Windows 10: Windows 10 v1903 Crashing on 48% Update

Discus and support Windows 10 v1903 Crashing on 48% Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all. I've been trying to upgrade from Windows 10 1903, however every time the computer will lock up on 48%. Only a hard reset will fix and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ABT_PC, Sep 19, 2019.

1. ABT_PC Win User

Windows 10 v1903 Crashing on 48% Update

Hello all.

I've been trying to upgrade from Windows 10 1903, however every time the computer will lock up on 48%. Only a hard reset will fix and rolls back to previous versions. I've tried uninstalling the antivirus, and removing all unnecessary USB devices. Trying the windows update assistant or media creation tool also does not work; every time it crashes on 48%

Any help / advice is appreciated as I don't relish the prospect of having to preform a clean installation.

Regards,

Andy

:)

ABT_PC, Sep 19, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 v1903 Crashing on 48% Update

Cumulative Update KB4512941 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.329 - Aug. 30 Win Update

The way I finally overcame this snafu about KB4512941 with error 0x800f081f was by doing a repair install using UUPDump .iso for this build. I didn't try to reinstall .NetFramework 3.5 and some other steps suggested in articles found around the web. I considered that to be too much downtime for me.

Now everything seems to be working fine:

Windows 10 v1903 Crashing on 48% Update [​IMG]

Windows 10 v1903 Crashing on 48% Update [​IMG]

IronZorg89, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 v1903 Crashing on 48% Update

1. Windows 10 v1903 Crashing on 48% Update - Similar Threads - v1903 Crashing 48%

2. Update crashes on 48%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update crashes on 48%: I was having some issues with my windows 10 computer so I decided to do a repair upgrade. I used the MCT tool to do so. It goes up tilll 48% then shows a error box for a split second and then crashes and shows attempting to recover installation. I had a similar issue once...
  3. Update crashes on 48%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update crashes on 48%: I was having some issues with my windows 10 computer so I decided to do a repair upgrade. I used the MCT tool to do so. It goes up tilll 48% then shows a error box for a split second and then crashes and shows attempting to recover installation. I had a similar issue once...
  4. Update crashes on 48%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update freezes at 48%

Windows 10 Update freezes at 48%: Hello all:I have been dealing with this for months and trying to follow various forums on this issue, but none of it actually works. So I thought i should start with a fresh post in which i can provide information about my specific system to folks. For months my computer...
  6. Windows 10 update v1903

Windows 10 update v1903: Unable to update my Aspire one 1-431 laptop. The update continually fails s it requires about 8GB to install and my laptop is unable to meet this requirement. I have stripped out all additional apps other that the windows installed ones, deleted any items in the recycle bin...
  7. Windows 10 update freezes at 48%

Windows 10 update freezes at 48%: A popup says that support for the currently installed version of Windows 10 on my laptop will loose support in November and that I need to reboot my machine to upgrade to a new version. I have tried to do this several times and each time it freezes at 48%. I am finding that...
  8. Calculator of Windows 10 (v1903) keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator of Windows 10 (v1903) keeps crashing: Hello Community, after setting up a completly new userprofile, the user now encouters an error with the latest Version of Windows 10. Please look at the following screenshot for further details about the used system. He is still using the same device as always and nothing...
  9. Windows 10 Update v1903

Windows 10 Update v1903: Hello, I decided to update my windows 10 1803 to 1903 but it doesn't work. Please help me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-v1903/f890c78e-e4fa-4b47-ae9c-8c1444498370
  10. problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

problem updating to Windows 10 v1903: I've currently October update v1809 installed on my laptop. two days ago, I got to know that there is a new update available named "feature update v1903". I've downloaded it till 99% but there was a message saying "there was a problem installing the update, please restart and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 continues to try to install

2. windows 10 update 1903 probleme bei Installation 48%

3. windows update turns off at 48%