Windows 10: windows 10 v.1803: Can see a pc but can't access it's shared drives.

Discus and support windows 10 v.1803: Can see a pc but can't access it's shared drives. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Two pc's with windows 10 v1803, on a private network (both), with "find devices and content" turned on, with file sharing turned on (both for private... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Μανώλης Χαρτοφύλλης, Sep 8, 2018.

1. windows 10 v.1803: Can see a pc but can't access it's shared drives.

Two pc's with windows 10 v1803, on a private network (both), with "find devices and content" turned on, with file sharing turned on (both for private and all networks), both can see each other, and one of them (let us name it: shared-pc) has three drives shared with full rights for "everyone" (sharing tab and security tab of their properties).

When I click to shared-pc icon (windows explorer of the second pc) it says: can't access..... check spelling...... error 0x80070035.

Any suggestions?

:)

Μανώλης Χαρτοφύλλης, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Sep 8, 2018
  4. windows 10 v.1803: Can see a pc but can't access it's shared drives.

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 v.1803: Can see a pc but can't access it's shared drives.

1. windows 10 v.1803: Can see a pc but can't access it's shared drives. - Similar Threads - 1803 can't access

2. Can't access a shared network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  3. Can see a PC in Network Neighborhood But can't connect to share

Can see a PC in Network Neighborhood But can't connect to share: There are 5 PCs on a network. PC1 is running as a server for a program Think Quickbooks as an example. The 2 folders are shared from PC1. All of the computers can see PC1 and see/map/use the shared drives except PC2. PC 2 can see PC1 in network neighborhood and can...
  4. Windows 10 can see server 2012 shares but refuses access

Windows 10 can see server 2012 shares but refuses access: Hi Everyone - I've spent several frustrating hours on this problem, and hope by posting to save someone else the grief. Problem: On Windows 10, trying to access some server 2012 shares gives a "you don't have permission...." error. Of course I have triple checked the...
  5. Windows 10 - Can't access \\computername but can access \\computername\share

Windows 10 - Can't access \\computername but can access \\computername\share: Hello, Since these latest updates/patches came out yesterday, I can no longer access shared folders on \\computername. However, I can access them with \\computer\share. I get the message "You do not have permission to access \\computername. Contact your network...
  6. Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore

Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore: Used to be able to see and access my share drives of various computers on my private network using file manager; but not any more. Could it be the latest Windows 10 updates have something to do with it? All computers are running Windows 10 or Win 10 Pro. Please help....
  7. Can't access Windows shares after 1803 update

Can't access Windows shares after 1803 update: I have two Windows 10 Pro computers on the same home network. Prior to the 1803 update I used to keep them in sync by sharing a folder on one, connecting to it on the other, and using sync software. The update has broken this. Now I can always ping the other machine by IPv4...
  8. How can Hyper-V VM access shared Host PC drive/folder?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How can Hyper-V VM access shared Host PC drive/folder?: I have just installed Hyper-V and Windows 10 on both Host & VM, and set up a wifi virtual switch so the VM can connect to the internet. Fine. But the Network icon in the Folders only shows its own desktop and "tsclient" but not the host PC. How do I get the VM to see the...
  9. New PC, Can not see shared drive

New PC, Can not see shared drive: Hi all Got a brand new PC with windows 10 Home premium. Setting it up I wanted to map my WD shared drive in the office. I can not even see the drive let alone map it. I have tried all sorts, switched on f&p sharing via elevated command prompt, enabled it in the network...
  10. Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup

Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup: We set up our small business network as a Workgroup awhile ago with all Windows XP computers. Some have been since upgraded to Windows 7, others to Windows 10. The most important issue is a folder on an XP machine that all others in the network need to be able to access....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 cannot access network share

2. windows 10 pro 1803 cannot access network drives

3. specifically help for windows 10 pro v.1803 networking