Windows 10: Windows 10, v1909 update on 6/10/2020, Word Desktop app

Discus and support Windows 10, v1909 update on 6/10/2020, Word Desktop app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10, v1909 update on 6/10/2020. After the update i am unable to open word documents. Message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\dcarl\". The Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DCarley, Jul 2, 2020.

1. DCarley Win User

Windows 10, v1909 update on 6/10/2020, Word Desktop app

Windows 10, v1909 update on 6/10/2020. After the update i am unable to open word documents. Message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\dcarl\". The Word icon is there the document is in the file/folder and I have not changed anything. Was working, updated, now not working.

I have spent hours with Microsoft 365 / Office help who told me that it is a windows issue, multiple Office uninstalls, reinstalls and repairs later I still need help to open my word docs.

When I go to OneDrive docs they open but, when I request to open with desktop App I receive an error message "Something went wrong".

Initially, I was not able to open any Office product with the Desktop app but after the first uninstall, reinstall, repair the only issue is the word docs.

:)

DCarley, Jul 2, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Jul 2, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10, v1909 update on 6/10/2020, Word Desktop app [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10, v1909 update on 6/10/2020, Word Desktop app - Similar Threads - v1909 update 2020

2. Problem with Windows 10 Update on 6/12/2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Windows 10 Update on 6/12/2020: Starting on June 12th after my laptop Inspiron 15 5000 auto-installed an update, my built-in microphone stopped working properly. The microphone didn't stop picking up sound completely, but wouldn't pick up my voice above a certain level, such that all of my friends on...
  3. Windows Update June 10, 2020 - No Desktop

Windows Update June 10, 2020 - No Desktop: I was prompted to install an update via the notification icon. I selected update and restart. The update occurred, I was presented with the welcome screen with the Bing Photo, and logged onto my computer. I got a black screen with a functioning mouse. The keyboard was...
  4. New Windows Update 6-01-2020

New Windows Update 6-01-2020: I recently updated my windows and now it says my version doesnt support remote desktop and I need to upgrade. Why is this? I was using it normally for the update and this is important for me as I am working from home with the pandemic. Why am i now forced to pay 99$ to...
  5. Windows 10 v1909 update not working

Windows 10 v1909 update not working: I ham getting an error every time I try to check for updates . error code is 0x80070422. I used the virtual assistant which suggested a number of actions none of which cured the problem Can anyone help me pleas? Thanks...
  6. Windows 10 v1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 v1909: Just updated to new version of Win10 and some application windows no longer have resize overlapping squares or minimize underscore buttons at the top right of windows. Only the close window "X" appears. This is consistent across Firefox, Explorer and Edge. Windows Live...
  7. WINDOWS 10 V1909 BSOD

WINDOWS 10 V1909 BSOD: I successfully updated to WIN 10 V1909 and have been using it with out problems for some time. Today, I got a BSOD, auto rebooted successfully. Looked at the reliability monitor and found the reboot critical event were a hardware error followed by an unexpectant shutdown....
  8. Windows 10 v1909 Update

Windows 10 v1909 Update: Today (Patch Tuesday?), I was notified of the update to v1909. I duly performed this but was surprised that this update was performed very quickly; in fact in minutes! On restart, I went and viewed the installed updates and saw:- "Feature update to Windows 10, version...
  9. Windows 10 v1909 is afoot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 v1909 is afoot: I was working on someone else's computer this afternoon when I noticed in his Update and Security page the "Optional Update" for 1909 appeared with the link to download and install. So I guess it is released although the MCT page still indicates the May Update. JohnD 141586
  10. Windows 10 v1909 is afoot

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v1909 is afoot: I was working on someone else's computer this afternoon when I noticed in his Update and Security page the "Optional Update" for 1909 appeared with the link to download and install. So I guess it is released although the MCT page still indicates the May Update. JohnD 141586