Windows 10: Windows 10 v1809-UWP apps (incluiding store, edge) can't access internet when network type...

Discus and support Windows 10 v1809-UWP apps (incluiding store, edge) can't access internet when network type... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since updating my PCs to 1809, none of the UWP apps can get online. The machine is connected, since all my win32 applications work, but no UWP stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Bardon, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 v1809-UWP apps (incluiding store, edge) can't access internet when network type...

Since updating my PCs to 1809, none of the UWP apps can get online. The machine is connected, since all my win32 applications work, but no UWP stuff (so Store, Edge, Xbox etc). What I've tried so far:

-Cleared the "Automatically detect settings" option in the internet properties

-Uninstalled/reinstalled the XBox app

-Run a sfc /scannow check (no changes)

-Disabling windows firewall

The only thing that seems to help is changing the network type from private to public, which I don't want to leave, since I have machines using file shares on my LAN, and I want them to be discoverable. Anything else I can try to troubleshoot here? I can't see why WIn32 applications would be fine, and that Windows itself would be able to update, but that none of the "store" apps function.

:)

Chris Bardon, Oct 21, 2018

2. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 21, 2018
  3. No internet access for Windows 10 or any of windows apps (Edge, weather, store, update,...)

Hello Lowell Crabtree,

This issue may be related to few things, I will suggest you to follow the instructions bellow.

Step 1. Disable the proxy settings:

If your proxy server is enabled, this may cause internet connection problem for windows application. so i would like to suggest you to disable the proxy first.

for disabling the proxy, you need to follow the instructions below.

1. Open Run Box by pressing Windows +R keys together.

2. Type Control in the Run Box and press enter.

3. Click On Network and internet option, and choose internet option.

4. After choosing the internet options, you need to click on connections tab.

5. Click On Lan Settings,

6. Now If you can see check on Use a proxy server settings. you should simply uncheck it and click on ok.

Now you should try to access the internet.

Step 2: Change DNS Address :

if your dns server is not responding properly. this may cause no internet access problem for windows apps. so i will suggest you to change dns address by following the instructions below.

• Open Run Box,
    • Type ncpa.cpl in the top address bar.
    • Right click on your network adapter and go to properties
    • Now select Tcp ipV4 and click on properties again.
    • Click On Use the following DNS server address, and type 8.8.8.8 in the primary DNS address.
    • Type 8.8.4.4 in the secondary DNS address.
    • Now press ok button and close the network connections window.
    Finally you need to reboot your computer and lets see, it this is working now or not.

Step 3 - If you can still not connect to internet using windows application, i will suggest you to uninstall the antivirus or disable it for while.

Now check if you can get connected to the internet or not.

AjayRathaur, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 v1809-UWP apps (incluiding store, edge) can't access internet when network type...

Network Fails for Microsoft Apps Only (Edge, Store, & Store Apps)

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Unfortunately, I cannot access the internet using MS Edge and the MS Store fails to open. Any networked apps from the MS Store fail (eg. Netflix app). The MS Edge message is "Hmmm... cannot reach this page..." the error is INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. MS Store simply reports "Check your connection." General networking is fine, so I can access the internet normally using Chrome and Firefox.

Googling shows a number of hits for this and similar problems but of all the numerous steps I've tried, nothing has fixed this problem.

Things I have tried, suggested by others:

# Changed the DNS to 8,8,8,8 - 8,8,4,4 – no difference so changed them back.
    # Ran Network Troubleshooter – all okay.
    # Complete network reset.
    # Cleared DNS cache - ipconfig /flushdns
    # Reset IP settings - netsh int ip reset
    # Refreshed netBIOS names - nbtstat -RR
    # Refreshed Winsoc catalogue - netsh winsock reset
    # Ran Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    # Ran File system checker - sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

Looking at the CBS.log file, there was a single corrupt file:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscormmc.dll from store

After completing all of the above and rebooting multiple times througout, the problem persists.

This problem may have occurred after an update but otherwise I have no clue as to how it began. That was some weeks ago and I have tolerated the issue until now. I’d rather not have to do a complete Windows reset if I don't have to.

visibility, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 v1809-UWP apps (incluiding store, edge) can't access internet when network type...

1. Windows 10 v1809-UWP apps (incluiding store, edge) can't access internet when network type... - Similar Threads - v1809 UWP apps

2. Windows 10 LTSC V1809 Microsoft Store App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 LTSC V1809 Microsoft Store App: Where can an get an officially sanctioned Microsoft Store App to install on the Windows 10 LTSC V1809? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-ltsc-v1809-microsoft-store-app/a162d1fe-e674-4463-9c51-da2ed5d83102
  3. Windows 10 LTSC V1809 Microsoft Store App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 LTSC V1809 Microsoft Store App: Where can an get an officially sanctioned Microsoft Store App to install on the Windows 10 LTSC V1809? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-ltsc-v1809-microsoft-store-app/a162d1fe-e674-4463-9c51-da2ed5d83102
  4. Windows 10 LTSC V1809 Microsoft Store App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My windows can't access internet when hosted network enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows can't access internet when hosted network enabled.: My windows 10 can't access internet when I enable my hosted network even though the ping in command prompt gives a response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-cant-access-internet-when-hosted/e2bc8bf4-a82c-4b9a-b4cf-b77cafec4da4
  6. I can't type any letter into UWP Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't type any letter into UWP Apps: So recently, I have a issue in my laptop, that's I can't type any letter into UWP Apps, I tried sfc /scannow and dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and I still can't fix it and I also tried to reset the system and I'm also can't fix it too.This is some properties...
  7. I can't type any letter into UWP Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type any letter into UWP Apps: So recently, I have a issue in my laptop, that's I can't type any letter into UWP Apps, I tried sfc /scannow and dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and I still can't fix it and I also tried to reset the system and I'm also can't fix it too.This is some properties...
  8. I can't type any letter into UWP Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can't access "Network & Internet" settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access "Network & Internet" settings: When I try to open the "Network & Internet" section of Settings, the app crashes. I *can* open it when in Safe Mode. I'm using Win 10 2004. Here's the Event Viewer error record of what happens: Error when trying to open Network & Internet Settings: Faulting application...
  10. Can't Print in Edge and UWP Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Print in Edge and UWP Apps: I can't seem to print in Edge or other UWP apps but I can in normal software. This includes photo viewer. [img] 62671

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp 1809 one drive photo

2. windows 10 uwp apps no network but win32 fine

3. uwp apps cannot connect to internet

4. all uwp apps fail need internet connection,
  5. windows 10 1809 edge direct access,
  6. uwp application no network