Windows 10: Windows 10 V1909 causes driver problems

Discus and support Windows 10 V1909 causes driver problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is it possible to update to Windows 10 v1909 or beyond and retain the correct drivers that are already installed? V1909 has changed how Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DennisWUrban, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 V1909 causes driver problems

Is it possible to update to Windows 10 v1909 or beyond and retain the correct drivers that are already installed?

V1909 has changed how Windows 10 treats drivers and driver updates by preventing the correct drivers from remaining installed even if the group policy editor is set to not allow changes or from being re-installed. My research time indicates this has to do with Microsoft having had issues with driver updates resulting in issues with Windows 10 itself. Unfortunately for tens of thousands of people this destroys their systems rendering them useless without rolling back to older versions of Win 10 and then staying with those soon to be obsolete versions. When in doubt, V1909 reverts drivers to vintage year 2006 Microsoft generic drivers that fail to work with the much more modern hardware.

Does anyone have any idea if Microsoft is planning to come up with a fix, perhaps in later versions? Or if there is a workaround other than staying with older versions of Win 10?

This ain’t good! Wish I had remained with Win 7.

:)

DennisWUrban, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 13, 2020
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 V1909 causes driver problems

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 V1909 causes driver problems

1. Windows 10 V1909 causes driver problems - Similar Threads - V1909 causes driver

2. Which driver causes the problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which driver causes the problem?: I run driver verifier. It showed DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION but i don't know which driver is causing this. Please help. here are minidump files: minidump...
  3. Which driver causes the problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which driver causes the problem?: I run driver verifier. It showed DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION but i don't know which driver is causing this. Please help. here are minidump files: minidump...
  4. Bad GPU Driver Update causing problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Bad GPU Driver Update causing problems in Windows 10: [ATTACH]It is always recommended to keep Windows drivers up-to-date, and this goes especially for […] This article Bad GPU Driver Update causing problems in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Does Windows 10 v2004 fix driver problems that v1909 caused on older PCs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does Windows 10 v2004 fix driver problems that v1909 caused on older PCs?: 1. Does Windows 10 v2004 fix the driver problems caused by v1909 on many older PCs? 2. If you don’t know the answer, can you answer this: will I be able to update to v2004 from v1809 and still be able to roll-back to currently installed v1809 if v2004 fails to run...
  6. Windows 10, v1909 update causes Windows Store Connection Problems

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10, v1909 update causes Windows Store Connection Problems: On my Dell Optiplex 9010 Desktop and my HP Pavillion DM4 Laptop I have experience network communications errors in Microsoft Store and Onenote for Windows 10 after Windows Update installed Windows 10, v1909 update. After Uninstalling the update the problem was fixed. Anyone...
  7. Windows 10 v1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 v1909: Just updated to new version of Win10 and some application windows no longer have resize overlapping squares or minimize underscore buttons at the top right of windows. Only the close window "X" appears. This is consistent across Firefox, Explorer and Edge. Windows Live...
  8. Asphalt 8 problem with Window 10 v1809 to v1909

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Asphalt 8 problem with Window 10 v1809 to v1909: I am facing crashing issue with Asphalt 8. This also happen with Asphalt 9 and Dragon Mania legends but after update V-1903 it resolved. I installed fresh version of Win 10 and try everything as guide by internet. Reinstall gamesmany times, reset, troubleshoot but issue not...
  9. WINDOWS 10 V1909 BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 V1909 BSOD: I successfully updated to WIN 10 V1909 and have been using it with out problems for some time. Today, I got a BSOD, auto rebooted successfully. Looked at the reliability monitor and found the reboot critical event were a hardware error followed by an unexpectant shutdown....
  10. Windows 10-v1909 Network Printer Problems ... again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10-v1909 Network Printer Problems ... again: We are having issues printing from Windows 10 Pro-v1909 64b to a network-attached printer from multiple devices. Onevery device with printing issues, the following is true: ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro v 1909 DRIVER: v4 Win 8-10 06/21/2006 installed 01/14/2020...