Windows 10: Windows 10 v2004 Cannot Trim SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 v2004 Cannot Trim SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just upgraded to Windows 10 v2004. When I attempt to optimize my SSD drive I get the response "Optimization not available". The reason given in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DexaDon, Jun 18, 2020.

1. DexaDon Win User

Windows 10 v2004 Cannot Trim SSD

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 v2004. When I attempt to optimize my SSD drive I get the response "Optimization not available". The reason given in the event log is "The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002A". This was working perfectly on Windows 10 v1909.

Hardware configuration is:

Sandisk 120G SSD

Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller v1.2.0.1039

I subsequently upgraded the Marvell controller to v1.2.0 1049, but it still does not optimize the SSD.

Any suggestions?

:)

DexaDon, Jun 18, 2020

2. A-Data Ships XPG SX95 and S592 SSDs with New Windows 7 TRIM Firmware

Hmm somethings a miss there, namely the fact there are only 3 features listed twice *Roll Eyes Windows 10 v2004 Cannot Trim SSD :rolleyes:

InTeL-iNsIdE, Jun 18, 2020
  3. S_and_S Win User
    WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

In Windows 10, the TRIM command is executed whenever Windows 'optimizes' the SSD. No need to do this on your own.

S_and_S, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 v2004 Cannot Trim SSD

TRIM for SSD drive

I have a new Dell desktop PC with WIN 10. It has a hard drive (DWindows 10 v2004 Cannot Trim SSD :) and a SSD (CWindows 10 v2004 Cannot Trim SSD :). In the past I have always defragged my hard drive but I understand that I should not optimize/defrag the SSD - that WIN 10 by default uses TRIM to optimize the SSD. I read
    that TRIM is set as a default in WIN 10 and that it optimizes the SSD once a week. But when I look at the properties for the SSD drive, it shows that it has not been optimized for 14 days.

1. How do I know that TRIM is working?

2. If it isn't set as a default, how to I change that?

Thanks.

M Walsh

MarianWalsh, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 v2004 Cannot Trim SSD

1. Windows 10 v2004 Cannot Trim SSD - Similar Threads - v2004 Cannot Trim

2. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  3. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  4. Windows 10 SSD AUTO Trim?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 SSD AUTO Trim?: Windows' SSD Auto-Trim Setting is set to Once a Week. It's been 21 days and the SSDs still haven't been trimmed. It has done it to HDDs but not to SSDs for 21 days. The setting is set to Once a week. Doesn't he normally have to do this anyway? Does he do it when necessary?I...
  5. ssd trim problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd trim problem: Hello I have 2 ssd drives micron and lexar and after windows 10 1709 version to latest version of windows 10 and windows 11 I'm having trim not enabled issue, hdd sentinel software says that trim is supported but disabled and I have tried many ways and software's but I just...
  6. SSD Trim Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Trim Windows 10: If TRIM is scheduled to run automatically weekly does your computer have to be TURNED ON for it to run? Thanks Bany.. 167625
  7. ssd trim

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd trim: NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end. 134705
  8. Windows 10 SSD TRIM help

Windows 10 SSD TRIM help: I have been using a Samsung 850 EVO for just over 2 years as my OS drive and it transformed my pc, fast and quiet. In the last few months I noticed it is not being automatically optimized/trimmed by Windows 10 on it's weekly schedule. I am able to manually optimize it. I...
  9. Cannot Trim SSD's after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Trim SSD's after Windows 10 Anniversary Update: After update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update I cannot Trim SSD's. SSD's not recognised. I tried running "winsat formal" from an elevated (admin) command with no success. Any suggestions? 61792
  10. SSD Trim Question

SSD Trim Question: Hi There Wondering if SSD Trim does it autoly with Windows Maintenance task? or if I should run that manually weekly, I set in the SSD dashboard, Enable Trim, Weekly for the schedule, but not sure if it ran, states under it last run none. Very very new to SSD drives, first...