Windows 10: windows 10 v.1903 start menu options like command prompts, file explorer, computer...

Discus and support windows 10 v.1903 start menu options like command prompts, file explorer, computer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; is this a bug from some recent update? EDIT: The "right click" on Start, Not the Left click.... submitted by /u/sschardi [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sschardi, Feb 18, 2020.

1. windows 10 v.1903 start menu options like command prompts, file explorer, computer...

is this a bug from some recent update? EDIT: The "right click" on Start, Not the Left click....

submitted by /u/sschardi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sschardi, Feb 18, 2020

2. Adding an item to the File menu in Explorer, behaving like "Open Command Prompt"

In the file explorer, Windows 10 added a nice feature where in the file menu, "Open Command Prompt" opens a command prompt with the current folder set to the folder displayed in that explorer window. What I would like to do is add additional commands that
    do the same thing. What I mean is this: this feature behaves like a shortcut to cmd.exe, where the "Start In" field of the shortcut is dynamically set to whatever the folder displayed in the explorer window is; I would like to create additional shortcuts that
    get added to the explorer file menu that behave the same way (i.e., an arbitrary shortcut where "Start In" is set dynamically based on the explorer folder). Is this possible, and if so how is it accomplished? Thanks.

J. Scott Berg (BNL), Feb 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2020
  4. windows 10 v.1903 start menu options like command prompts, file explorer, computer...

Start menu, Task Manager, Command Prompt, Windows Explorer, right click option doesn't work on Windows 10

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for responding.

I appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Do let us know if you are able to see ay error code/ error message with this issue?

Method 1: If so, I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps has been provided in the below post and check if it helps.

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try
    to fix it the next time you sign in.”

If you find no errors and the issue still persists, try the below and check if it helps.

Method 2: As you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps to no avail, this seems to be an issue with corrupted user profile.

Step 1: I suggest you to enter into Safe mode on your computer and enable the built-in administrator account to create a new Microsoft account.

Follow the below steps:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power button.
    • Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.

Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the
    Windows Recovery Environment.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.

Step 2: Once you have entered into the Safe mode
    then, open Command Prompt and
    enable Built in Administrator

Follow the below steps to enable Built-in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.

• net user administrator /active:yes
    3. Close the Command Prompt

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account (Microsoft account).

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: Refer the below link to create the new Microsoft account.

Sign in with a Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 v.1903 start menu options like command prompts, file explorer, computer...

1. windows 10 v.1903 start menu options like command prompts, file explorer, computer... - Similar Threads - 1903 start menu

2. Command prompt starts instead of File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command prompt starts instead of File Explorer?: Around a month ago, I turned my laptop Asus TUF Gaming FX504 and instead of Explorer launching, I got greeted with Command Prompt. The fix was simple, I just typed "explorer" and everything was back to normal, but this issue kept on happening. I have a feeling it's something...
  3. Windows 10, v 1903 Start Menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, v 1903 Start Menu problems: Right Click on Start, options not all working now. Disk Mgmt, Computer Mgmt, both command prompts, and file explorer, nothing happens when selected. Left Click on start, command prompt does work. 150758
  4. Unicode like Bangla in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unicode like Bangla in Command Prompt: I want to print Unicode in Command prompt by Java. But I found no option to select Unicode in setting or anywhere. Is there a way to print Unicode in Command Prompt like Bangla language? N.B: Definitely by Command Prompt not other console application......
  5. Windows 10 v. 1903 Explorer Options

Windows 10 v. 1903 Explorer Options: Updating from v. 1809 there is a marked difference in File Explorer making it virtually useless. (I now must use EF Commander full time instead.) I open File Explorer and it opens to "Quick Access" where it shows only the pinned "Frequent folders". The recent / frequent...
  6. cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu: I was using Pinnacle Studio when it froze. On rebooting I discovered I had to reinstall my drivers for video and audio. I decided to use SFC /Scannow to check Windows. I discovered I could no longer access cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) by right...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Command Line Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Command Line Options: I am looking for a list of Microsoft Windows 10 "File Explorer command line options". Preferably from the Microsoft document or TechNet site. Thank you in advance,...
  8. Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10: I wish to totally remove Internet Explorer from one of my installs. I can't recall or get right the syntax for rmdir. Please give the full syntax and path to Internet Explorer in the cmd prompt. Or of deltree is an option for this. I'm aware that IE can be temporarily...
  9. File Explorer launches Administrator command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer launches Administrator command prompt: When I launch a recent folder or any folder linked on the pinned taskbar icon for File Explorer it launches what appears to cmd.exe with "Administrator" and the folder path in the top bar. the folder is also displayed in the command prompt itself. However if I just click on...
  10. Like to have command prompt , msconfig, and Regedit pinned to Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Like to have command prompt , msconfig, and Regedit pinned to Start: Hello Shawn am gradually getting there the settings and navigating them are not so hard as when I started using the default GUI on the main laptop. However as I used to in 7 I would like to have the command prompt , msconfig, and Regedit pinned on the Start menu as I do in my...