Windows 10: Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM

Discus and support Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro x64 version 2004 latest update at the time of writing. This is on 8GB RAM, yet Windows manages to use over half of that see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BennoMP, Sep 7, 2020.

1. BennoMP Win User

Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM

I have Windows 10 Pro x64 version 2004 latest update at the time of writing.

This is on 8GB RAM, yet Windows manages to use over half of that see screenshots

I've done some googling but I couldn't find a recent answer or an answer I could find in different places.

Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM 6083d165-8f85-4682-bf62-4bac6782f663?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM 47b02881-a1ec-428c-8a70-c452e772f374?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM 85767401-3bdd-44aa-800c-a2341c247b1f?upload=true.jpg

PS: I made sure all the RAM is still functional. And I know my HD Graphics 4400 uses 128MB shared memory max, but this is only with Edge and Discord open, which you can see in task manager. This is after a reboot. Disabling fast startup didn't help so I re-enabled that again.

:)

BennoMP, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM - Similar Threads - using more half

2. Why my windows is using more ram than it shows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my windows is using more ram than it shows?: Hello, my windows is using 7.5 GB of ram but in the users view in task manager is shows 2.5 GB. Does anyone know why? I have i5-11600k and 2 x 8GB trident z 3200mhz ram. Please help!...
  3. Why my windows is using more ram than it shows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows is using more ram than it shows?: Hello, my windows is using 7.5 GB of ram but in the users view in task manager is shows 2.5 GB. Does anyone know why? I have i5-11600k and 2 x 8GB trident z 3200mhz ram. Please help!...
  4. Why my windows is using more ram than it shows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  6. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  7. Windows 10 Won't use more than 50% of installed RAM

Windows 10 Won't use more than 50% of installed RAM: I have 16GB of RAM installed on my PC , and Windows 10 knows that;But when I try to run tons of programs Windows only uses 8GB max:Is there a fix for this issue?btw PheonixMiner.exe isn't a virus my dad mines crypto on my PC...
  8. audiodg.exe using more than a quarter of my ram

audiodg.exe using more than a quarter of my ram: So the audio diver built into windows audiodg.exe used 600MB+ of my ram when spirital sound is off and when audio is just muted completely. I only have 4GB of ram in my pc and because of windows core processes `I am left with about half of my total ram left, because of this...
  9. Windows won't use more than 50% ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't use more than 50% ram: I installed more ram onto my laptop, 2666mhz DDR4 ram and it reads at 16gbs available on the task manager, but even when running multiple tasks, it never uses more than 50% of the available ram. Windows memory diagnostic tool didn't give me an error so I have no idea how to...
  10. Windows using more than 6gb of ram in the desktop

Windows using more than 6gb of ram in the desktop: exactly as subject says, I have tried deleting files that could be malicious and screening for malware, even disabling lots of programs and deleting others that could be sketchy. Link to windows performance recorder on dropbox,...