Windows 10: Windows 10 v1903 option to restart the computer doesnt work

Discus and support Windows 10 v1903 option to restart the computer doesnt work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, i recently bought new Windows 10 license for my old Asus N61vg.This was an clean installation from USB stick.All the drivers installed thru... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by blackcactus, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 v1903 option to restart the computer doesnt work

Hello, i recently bought new Windows 10 license for my old Asus N61vg.This was an clean installation from USB stick.All the drivers installed thru Windows update option.All the updates are downloaded and installed. Now there are no updates avlible.

Issue: Doesnt work the restart option from main menu start.The computer is getting stuck on blank black screen.Funny is that "shutdown" option work well.The USB stick is created by official Microsoft tool installed from Microsoft site and was pierfously used to install other copys of w10 1903 to my friends (with no issues)

:)

blackcactus, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 v1903 option to restart the computer doesnt work

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 v1903 option to restart the computer doesnt work

1. Windows 10 v1903 option to restart the computer doesnt work - Similar Threads - v1903 option restart

2. backslash doesnt work on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    backslash doesnt work on windows 10: For some reason the backslash doesn't work on my computer. The "|" does work which is on the same key. I've tried multiple keyboards but still no luck. I've also plugged in both keyboards to a different computer and the backslash key does work. For this reason I'm certain the...
  3. Windows 10 "Optimize" option doesnt work no matter what i do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 "Optimize" option doesnt work no matter what i do.: To turn off auto defrag on my SSD i tried the Optimize option from "my PC" AND from search. Whenever i click the option, nothing happens. I have seen videos on youtube when a pop up comes with settings. That doesnt happen no matter what. Help? Should i try the method given...
  4. While restarting computer Esc option not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    While restarting computer Esc option not working: While restarting the computer Esc option button was not working and troubleshooting using Advance startup option, they asking password for the restart but keyboard not working while it is working with normal use. can u help with this as soon as possible?...
  5. Windows 10 animations doesnt work after each restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 animations doesnt work after each restart: Hi, I have windows 10 Home edition and recently did a windows reset and kept my files. Everything was ok for a few days, then I noticed that windows animations like minimizing and maximizing windows stop working and I have to manually go to the appearance settings and apply...
  6. Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options

Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options: Hi! Since May 2019 Update there is the problem that if you enter Values (Days) on Advanced Update Options in Windows 10 Pro to delay the "Feature Updates" and "Quality Updates" for more than 0 Days, these options will disappear completely at the next reboot. If you enter...
  7. V1903 effects on Computer

V1903 effects on Computer: More of a comment than a question. Installed V1903 non 6-7-2019 then found out the usage of the HDD rose from about 60 gb to over 340 gb.The capacity of the HDD is 450 gb. The 60 gb has been study for years, and only after installing V1903 did it increase. My microsoft disk...
  8. windows 10 v1903

windows 10 v1903: Can anyone help. I have had one pc and one laptop suffer loss of location/language since updating to this version. No matter what I do in settings I cannot get anything but English us in my search engines (firefox /edge/google). I have had to reset my pc it went into...
  9. Region and language option doesnt work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Region and language option doesnt work in windows 10: In windows 10 When I click language preferences under language option in task bar, It will show just a white page in region and language and There is nothing there. No options and no nothing else. That is very weird . so any body have any suggestions?...
  10. Computer Doesnt Reboot Back After Restart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Doesnt Reboot Back After Restart?: I just currently started having this issue. My computer runs completely fine. However I applied recent windows 10 upgrades and I for some reason had to restart I cant remember why. However after the initial restart the computer simply stayed on and didn't initiate boot. I...