Windows 10: Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the Windows 10 v1909 update, this PC (see link for config) has been having the following File Explorer issues: Thumbnails not loading: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Judah_Richardson, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer

Since the Windows 10 v1909 update, this PC (see link for config) has been having the following File Explorer issues:

• Thumbnails not loading:
      Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer 6326acc5-c440-418b-8904-fbb645765108?upload=true.png
    • File Explorer starting with only Quick Access, This PC, and Libraries in the left shortcut pane, with the main pane saying "Working on it" (it loaded instantly before):
      Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer 7b5c1687-5e7c-413e-aaef-f9654a610cc3?upload=true.png

I know this isn't a storage device issue as all my storage drives are good:

Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer a82becd4-e6b3-4c34-a2d1-92d69066741a?upload=true.png

Any ideas?

:)

Judah_Richardson, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Pauli O Win User
    Windows 10 v1909 Update

Microsoft is making changes how updates are delivered and one example is that if you have v1903 installed then update to v1909 is fast, more like any monthly cumulative update.

Quote from v1909 release announcement:

November 2019 Update, as we have worked to make this a great experience for all devices, and an exceptionally fast update process for devices running the May 2019 Update.

How to get the Windows 10 November 2019 Update | Windows Experience Blog

Pauli O, Nov 18, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

Yeah, they play perfectly fine.

Thanks, this did the trick perfectly!

I'm scratching my head then, because so far every computer I update to 1803, even fresh installs, can no longer read the details of mkv files. But at least icaros fixes the problem for now. Hopefully the bug is fixed in Windows natively eventually.

newtekie1, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer

1. Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer - Similar Threads - v1909 update breaks

2. Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.: When i click a subfoler, e.g Desktop, Downloads, Documents in Windows Tools App, it breaks file explorer. This was on 22H2. The file explorer has tabs in it....
  3. Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.: When i click a subfoler, e.g Desktop, Downloads, Documents in Windows Tools App, it breaks file explorer. This was on 22H2. The file explorer has tabs in it....
  4. Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. KB2565063 Breaks File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB2565063 Breaks File Explorer: After KB2565063 is installed, File Explorer will no longer work.After opening File Explorer it just hangs, like it is searching for drives and their contents.I do not have any other drives plugged in besides the C:\ drive.No other peripheral devices are plugged in. It's a...
  6. KB2565063 Breaks File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB2565063 Breaks File Explorer: After KB2565063 is installed, File Explorer will no longer work.After opening File Explorer it just hangs, like it is searching for drives and their contents.I do not have any other drives plugged in beside the C:\ drive.No other peripheral devices are plugged in. It's a...
  7. Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network

in Windows 10 News
    Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network: Microsoft has again managed to release a serious of problematic updates for Windows 10 that have caused serious problems for some users. The bugs in Windows 10’s October Patch include Blue Screen of Death, broken File Explorer, printer disconnection bug, and network issues....
  8. Windows 10 v1909 update not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v1909 update not working: I ham getting an error every time I try to check for updates . error code is 0x80070422. I used the virtual assistant which suggested a number of actions none of which cured the problem Can anyone help me pleas? Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 update v1909 Breaks my PC - user folder 'will' renamed 'will.000'

Windows 10 update v1909 Breaks my PC - user folder 'will' renamed 'will.000': When I ran the Windows update v1909 it copied my user folder 'C:\Users\will' to 'C:\Users\will.000' and then deleted most of the files in 'C:\Users\will' . Consequently most of my applications can't now find the files they need - OneDrive, Outlook, etc. My PC is now useless....
  10. Windows 10 v1909 Update

Windows 10 v1909 Update: Today (Patch Tuesday?), I was notified of the update to v1909. I duly performed this but was surprised that this update was performed very quickly; in fact in minutes! On restart, I went and viewed the installed updates and saw:- "Feature update to Windows 10, version...