Windows 10: Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen.

Discus and support Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have purchased the game pass for windows 10 and installed a few games to try. My issue is that when I play them the cursor does not lock to screen as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Austin Tyrpak, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen.

I have purchased the game pass for windows 10 and installed a few games to try. My issue is that when I play them the cursor does not lock to screen as most games would. If I look too far up in a game the border comes up and I lose control of the game, and same if I look down but with the taskbar. This has made playing with a mouse unplayable.

Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen. [​IMG] Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen. 401ca9dd-6545-458f-8bba-3e8dc638980a?upload=true.png

:)

Austin Tyrpak, Sep 3, 2019
  2. CryptoKey Win User

Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications

My mouse cursor isn't locked to my crosshair when I'm unpaused from Minecraft or other apps. I've tried reinstalling and resetting Minecraft, no good. Restarting my PC, no good.

Resetting UWP apps through Powershell seems to not work either;
    HTML Code:
    Code:
    Add-AppxPackage -register appxmanifest.xml_file_path -DisableDevelopmentMode
    Here's a short demonstration of the bug: LC3QBkJDEj0

Such a mind boggling issue. Can't find a solution for this problem even on the internet.

Things I've tried that provided no solution:

• Resetting/Uninstalling Minecraft
    • Reinstalling UWP apps to their defaults.
    • Shutdown/Restarting my PC.
    • Repairing my computer with SFC and DISM
    • Repairing my PC with Windows Media Installation Tool (Upgrade PC Keep Files Option)
    • Uninstalling/Reinstalling my mouse drivers.
    I have tried recovering from a restore point and it seemed to fix the issue temporarily but the issue returned.

Winver:

Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen. [​IMG]

CryptoKey, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 3, 2019
  4. shobhitk Win User

Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen.

None of the Apps showing up on Lock Screen!

Nope that did not help. I guess the steps mentioned there are primarily for the issue of the Lockscreen Apps not being shown as an option in the Settings>Personalization>Lock screen settings page.

My issue is that even though i select those apps from the settings menu but they dont show any status on the Lockscreen.

shobhitk, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen.

1. Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen. - Similar Threads - UWP apps locking

2. Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing: So I am using Windows 10, and I am facing problems with the Windows 10 UWP Apps, Sometimes they crash, don't work, unresponsive etc. But the other apps e,g Microsoft Edge, .exe apps work. How do I fix those problems with the UWP Apps?...
  3. Windows UWP apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  4. App Request For The Windows 10 Lock Screen

App Request For The Windows 10 Lock Screen: Hello, so I believe that this certain idea of an app still doesn't exist. (Recently, I've been looking for an app that does this certain customization, yet I haven't found one yet.) So here's the idea of the app: You know how you can set the Lock Screen Background to a...
  5. Windows 10 icons missing for UWP apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 icons missing for UWP apps: This problem has been bugging me for months. Right now I don't really have the option to make a new user profile or reinstall due to some parts of my very janky setup, but UWP icons are just gone. This question seems to have the same problem as me. The weird thing is the...
  6. UWP Programs Mouse stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP Programs Mouse stutter: I have an HP omen 15. Intel i7 8750h Geforce GTX 1060 6gb 16 gb ram 128 m.2 ssd and 1 hard drive 144 hz gsync screen Recently when opening any UWP programs like mail or display settings, my mouse stutters and lags for a couple of seconds before regaining full...
  7. Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications

Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications: My mouse cursor isn't locked to my crosshair when I'm unpaused from Minecraft or other apps. I've tried reinstalling Minecraft, no good. Restarting my PC, no good. Resetting UWP apps through Powershell seems to not work either; HTML Code: Add-AppxPackage -register...
  8. Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications.

Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications.: My mouse cursor isn't locked to my crosshair when I'm unpaused from Minecraft or other apps. I've tried reinstalling Minecraft, no good. Restarting my PC, no good. Resetting UWP apps seems to not work either; Add-AppxPackage -register appxmanifest.xml_file_path...
  9. Minecraft for Windows 10: Mouse not locking to the center of screen.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft for Windows 10: Mouse not locking to the center of screen.: When I look around in the game by moving the mouse sometimes the mouse drifts out of the screen. This can make the game unplayable as when ever I try to place a block it clicks on the desktop and the game is no longer selected. I've had the same problem (only on Minecraft and...
  10. UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10: At Build this year, we gave a sneak preview of a set of new APIs designed to provide diagnostic information about running apps. You can see the videos hereand here – but note that these were based on a pre-release implementation. So, while the Build videos are still correct...