Windows 10: Windows 10 v1803 update Missing icons

Discus and support Windows 10 v1803 update Missing icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; after updating to windows 10, Edge, the control panel, and settings Icons in the task bar or in search do not have an icon. How do i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AaronAimoe, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 v1803 update Missing icons

after updating to windows 10, Edge, the control panel, and settings Icons in the task bar or in search do not have an icon.

How do i fix this?

:)

AaronAimoe, Jul 4, 2018

2. wmvcore.dll missing on Windows 10 v1803

wmvcore.dll missing on Windows 10 v1803 when trying to open Ashampoo Burning Studio 19

RobinViljoen, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 v1803 update Missing icons

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 v1803 update Missing icons

1. Windows 10 v1803 update Missing icons - Similar Threads - v1803 update Missing

2. Windows 10 Update Icon in Taskbar is Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update Icon in Taskbar is Missing: Until recently, when there were updates to download, I'd get an icon in my taskbar that let me know they were ready to download. Also, when I would shut down the computer, I'd get "Update and Shut Down" instead of just "Shut Down" when using Start > Power Button. These have...
  3. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 v1803 cant update: Hi everyone,I have a pc with windows 10 version 1803 which I have not used in about 2 years. I am trying to update it now but its not allowing me to do so. I cannot access services and get a mme.exe application error. I tried a few different things including the following but...
  4. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 v1803 cant update: Hi everyone,I have a pc with windows 10 version 1803 which I have not used in about 2 years. I am trying to update it now but its not allowing me to do so. I cannot access services and get a mme.exe application error. I tried a few different things including the following but...
  5. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 v1803 update

Windows 10 v1803 update: I updated my windows 10 from 1703 to 1803 I found some problems so I rolled back to 1703 if I want to upgrade it again later what should I do ? Update stuck on needs restart to be install...
  7. Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803: OS: Win10 x64 - v1803 Dell workstation Optiplex 780, 7010 Onboard network - Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network. Problem: Yellow network icon but still able to surf the interent (webpages), but Internet icon shows the domain name but Not connected. Can ping out to external...
  8. Windows update V1803

Windows update V1803: Hi, For a number of months I have been prompted to update to V1803. When doing his update I always got the blue screen of death - showing a driver problem. Updating all drivers has not solved this problem and the update will always revert back to previous version of Windows....
  9. Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803: My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/toolbars-missing-from-taskbar-in-windows-10-v1803/199e8c1d-277f-4595-a14c-346ad5e7bad1 However here is a solution: Remove the Language Toolbar...
  10. Xbox Game storage missing error (Windows 10 v1803)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game storage missing error (Windows 10 v1803): Really hate Microsoft right now! The short version is that my H drive got corrupted last week, taking with it about 3 TB worth of games including a number of Microsoft Store UWP titles (Gears of War 4, all 130 GB of it!) plus some apps. Thankfully I only lost games (Steam,...