Windows 10: Windows 10 v2004 brings back Windows 7 era Bluetooth feature

Discus and support Windows 10 v2004 brings back Windows 7 era Bluetooth feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020 Update) reintroduces support for Bluetooth A2DP sink, which allows users to stream music from phone to PC speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 19, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 v2004 brings back Windows 7 era Bluetooth feature

Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020 Update) reintroduces support for Bluetooth A2DP sink, which allows users to stream music from phone to PC speakers over Bluetooth connection.

Back in the old days, Windows 7 supported Bluetooth A2DP sink, which allowed you to receive audio from other Bluetooth devices and stream music from your Bluetooth-powered phone to speakers of the PC.

With Windows 10 May 2020 Update, Microsoft is finally enabling support for Bluetooth A2DP sink.

In a support doc uncovered by us, Microsoft has confirmed that you can configure Windows 10 version 2004 to behave like a Bluetooth speaker and you can still hear audio from the phone. You can also use the wired headphones connected to the PC as the remote audio sources.

Microsoft says that Windows 10 now uses the underlying Bluetooth components in the OS to process remote audio sources and play it on the computer’s audio endpoints such as the speakers or wired headphones/earphones.

Windows 10 v2004 brings back Windows 7 era Bluetooth feature A2DP-Sink.jpg

The Bluetooth A2DP sink support would remain disabled by default and it needs to be managed by apps, which are responsible for remote audio streams.

“The AudioPlaybackConnection class is used to enable and disable connections from a remote device as well as to create the connection, allowing remote audio playback to begin,” the company stated.

As we reported recently, Windows 10’s May 2020 Update is expected to roll out between May 26 and May 28. The May 2020 Update introduces many other improvements for consumers, enterprises and even developers.

For instance, the update includes a new version of Windows Subsystem for Linux (WS), which offers its own isolated Linux kernel. The real Linux kernel would become a part of Windows 10 and it will run on a thin version of the Hyper-V hypervisor, which can be serviced with security fixes via Windows Updates.

The WSL 2’s new virtualization is similar to Windows Sandbox and it allows Windows and Linux to share the same resources to avoid performance issues

In addition, Windows 10 version 2004 finally brings support for WDDM 2.7 and it will improve frame rates, reduce latency in some games. WDDM 2.7 also brings support for video playback improvement and fixes for multi-monitor configuration.

The post Windows 10 v2004 brings back Windows 7 era Bluetooth feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 19, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, May 19, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, May 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 v2004 brings back Windows 7 era Bluetooth feature

Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Windows 10 v2004 brings back Windows 7 era Bluetooth feature [​IMG]

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 v2004 brings back Windows 7 era Bluetooth feature

1. Windows 10 v2004 brings back Windows 7 era Bluetooth feature - Similar Threads - v2004 brings era

2. How to Bring back the old Cascade window feature/style

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Bring back the old Cascade window feature/style: I would like to know if there is a system tweak that will allow me to restore the old cascade window feature. It is essential and the new snap grid window feature does not meet the cut. to me it seems foolish to remove features that have been around for 10-15 years just for a...
  3. Bring Windows 10 key back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bring Windows 10 key back: Well, I had Windows 10 Home Single Language and I wanted to change my language, put a generic key in and im stuck with a deactivated windows.I tried installing produkey but Windows Security wouldn't let me.Please help!...
  4. v2004 and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    v2004 and Bluetooth: Ever since the 2nd Tuesday update last week for v2004, I have been having an issue with Bluetooth connecting to more than one device simultaneously at times. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. When this problem arises, one or the other shows as only "Paired" while the...
  5. v2004 and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Support
    v2004 and Bluetooth: Ever since the 2nd Tuesday update last week for v2004, I have been having an issue with Bluetooth connecting to more than one device simultaneously at times. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. When this problem arises, one or the other shows as only "Paired" while the...
  6. Windows 10 v2004 Bluetooth Dongle issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 v2004 Bluetooth Dongle issues: Hello, not too long ago I updated to v2004 as Windows update finally allowed me to. Everything seemed to go fine until today when I tried to play VR and the Bluetooth Dongle I own which is a ASUS BT-400 said it was having driver errors. I checked and sure enough it's no...
  7. Microsoft could be bringing back Windows 10 Sets’ key feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could be bringing back Windows 10 Sets’ key feature: The preview builds of Windows 10 Redstone 5 update included ‘Sets’ feature that allowed users to add tabs to almost every window. Sets feature adds tabs to almost every app’s window and it supported traditional desktop apps too, which means Sets would add tabs to File...
  8. Bring back Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bring back Windows 7: Microsoft, we are tired with Windows 10. I don't like UWP. Please bring back Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bring-back-windows-7/15491d4d-a7bc-4bc4-8b8e-2732a77aaf42
  9. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Windows Vista or 7: Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo...
  10. Microsoft Brings Their Spying Features From Windows 10 to 7 & 8

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Brings Their Spying Features From Windows 10 to 7 & 8: So according to Forbes, Microsoft is bringing 4 updates to Windows 7 and Windows 8 that spy on you like in windows 10 Here's some details, The four updates in question and the official Microsoft descriptions are: KB3068708 Update for customer experience and...