Windows 10: Windows 10 v1909

Discus and support Windows 10 v1909 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just updated to new version of Win10 and some application windows no longer have resize overlapping squares or minimize underscore buttons at the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EConnor, Mar 11, 2020.

1. EConnor Win User

Windows 10 v1909

Just updated to new version of Win10 and some application windows no longer have resize overlapping squares or minimize underscore buttons at the top right of windows. Only the close window "X" appears. This is consistent across Firefox, Explorer and Edge.

Windows Live Mail, Acrobat Reader DC and LibreOffice have buttons but only Minmize seems to work, Resize does nothing and hovering over it brings up a small window "Restore Down".

Earlier today before update everything worked fine. I would rather not go back to DOS mode where all apps were full screen only.

Anyone know how to get Resizing to appear and work in this update to Windows 10 - some setting perhaps? Or do we have to roll back this update somehow?

:)

EConnor, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 v1909

Delta6326, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 v1909

1. Windows 10 v1909 - Similar Threads - v1909

2. Updates wont install stuck on v1909 and missing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates wont install stuck on v1909 and missing files: Hi there! So unfortunately, I have some issues on my computer. Mainly, I cant really install updates and I am stuck on version 1909. I checked if my device supports the updates and it does. Another issue is that it said that I am missing important files and/or security fixes....
  3. Updates wont install stuck on v1909 and missing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates wont install stuck on v1909 and missing files: Hi there! So unfortunately, I have some issues on my computer. Mainly, I cant really install updates and I am stuck on version 1909. I checked if my device supports the updates and it does. Another issue is that it said that I am missing important files and/or security fixes....
  4. Updates wont install stuck on v1909 and missing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot install patch for Win 10 v1909

Cannot install patch for Win 10 v1909: Hi everyone, Recently, I tried to help my workstation with Win10 v1909 to install patches in KB5005031.Since my workstation is in an offline environment, I cannot update it via Windows Update Assistant.Thus, I download the patch from Microsoft Update Catalog.Everything ran...
  6. KMODE exception not handled on windows 10 v1909

KMODE exception not handled on windows 10 v1909: Occurs on upgrade and clean install. Always occurs after a change to boot record as the 20H2 does during upgrade & install.No error codes displayed before the KMODE exception message.Tried every "try and see list" out there over 4 months. Ergo my Windows 10 is "out of...
  7. Can't update Windows 10 since v1909 setupapi.dev.log attached

Can't update Windows 10 since v1909 setupapi.dev.log attached: I haven't been able to update Windows 10 since version 1909. It showed error 0xc1900101-0x3001, but I've followed help articles to disable anti-virus, all start up programs, non-Microsoft services, and repaired important system files with sfc and DISM commands. It still can't...
  8. Windows 10 v1909 fails v20H2 update: 0xC1900101 - 0x30018, log files included

Windows 10 v1909 fails v20H2 update: 0xC1900101 - 0x30018, log files included: I'm still running the 1909 version of Windows 10 Home Single Language and for months tried to update to the 20H2 version but to no avail. My latest installation attempt displayed the following message upon reboot:0xC1900101 - 0x30018The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT...
  9. still on Win 10 v1909 in May of 2021

still on Win 10 v1909 in May of 2021: Been trying to update Windows 10 with no luck, still on version 1909 since like two years ago, last time a feature update was successful. Been trying some of the steps out there to fix the updater, but all they did was mess it up more. Now, when I click check for updates,...
  10. Unable to update Win10 Home v1909 following removal of Conexant audio compatibility hold

Unable to update Win10 Home v1909 following removal of Conexant audio compatibility hold: Hi Community,I have a problem updating my version of Windows 10 - hope someone can help.I'm currently on Win10 Home version 1909 and haven't been offered 2004 or 20H2 through Windows Update due to a compatability issue with Conexant audio drivers.Explanatory link:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 v1909 all editions