Windows 10: Windows 10 v1903 Darken Desktop Background

Discus and support Windows 10 v1903 Darken Desktop Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like the new Windows 10 v1903 desktop background, but I would like to darken the new Windows 10 Desktop Picture. How do I do this? I looked in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Allen305, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Allen305 Win User

Windows 10 v1903 Darken Desktop Background

I like the new Windows 10 v1903 desktop background, but I would like to darken the new Windows 10 Desktop Picture. How do I do this? I looked in Personalization. I don't see away to darken the v1903 background.

:)

Allen305, Jul 1, 2019

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

The thing is I have no spyware; I've done scans with different pieces of software and they all confirm this. The active desktop bit that was removed by Search & Destroy is, I think, a pure Windows thing and I've seen it being listed in Search & Destroy scans on both this and other PCs before.

The thing is that this time I was trying to be clever and pressed "delete" whereas before I just ignored it. I've undone the Active Desktop removal in Search & Destroy and also followed your tips above but it makes no difference - still no desktop background. Any other ideas or do I just wait until the next reformat?

Misiowiec, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 v1903 Darken Desktop Background - Similar Threads - v1903 Darken Desktop

2. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes: Firstly, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have tried to find an answer to this but the information available seems to to not provide much help.Microsoft Intune / Endpoint ManagerWithin here I have created my config profiles for my users, the one that i'm...
  3. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  4. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  5. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed: When running my MSI GS75 on battery power, a dark image, such as Windows settings in dark mode, will make the screen dim. It's not an environmental issue as my laptop hasn't left my room and the lighting doesn't change. I've had this same issue with my old Acer Nitro 5. Is...
  7. rename virtual desktop windows 10 v1903?

in Windows 10 Customization
    rename virtual desktop windows 10 v1903?: Hello, how can I rename the virtual desktop in windows 10 , can not find. Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-virtual-desktop-windows-10-v1903/13765a41-acfc-4c58-b45a-fb0eb51d4a65
  8. windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 v1903: Can anyone help. I have had one pc and one laptop suffer loss of location/language since updating to this version. No matter what I do in settings I cannot get anything but English us in my search engines (firefox /edge/google). I have had to reset my pc it went into...
  9. Brightening & darkening of desktop background opening start or windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightening & darkening of desktop background opening start or windows: Brand new PC i7700K Windows 10. Having a persistent issue I can't fix when I boot up that has never happened on my older PC or Surface Book that are both running Windows 10. I have 3 monitors. Basically only on my main monitor, when ever I open the start menu or any...
  10. Change Desktop Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Desktop Background in Windows 10: How to: Change Desktop Background in Windows 10 How to Change your Desktop Background in Windows 10 Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color, or a slideshow playing selected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW TO DARKEN BACKGROUND ON DESKTOP

2. darken windows color after 1903 installation

3. welcome to windows

4. backgrounds in windows 10 v1903,
  5. windows 10 1903 background download