Windows 10: Windows 10 v1809 known issue using Account CSP for renaming devices

Discus and support Windows 10 v1809 known issue using Account CSP for renaming devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When enrolling devices through Autopilot, you can create an Autopilot deployment profile and configure the “Apply device name template” setting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 v1809 known issue using Account CSP for renaming devices

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...or/ba-p/737137

:)

Brink, Jul 3, 2019

2. Windows CSP

Please advise when the below two SKUs will be available for Academic institutions under the CSP pricelist

• Windows 10 Enterprise E3
    • Windows 10 Enterprise E5

Rasha Moghrabi, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 v1809 known issue using Account CSP for renaming devices :(

Zakin, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 v1809 known issue using Account CSP for renaming devices - Similar Threads - v1809 known issue

2. Windows 10 Rename Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Rename Issue: I was trying to select multiple photos and rename which was in multiple formats like jpg, pngI needed windows to rename those files in a order for example: photo 1, photo 2, photo 3but windows 10 renames it by file type now i have photo 1, photo 1, photo 2, photo 2like the...
  3. Windows 10 Rename Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Rename Issue: I was trying to select multiple photos and rename which was in multiple formats like jpg, pngI needed windows to rename those files in a order for example: photo 1, photo 2, photo 3but windows 10 renames it by file type now i have photo 1, photo 1, photo 2, photo 2like the...
  4. Windows 10 Rename Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CSP

in Windows 10 Customization
    CSP: Can someone please inform the correct Custom CSP for InstallWindowsDefenderApplicationGuard? I'm aware there is a method of deploying the same setting via endpoint-protection. I currently need to use the CSP to deploy the setting manually as documented....
  6. V1809 and SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    V1809 and SSD Issue: Another win 10 v1809 issue. I have an HP570 PC with an SSD and HD installed. Installing 1809 means the PC fails to boot windows everytime. Only solution I have found is to turn off mains power after shutdown. This solves the issue but is frustrating. Going back to 1803 is an...
  7. Issues with Windows 10 v1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with Windows 10 v1809 update: The last two Windows 10 updates have both caused me significant problems. The 1803 update caused issues with the geolocation service in IE (it fails). I reported this as a bug with v1803 in May. MS released a fix in June but it didn't work. Reported it again that month....
  8. Is this a known issue?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this a known issue?: Hello, In another thread I indicated that my computer shows that the KB4056892 update failed. I was informed how to find out if it did indeed install, which it has. My question is will the error in View installed History will ever be correct, or are there any concerns other...
  9. Windows virtualization use rights coming to CSP

in Windows 10 News
    Windows virtualization use rights coming to CSP: Windows is and has always been, about choice.We’re exceptionally proud that Windows 10, the most secure Windows ever, offers the widest range of device form factors and the greatest breadth of input options with support for touch, pen, gesture, and voice. Customers choose...
  10. Windows 10 build 10041: Known Issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10041: Known Issues: The new version of Windows 10 Technical Preview released today, brings along some great new features and many changes compared to the previous editions. However, as with any major release, there are a number of bugs and issues, and you should be aware of these before taking...