Windows 10: Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So after following the correct way to renew my laptop I followed the Reset option and used a new USB stick from the desktop. It was backed up and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M Leary, Aug 12, 2019 at 2:32 PM.

1. M Leary Win User

Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours

So after following the correct way to renew my laptop I followed the Reset option and used a new USB stick from the desktop. It was backed up and all data saved. After restarting (No saved applications etc.) it has remained at 99% overnight with disk activity light for at least 14 hours now. The USB content was made under v1903 fully updated using the menu.

What happens if after a couple days I have to hit the reset switch? Will I lose my existing use of the v10 Pro key? Will I have to buy a new license or just enter the OEM one, the current one which is different or my email account (Activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account)?

There is no key (on the sticker for Windows 8) for this ASUS laptop as it is was purchased in 2014 and upgraded during Windows 10 free upgrade. It now shows two keys when interrogated, perhaps the OEM original using cscript and another one using a keyfinder. It went to v10 Pro after purchase while the free upgrade was still in effect (2015).

Or should I restore the backup and retry a reset again differently? This had no Cloud update option presented during the prompt to reset (not yet in production).

Thanks

M

:)

2. Tharaklt Win User

Reset operation in Windows 10 stuck at 99%

I reset the pc( windows 10). It struck at 99%. Its been more than two hours. How to sort out the problem. Please suggest a solution.

Original title: Reset stopped at 99%

3. BeccaG Win User
    Full Reset, stuck at 99% for over 12 hours

Hi all,

Started a full reset of my sons desktop PC (running win 10) yesterday afternoon, left it on all night and it was at 99% at 7am this morning, it's now nearly 8pm and it's still at 99%.

I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions of what to do.

4. Parshwa Win User

Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours

Resetting this PC stuck at 99%

Hello, I have a laptop with i3 Processor and windows 10 and I wanted to reset my PC so I used the Windows backup and reset tool and now my PC is stuck at"Resetting this PC:99%" for more than 13 hours. What should I do?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours - Similar Threads - v1903 Reset Desktop

2. PC reset stuck at 99% need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC reset stuck at 99% need help: Hello, on March 17, 2:30 pm I started a PC reset. I choose to completely wipe both of my hard drives, 2TB hdd and 128 GB ssd (I chose the option that was most secure). I did this because I believed there was a virus that had infected my computer that I could not find. I kept...
  3. Full Reset, stuck at 99% for over 12 hours

Full Reset, stuck at 99% for over 12 hours: Hi all, Started a full reset of my sons desktop PC (running win 10) yesterday afternoon, left it on all night and it was at 99% at 7am this morning, it's now nearly 8pm and it's still at 99%. I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions of what to do....
  4. Reseting this PC 14% for 12 hours!!!!!

Reseting this PC 14% for 12 hours!!!!!: I put my Windows to reset how lomg does it take ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reseting-this-pc-14-for-12-hours/e6b18ae9-7831-4543-a1fc-fc61b3eeddca
  5. Resetting Pc windows 10

Resetting Pc windows 10: I would like to ask this question just for knowledge purposes. Why we need a recovery environment while resetting the Pc to factory settings as when I was clicking on getting started for resetting a Pc ,A popup window came alerting me " could not find recovery enviroment"....
  6. Windows 10 reset from USB fails at 57%

Windows 10 reset from USB fails at 57%: I'm attempting to help my son reset his HP Envy laptop to reset his Windows 10 so he can re-purpose the machine to use at work. The laptop was purchased with Win8 and was then upgraded to Win10. We created a Win10 USB recovery drive and then tried to execute a full reset on...
  7. Resetting Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting Desktop: IAfter having difficulties with my Leveno Desktop running Windows 10 I tried to reset (removing personal files) the process started ok but seems to be stuck at 47%. Started the process at 3 pm yesterday. Any ideas?...
  8. "Resetting this PC" got stuck at 40% for several hours and then jumped to 99% suddenly...

"Resetting this PC" got stuck at 40% for several hours and then jumped to 99% suddenly...: I chose to remove all my files and clean the drives. It downloaded windows 10 normally after that 99%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/resetting-this-pc-got-stuck-at-40-for-several/be93ad98-2600-41a5-aa4d-f0d1c15802be
  9. Trying to reset this PC on my desktop

Trying to reset this PC on my desktop: Few minutes ago I tried to click " Get started " for Reset This PC. If your PC isn't running well, resetting it might help. This lets you choose to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. I find my desktop boot up very slow recently and have to wait at...
  10. Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour

Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour: Should I be worried. I upgraded from Win 7. It took me to the welcome screen and when I typed in my password it would just hang. Then go black and reboot. So I pressed ctrl alt delete and options came up. I decided to just reinstall basically formatting my hard drive. And it...