Windows 10: Windows 10 UWP Apps Disappear e.g. Mail & Onenote For Win10

Discus and support Windows 10 UWP Apps Disappear e.g. Mail & Onenote For Win10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For three times in less than a week, two apps I use often just disappear from the start menu. They are not listed in the add/remove apps and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bdjbdj, Apr 6, 2021.

1. /u/bdjbdj Win User

Windows 10 UWP Apps Disappear e.g. Mail & Onenote For Win10

For three times in less than a week, two apps I use often just disappear from the start menu. They are not listed in the add/remove apps and when I visit Windows store, I see button to 'Install', indicating they are not installed

I reinstalled it twice, but few days later, they disappear again. I checked event viewer, but found no indication of what happened. They are being uninstalled, I just can not find out how and by what process?

Any ideas where to look? Of if this is a known issue?

I'm using Win20H2 / 19042-906 Running on Surface Pro 6

Thanks

submitted by /u/bdjbdj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bdjbdj, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Pitbulls2 Win User

G-mail on my windows 10 start menu

Hi

I followed the instructions on how to remove an account but it did not work. Once I did that

I could not access my mail. The g-mail app does not appear in my list of apps for windows

10. Any other suggestions? If not I will just have to live with the duplicate e-mails. There is

one thing that I can not figure out about deleting e-mails in Windows 10 however, and that

is I can't seem to find out how to delete numerous e-mails at once (like you can in Windows 7)

Still trying to figure out if you use the delete trash can on the e-mail or if you use the delete

on the top line in windows 10 to permanently delete them.

Thanks for any suggestions

Pitbulls2, Apr 6, 2021
  3. raygo1975 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

The Windows Mail App (The e-mail client that comes with Windows 10) is where I had all my e-mail accounts setup so I just had one place to check them. All of the e-mail accounts that I had added to the client are now gone. When I open the app instead of seeing a list of my e-mail accounts I see the app as it was when I first started to use it.

Windows 10 UWP Apps Disappear e.g. Mail & Onenote For Win10 [​IMG]

My e-mail accounts should be listed in the left hand column under Accounts.

raygo1975, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Windows 10 UWP Apps Disappear e.g. Mail & Onenote For Win10

Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 UWP Apps Disappear e.g. Mail & Onenote For Win10

1. Windows 10 UWP Apps Disappear e.g. Mail & Onenote For Win10 - Similar Threads - UWP Apps Disappear

2. E-mails are disappearing from my Windows 10 Mail inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E-mails are disappearing from my Windows 10 Mail inbox: I have an @outlook e-mail address and pay 5$ a month for it. I'm using Windows 10 and the Windows 10 Mail App on my PC and laptop and the Outlook app on my Android phone.In the last two weeks two e-mails have randomly disappeared from my inbox without me moving them ever....
  3. E-mails are disappearing from my Windows 10 Mail inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-mails are disappearing from my Windows 10 Mail inbox: I have an @outlook e-mail address and pay 5$ a month for it. I'm using Windows 10 and the Windows 10 Mail App on my PC and laptop and the Outlook app on my Android phone.In the last two weeks two e-mails have randomly disappeared from my inbox without me moving them ever....
  4. Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps

in Cortana
    Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps: Hi there, I recently created a thread for the same: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icons-disappeared-for-uwp-and-windows-apps-in/1e6527f6-2ff7-4216-bfc2-3b4cc074ef50. However the issue seems to have transferred from one PC to another, yesterday it...
  5. Disappearing UWP apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disappearing UWP apps: This seems too weird to be true, but it's happened several times now. When I install UWP apps (primarily games like Forza or Gears of War) to an SSD that is not my primary OS drive, then it's normal mostly, but occasionally (and for no discernable reason) the app will vanish...
  6. WIN10 E-Mail Accounts Disappeared

WIN10 E-Mail Accounts Disappeared: I opened Win10 Email icon this morning, as I have for two years. All three accounts, their names/links, and all related kazillion folders disappeared! It was as if nothing was ever set up. I reset one account associated with outlook and my Windows "administrator." The...
  7. Main g-mail e-mail address not showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main g-mail e-mail address not showing up: Hi I have had some problems with my main e-mail address lately. I have 2 addresses, but my main one is not showing up in the mail application, however, it shows up in the accounts section. The only way I can access it is to sign into google.com and then it is okay. How...
  8. Onenote UWP on Win10 (Version 16001.11231.20118.0) Search is Slow (minutes) and Onenote...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onenote UWP on Win10 (Version 16001.11231.20118.0) Search is Slow (minutes) and Onenote...: This started happening after Onenote 10 updated this morning on my Surface Pro 4. Before the update, search was fast and my life was just perfect! My current release is Version 16001.11231.20118.0 After the update ... Search averages 30-60 seconds on same search...
  9. Win10 E-mail app, will not scroll the reading pane

Win10 E-mail app, will not scroll the reading pane: Win10 E-mail app, will not scroll the reading pane with my mouse scroll wheel. I have to use the scroll bars to navigate the reading pane. I tried a reset, and still no change. thank you...
  10. Can't archive e-mails in Windows 10 Mail app

Can't archive e-mails in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi I can't archive my e-mails anymore (gmail) with the Windows 10 Mail app (version 17.9330.21365.0), only the trash icon is appearing. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance Stefan...