Windows 10: Windows 10 using all my bandwidth, cant even browse reddit

Discus and support Windows 10 using all my bandwidth, cant even browse reddit in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past two weeks my internet has been throttled mega hard by windows. I've installed net limiter to see what program was using my internet I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TameLameJames, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 using all my bandwidth, cant even browse reddit

For the past two weeks my internet has been throttled mega hard by windows. I've installed net limiter to see what program was using my internet

I've tried: setting as metered connection, all sorts of regedits, installing tcp optimizer (which seems to fix it for about 10 minutes) hard resetting the modem, and countless other ways to "fix" this issue with no results. Changing the channel on the modem fixes it for about 20 seconds, I've tried regedditing my ethernet connection to make windows think its a wifi connection so that the metered connection works correctly.

Nothing is resolving the issue. I've tried -cmding netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal. Nothing works, this is a nightmare I've spent two weeks trying to fix this. Net limiter and task manager show 0.1 mbps going towards my browser and thats it, so it implies that it is definitely a clandestine windows operation (also tried multiple other clean browsers no extensions)

My internet speed is pretty slow at maximum capacity, I get 600kb/s downloading on steam or torrents. I've tried scanning with antimalwarebytes to no avail. Tomorrow I will try to install a clean, updated version of windows 10. I also have selfishnet installed to ensure there are no other connections on my network apart from myself.

Tethering with my phone's data connection seems to be stable if that is any indication

Any response appreciated

windows version 10.0.16299 build 16299

submitted by /u/TameLameJames
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TameLameJames, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Again... limited bandwidth and Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Bandwidth is provided by your ISP, you need to contact your ISP for Bandwidth.
    Refer the link below.

How to: Upgrade to Windows 10 if you are on a slow or metered Internet connection?

• I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.
    Windows 10 upgrade: How-to information on scheduling and notifications.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095675

• Yes you can download the Windows 10 ISO and install it on any System.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 14, 2020
  4. NinjaNife Win User

Windows 10 using all my bandwidth, cant even browse reddit

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 using all my bandwidth, cant even browse reddit

1. Windows 10 using all my bandwidth, cant even browse reddit - Similar Threads - using bandwidth cant

2. Windows 11 "System" using up all my homes Bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "System" using up all my homes Bandwidth.: In around the last month, ive noticed a spike in my household 4 users bandwidth and after some investigation found out it was my laptop. In the last 30 days it reports that the "system" alone has used up 1649 GB of data in that time. I've done numerous malware scans and...
  3. Windows 11 "System" using up all my homes Bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "System" using up all my homes Bandwidth.: In around the last month, ive noticed a spike in my household 4 users bandwidth and after some investigation found out it was my laptop. In the last 30 days it reports that the "system" alone has used up 1649 GB of data in that time. I've done numerous malware scans and...
  4. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  5. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  6. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth: Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service network usage is up to 200Mb/s almost 100% of the time in task manager. I seem to be the only one with this issue, after looking online all I could find were a few people saying it was related to network drives but I only have one...
  8. Delivery Optomisation using all of network's bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optomisation using all of network's bandwidth: As far as I can tell, Delivery Optimization is using ALL of my network bandwidth, preventing any other programs on my computer from using bandwidth, and stopping the connections of the other computers in my house. This is despite having the main "allow downloads from other...
  9. Cant use letters to browse files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant use letters to browse files: I am getting an annoying issue with windows lately. If i browse a folder, i will usually click on a letter on my keyboard to find a file, e.g if im searching for a file that begins with the letter a, i will click on a on my keybord to quickly jump to the file. What happens...
  10. All bandwidth being used by http://tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    All bandwidth being used by http://tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/: Hi, We have a site with a 100Mb link to the internet but some clients are swamping the connection going to http://tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/ I have checked that we are not sending out updates to anyone from the advanced tab of Windows update. any ideas ?...