Windows 10: Windows 10 (v1903) sound issue with Realtek ALC889A codec

Discus and support Windows 10 (v1903) sound issue with Realtek ALC889A codec in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My recently upgraded Windows 10 (v1903) seems to have some compatibility issues with the old Realtek ALC889A codec. Neither the latest Realtek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Farshad7, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Farshad7 Win User

Windows 10 (v1903) sound issue with Realtek ALC889A codec

Hi
    My recently upgraded Windows 10 (v1903) seems to have some compatibility issues with the old Realtek ALC889A codec. Neither the latest Realtek drivers (6.0.87xx.x) nor Microsoft default generic one resolve the popping and crackling sounds, which didn't occur before on my Windows 7.
    By means of trial and error, I am sure it is not either a hardware issue or a problem in system sound settings.

I hope it is solvable, though. Please let me know if there is a solution.
    Cheers
    Farshad

(MB: Gigabyte EP45T-DS3R)

:)

Farshad7, Sep 7, 2019

2. Sound issues Windows 10 64-bit

I've tried these suggested steps multiple times and it did not help.

Then I've made a clean installation (erased/formated everything on my HDD) of Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit and upgraded immediately to Windows 10 at the end of the installation of win 8.1.

After that sound was fine (only GPU drivers manually installed and no other manually downloaded drivers) but then after 2 or 3 restarts sound was gone again.

I then updated the driver/codec (i have Realtek ALC892) with Realtek Audio Codecs R2.79 and for now it did the trick.

Hope it will solve the problem in the long term. Stay tuned (-;

KingKhan_89, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 7, 2019
  4. amaan07 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 (v1903) sound issue with Realtek ALC889A codec - Similar Threads - v1903 sound issue

2. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  3. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  4. USB Audio Codec Popping Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Audio Codec Popping Sound Issue: I've noticed that when a sound starts and ends, a crack/pop type sound can be heard. It seems that the USB Audio Codec driver goes to sleep (power save?) after 20 seconds of not hearing any audio. I've tried: Changing Sample Rate. Uninstalling both the USB Audio Codec and...
  5. Realtek Driver Sound issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Driver Sound issues: Hi All, I have a Dell Desktop with a Realtek Sound card. I use it primarily for recording music through a Guitar processor output to the Line IN jack on the back plate. I had an issue with it when it was new and Dell sent me links to drivers for the sound card and the...
  6. Sound issues in with Realtek drivers on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues in with Realtek drivers on windows 10.: 3-4 days ago I actualized my windows version and since then I have been having sound issues. Since turning my PC on yesterday I have had no sound at all. Let me go over the current situation: -I am using headphones, not speakers. -I have Gigabyte B450 M motherboard and...
  7. Issues with Realtek HW Audio Codec - No sound.

Issues with Realtek HW Audio Codec - No sound.: This afternoon I booted up my laptop, started up a game, then connected the laptop to a second monitor, upon which it switched the sound output to the second monitor rather than keep the output as the laptop speakers. The sound doesn't work on the second monitor, so I tried...
  8. Realtek Stereo Sound Issues

Realtek Stereo Sound Issues: I started noticing that in games, some sounds aren't working properly. As an example, in 3D games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 2 and Dying Light, the positional audio for character dialog lowers in volume if you are not facing directly at the character. If I turn...
  9. sound mapping codecs in Windows 10

sound mapping codecs in Windows 10: what sound mapper works best with Blue Icicle USB micrrophone preamp and Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sound-mapping-codecs-in-windows-10/111bafa6-bef5-4120-a6b5-969b53290ca9
  10. Microsoft app sound issue possible codec?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft app sound issue possible codec?: Here goes.... So upgraded the main pc with no issues to Win10 home, well so I thought. Using a Asus xonar dx card on a 5.1 system and latest drivers ( 8.1.8.1823 )all seems well, until you play music using "Groove" or "Media Player" and here is where the fun starts. IF...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alc889a

2. alc889a windows10

3. realtek alc889a codec

4. fix sound on windows 10 v1903,
  5. windows 10 alc889a hd,
  6. realtek alc889a windows 10,
  7. windows 10 v1903 realtek,
  8. no audio device installed windows 10 realtek v1903,
  9. windows 10 drivers for alc 889a codec