Windows 10: Windows 10 V. 1830 B. 17134.376, changing public to private network is not available in...

Discus and support Windows 10 V. 1830 B. 17134.376, changing public to private network is not available in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im using the above version and build of windows 10 and the provided way of changing the network as provided by Microsoft doesn't work for my build. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SandileSiyoko, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 V. 1830 B. 17134.376, changing public to private network is not available in...

Im using the above version and build of windows 10 and the provided way of changing the network as provided by Microsoft doesn't work for my build. In the network properties, the option to change from public to private is no longer available and it doesn't even give me the option to choose between the two after forgetting the network. Please help...

:)

SandileSiyoko, Nov 13, 2018

2. Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    How to change public network to private

I have two machines, one Pro the other Home, both on 17134.228. Both are connected by WiFi to the same router. The blue 'Change connection properties' link on Settings > Network & Internet > Status should take you to the Network Profile settings - one does, the other doesn't.

Windows 10 V. 1830 B. 17134.376, changing public to private network is not available in... [​IMG]

There are other ways to get to that page, one machine allows me to set Public/Private, the other doesn't.

Windows 10 V. 1830 B. 17134.376, changing public to private network is not available in... [​IMG]

Two possible reasons for this are given in the note for Option One, step 7 in Brink's tutorial....

Set Network Location to Private or Public in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

In my case, The Pro machine is using Hyper-V.

4. Stud_1946 Win User

Windows 10 V. 1830 B. 17134.376, changing public to private network is not available in...

How to change the network setting (Private, public, etc)

this answer from a different Microsoft page worked for me

Giridhar
    J
    replied on

• Microsoft

Accomplishments

• Microsoft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Stud_1946, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 V. 1830 B. 17134.376, changing public to private network is not available in...

1. Windows 10 V. 1830 B. 17134.376, changing public to private network is not available in... - Similar Threads - 1830 17134 376

2. Public or Private Changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public or Private Changing: Going nuts again! My puters that are ok with what is told on the net is correct. But, one is not, I click on properties when I bring up connections, does not bring a way to change the profile. 2004 must have changed something again. This is WFi which should mean nothing. If...
  3. Public or Private Network

Public or Private Network: Hello, May I ask: Should a home PC user select (from their network properties) the Public or Private Network Option? I don't want my PC to be viewed or discoverable by any neighbors in the WiFi Network. I will not be file sharing. Just simply want security. Thanks...
  4. changing network type on Windows 10 v 1803 from private to public and vice versa

changing network type on Windows 10 v 1803 from private to public and vice versa: how do you change the network type from private to public? from public to private? I have followed the instructions where you select the wifi icon > properties > network profile. when I get to network profile, nothing appears except for the "connect automatically when...
  5. Changing from public to private network in Windows 10

Changing from public to private network in Windows 10: I have a new Modem and a Router from my provider .router haS 4 ethernet port . first port connected to my desktop and it shows I'm on Public Network , my second port connected to my laptop and it shows I'm on Private Network . I don't know why my desktop is on Public and...
  6. Network changed from Private to Public

Network changed from Private to Public: I have windows 10 version 1803 now my wifi network connection shows public not private so I can not get to the internet. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-changed-from-private-to-public/503943f0-a5e9-483e-b1ef-a964d4e99178
  7. The option for changing network from public to private is no longer available in Window10...

The option for changing network from public to private is no longer available in Window10...: I was trying to change my home wifi network property from public to private so that network discovery would show other devices. The windows10 1803 17134.228 (my wife's laptop) still has the public and private options in the network's property menu. However, mine had been...
  8. How to change public network to private

How to change public network to private: My wife's laptop jumped into public network mode yesterday for no known reason. I remember that it happened to my desktop last year, and I found instructions online showing how to change it back. So yesterday we searched online and she found the secpol.msc method. I...
  9. How to change public network to private

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change public network to private: My wife's laptop jumped into public network mode yesterday for no known reason. I remember that it happened to my desktop last year, and I found instructions online showing how to change it back. So yesterday we searched online and she found the secpol.msc method. I...
  10. Change Network from Public to Private

Change Network from Public to Private: So I have Windows 10 up and running...How do I change my home Wi-Fi from Public networks to Private? I also want to join my homegroup however cannot seem to figure it out.... Thanks 12023