Windows 10: Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers

Discus and support Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone,Sorry for the sccreen in french but I rather use the english forum that the french one.Here are my specs :OS : Windows 10 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Camiol, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Camiol Win User

Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers

Hello everyone,Sorry for the sccreen in french but I rather use the english forum that the french one.Here are my specs :OS : Windows 10 version 20H2CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-6600K 3.50 GHzGPU : Radeon RX 480 GraphicsRam : 8 GBI juste downloaded a new game and i have been unable to launch it because of the following error : While searching how to fix this issue I found multiple video saying it is a GPU driver compatibility issue and that I need to update my driver. It was quite strange for me because my driver was updated and my GPU is not very old 4 years .The tutorial I watched explained how

:)

Camiol, Jun 24, 2021

2. The graphics driver shows as “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

With regard to your query, your Display Adapter is listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of the correct driver name. If you have recently update your display card driver, and this problem comes along, what we can try to do here is to roll the
    display adapter's driver back to it's previous version.

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter's category, and right-click Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Roll Back
      Driver.

If rolling back the driver is unavailable, update the display driver manually.

• In Device Manager, expand Display
      adapter's category and right-click Microsoft Basic
      Display Adapter, and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Update Driver.
    • Select Browser my computer for driver software.
    • Click the Browse button, then navigate to the folder where you place the downloaded display card driver setup file.
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Microsoft Basic Display Driver Urgent

As you should be aware Intel just recently announced on twitter (search gma3600) that there will be no windows 10 drivers for the gma 3600 video cards. Now as default windows loads the Microsoft Basic Display Driver which works really well but limits the
    screen to 800x600 max. The system i'm using is a 1025c asus n2800 netbook with a 1024x600 screen. I've seen other users on here referencing that the Microsoft Basic Display Driver works at 1024x768 and above but seems fixed on 4:3 aspect ratio selections.
    These observations suggest to me that the driver can happily go above 800x600 but 1024x600 is just an unsupported resolution for the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. Which brings me finally to my request.

Could you please add 1024x600 to the Microsoft Basic Display Driver as a valid selectable resolution so everyone who uses a 1024x600 screen with a gma3600 can run windows 10?

Thanks

Addendum:

After some testing trying to load multiple windows 7 gma3600 drivers all of them result in a bsod or the drivers just do not load. Please microsoft 15 people so far have voted this question up. This Microsoft Basic Display Driver tweak is the only option
    for gma36XX users and there will be lots more out there. If you want windows 10 adoption things like this are deal breakers.

AceTelekinesis, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers

Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of adapter-specific driver

Hi,

The issue that you are experiencing with your display resolution can be caused by a driver version compatibility issue. This could also be the reason why your system automatically tried to use the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. Since updates were installed
    on your computer, try to roll back your driver if possible. To do so, follow the steps under Rolling back a device driver in this article:

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10
    . The steps for Windows 10 1607 in that article are also applicable to the later versions of Windows 10.

If the issue still persists after that, we recommend that you download the driver of your graphics card from its original manufacturer's website, then install it on your computer. There would be instructions on how to install it on their website. Once installed,
    check if the issue persists.

If the steps above are able to resolve the issue, temporarily prevent any updates for that driver by following the steps on the lower-part of the article that we have provided.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers

1. Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers - Similar Threads - using Microsoft Basic

2. Any way I can use my Intel display driver instead of Microsoft basic display adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way I can use my Intel display driver instead of Microsoft basic display adapter?: Recently I tried updating my Intel driver when I did it said,'Windows encountered a problem installing this driver' something related to thisI have tried going to settings -> update and security but there isn't any update regarding Intel drivers.I don't want to use Microsoft...
  3. Any way I can use my Intel display driver instead of Microsoft basic display adapter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any way I can use my Intel display driver instead of Microsoft basic display adapter?: Recently I tried updating my Intel driver when I did it said,'Windows encountered a problem installing this driver' something related to thisI have tried going to settings -> update and security but there isn't any update regarding Intel drivers.I don't want to use Microsoft...
  4. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  5. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  6. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. microsoft basic display driver

microsoft basic display driver: my graphics is set as microsoft basic display driver, its a recent problem after my son tried to install a high tech graphics driver for his gaming and I got the BSOD and have been trying to fix the problem myself. I uninstalled the original graphics driver but I can't...
  8. Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead

Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead: HI, Ever since the recent 1909 update my pc has been freezing even tho voice keeps continuing .. Discord calls are still connected and I can hear the other person clearly ; A disconnect reconnect device sound come and I have to restart the pc with the physical button. My...
  9. Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Render Driver instead of Geforce 1050ti Driver: I am having problems with my wife's laptop which is preventing it from playing 95% of games. One example is Trine 2. This problem just started recently and I don't know if it's because of an update or something else that happened. When attempting to launch the game, I...
  10. microsoft basic display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft basic display driver: Hi, I have dell N1050 Laptop. For some reason I cannot use intel graphics driver and can only use Microsoft basic display driver. I went to repair shop to fix this. they say its hardware and can't be fixed without changing motherboard. I can't spend that much right now. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Gaming with microsoft basic display adapter

2. basic display.sys 1024x600

3. stop pc from loading basic display driver

4. windows 10 using basic display adapter instead of graphics card