using 4GB of RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Photos app using 4GB of RAM?: I was playing an online game and I started getting FPS drops. I opened task manager and I saw Photos app using 4200 MB of RAM. The link below is the screenshot of that situation https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AbL3Llo7QetgX6idVQJ21iQnFUf87lC4 The link below is the spec of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix 4gig reserved for hardware in win 10

2. 4gb reserved ram windows 10