Windows 10: WIndows 10 using Intel HD 630 instead of gpu , how to change?

Discus and support WIndows 10 using Intel HD 630 instead of gpu , how to change? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I unpluged my pc after a proper shutdown , when i plugged everything back in , windows was using intels built in gpu and i dont know how to change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chrisarmyknife, Jun 27, 2020.

1. WIndows 10 using Intel HD 630 instead of gpu , how to change?

I unpluged my pc after a proper shutdown , when i plugged everything back in , windows was using intels built in gpu and i dont know how to change it back.

:)

Chrisarmyknife, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Bardocc Win User

How to use dedicated GPU for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

Hello,

I have an issue with the game. It always uses the integrated GPU which is a Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of my dedicated GPU which is a GTX 1050.

How can i set my dedicated GPU as default whenever i launch Minecraft ?

Bardocc, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Enable Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GPU automatically on Desktop

Hi,

I just upgraded my desktop with the following config:

Intel i5 7400 CPU,

NVIDIA GeForce 1050,

Win 10x64,

etc.

So obviously I have two display ports - one coming from inbuilt Intel HD 630 graphics, and one from my NVIDIA GPU. And for me, only one at a time seems to be working. This seems to be reasonable, however, I read somewhere that application warranting more graphics
    power will automatically trigger the GPU.

My query is:

1. If I use the motherboard port (built-in Intel HD 630), will it trigger the NVIDIA GPU automatically? - Doing so does not allow me to access NVIDIA control panel, actually. (Warning appears: You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU)

2. If I plug in my monitor in the GPU port, will Intel HD 630 remain ideal forever? This seems to be the case because when I do this, there are no Intel Graphics Setting options available.

3. Of course as running a desktop no need to worry about power, but if I only want to browse the internet and watch movies, can I switch back-and-forth between these GPUs?

Thanks much,

Sahaj.

Sahaj Panchal, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Dorad Win User

WIndows 10 using Intel HD 630 instead of gpu , how to change?

Manage external monitor with GeForce GPU instead of Intel GPU

I bought a new external touch monitor for my laptop.

It works fine (display and touch). However, the image is a bit pixelated. I noticed that Windows is managing both laptop monitor and external monitor with the built-in Intel GPU instead of the GeForce one. I am OK with this configuration for the laptop GPU, as i barely use any graphically heavy operation, and it's better for battery life. However, for the external monitor, i need to compensate the pixelated image, so i want to manage it via GeForce GPU. Also, the laptop is always plugged in to an AC adapter power source while using the external monitor.

Laptop details:

• Brand&Model: Lenovo Yoga 720
    • Built in Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
    • internal GeForce GTX 1050 GPU

Screen details:

• Acer UT241Y
    • Connected via Type-C to Type-C adapter

WIndows 10 using Intel HD 630 instead of gpu , how to change? Qt1Gb.png

Dorad, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 using Intel HD 630 instead of gpu , how to change?

1. WIndows 10 using Intel HD 630 instead of gpu , how to change? - Similar Threads - using Intel 630

2. Windows 10 22H2- Intel HD Graphics 630 - hdmi not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 22H2- Intel HD Graphics 630 - hdmi not working: Hello, several years have passed and this issue is still not resolved.After an certain update of windows 10 back in 2017, the HDMI of the intel graphics 630 is not working.It works on previous versions or in win 7.I have seen this issue on all laptops having this graphic...
  3. Windows 10 22H2- Intel HD Graphics 630 - hdmi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2- Intel HD Graphics 630 - hdmi not working: Hello, several years have passed and this issue is still not resolved.After an certain update of windows 10 back in 2017, the HDMI of the intel graphics 630 is not working.It works on previous versions or in win 7.I have seen this issue on all laptops having this graphic...
  4. Windows 10 22H2- Intel HD Graphics 630 - hdmi not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change the Connected to Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 to Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the Connected to Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 to Nvidia GPU: [ATTACH] I tried changing the prefered graphics processor to Nvidia in Nvidia Control Panel, uninstalling the Intel display adapter from the Device Manager still couldn't able to change it...
  6. updated Intel HD 630 but Resolution problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updated Intel HD 630 but Resolution problem: I updated Intel HD graphics 630 because windows said it was anew version. But after I restarted my laptop which native resolution is 1980 x 1080 was stuck at 1366 x 768. under that it was lines and a single line in the middle. i went to the display setting and the resolution...
  7. updated Intel HD 630 but Resolution problem

in Windows 10 Support
    updated Intel HD 630 but Resolution problem: I updated Intel HD graphics 630 because windows said it was anew version. But after I restarted my laptop which native resolution is 1980 x 1080 was stuck at 1366 x 768. under that it was lines and a single line in the middle. i went to the display setting and the resolution...
  8. Updated intel hd graphics 630 but Resolution problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated intel hd graphics 630 but Resolution problem: I updated intel hd graphics 630 because windows said it was anew version. But after I restarted my laptop which native resolution is 1980 x 1080 was stuck at 1366 x 768. under that it was lines and a single line in the middle. i went to the display setting and the resolution...
  9. Windows reinstrall the previous intel HD 630 graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows reinstrall the previous intel HD 630 graphics driver: today I have installed latest the latest graphics driver for integrated intel HD 630 in my Dell XPS 15 9560. my updated version is 24.20.100.6194 . My processor is intel 7700HQ. But I have noticed that whenever I went to the Update and security option form setting option...
  10. Could Not Manually Install Intel Display Intel HD Graphics 630?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Could Not Manually Install Intel Display Intel HD Graphics 630?: Could Not Manually Install (Error Message) Intel Display Driver (Go to Lenovo?) Intel HD Graphics 630 So I went to Intel's website to look for the latest display driver for Thinkpad p51 Intel Graphics 630 and landed here:...