Windows 10: Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So after following the correct way to renew my laptop I followed the Reset option and used a new USB stick from the desktop. It was backed up and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M Leary, Aug 12, 2019.

1. M Leary Win User

Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours

So after following the correct way to renew my laptop I followed the Reset option and used a new USB stick from the desktop. It was backed up and all data saved. After restarting (No saved applications etc.) it has remained at 99% overnight with disk activity light for at least 14 hours now. The USB content was made under v1903 fully updated using the menu.

What happens if after a couple days I have to hit the reset switch? Will I lose my existing use of the v10 Pro key? Will I have to buy a new license or just enter the OEM one, the current one which is different or my email account (Activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account)?

There is no key (on the sticker for Windows 8) for this ASUS laptop as it is was purchased in 2014 and upgraded during Windows 10 free upgrade. It now shows two keys when interrogated, perhaps the OEM original using cscript and another one using a keyfinder. It went to v10 Pro after purchase while the free upgrade was still in effect (2015).

Or should I restore the backup and retry a reset again differently? This had no Cloud update option presented during the prompt to reset (not yet in production).

Thanks

M

:)

M Leary, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Tharaklt Win User

Reset operation in Windows 10 stuck at 99%

I reset the pc( windows 10). It struck at 99%. Its been more than two hours. How to sort out the problem. Please suggest a solution.

Original title: Reset stopped at 99%

Tharaklt, Aug 12, 2019
  3. BeccaG Win User
    Full Reset, stuck at 99% for over 12 hours

Hi all,

Started a full reset of my sons desktop PC (running win 10) yesterday afternoon, left it on all night and it was at 99% at 7am this morning, it's now nearly 8pm and it's still at 99%.

I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions of what to do.

BeccaG, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Parshwa Win User

Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours

Resetting this PC stuck at 99%

Hello, I have a laptop with i3 Processor and windows 10 and I wanted to reset my PC so I used the Windows backup and reset tool and now my PC is stuck at"Resetting this PC:99%" for more than 13 hours. What should I do?

Parshwa, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours - Similar Threads - v1903 Reset Desktop

2. I reset my Omen Desktop and it's shown "Resetting this PC 99%" for the last 14 hours, what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my Omen Desktop and it's shown "Resetting this PC 99%" for the last 14 hours, what...: My PC's storage was full and I've had it for a while now so I figured I had a bunch of **** that I had installed and it was time for a cleaning. Since it's a gaming desktop, I also had games in random places and I wanted to organize, but since I used it for schoolwork during...
  3. I reset my Omen Desktop and it's shown "Resetting this PC 99%" for the last 14 hours, what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reset my Omen Desktop and it's shown "Resetting this PC 99%" for the last 14 hours, what...: My PC's storage was full and I've had it for a while now so I figured I had a bunch of **** that I had installed and it was time for a cleaning. Since it's a gaming desktop, I also had games in random places and I wanted to organize, but since I used it for schoolwork during...
  4. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  5. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  6. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Resetting my pc stuck at 99% for hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting my pc stuck at 99% for hours: Hello, I tried to reset my computer this morning and now it has been stuck on 99% for the last 3-4h and I don't know what to do. I looked on google and some people are saying to hard close the computer and boot it back up and some others are saying to let it finish by itself...
  8. Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours: Hello, yesterday I decided to do a factory reset on my HP OMEN 15 (I'm planning to sell it). Everything was going well (I'm aware that this can last several hours), but then it got stuck at 99%, so I waited until the next day. Now it's around 6pm and it's still stuck on that...
  9. “Resetting this PC” stuck at 99% for almost 24 hours: What to do?

“Resetting this PC” stuck at 99% for almost 24 hours: What to do?: Hello everyone! Yesterday I started a complete restore (I made it the “slow”, but complete one) To 0 to 98% it went up pretty fast, but once reached 99%, it stops there. I don’t think that it takes 24 hours to “Delete” a 1TB HDD. I need this PC for tomorrow. What can I do...
  10. "Resetting this PC 99%"

"Resetting this PC 99%": It's been 12 hours since I started resetting my PC with remove everything and data erasure options selected. I only have ~250GB of data on my Windows drive and my other drive has a few folders not even making up to 100MB. So I'm surprised it's taken this long. Should I let it...