Windows 10: windows 10 v2004 file explorer does not auto refresh

Discus and support windows 10 v2004 file explorer does not auto refresh in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; file explorer does not auto refresh Need to hit f5 to get files and folders to refresh. Unable to find a fix for windows 10 v2004 September 2020... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Laura_D, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Laura_D Win User

windows 10 v2004 file explorer does not auto refresh

file explorer does not auto refresh

Need to hit f5 to get files and folders to refresh.

Unable to find a fix for windows 10 v2004 September 2020

For example - when I attempt to delete a folder from the desktop - I get this error message windows 10 v2004 file explorer does not auto refresh 676c68dc-1fcd-4644-8e58-f02048ef9704?upload=true.jpg

:)

Laura_D, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh

After a few days, File Explorer stops automatically refreshing. Operations like:

• Adding or renaming a file
    • Deleting a file
    • Adding a folder
    • Moving a file/folder
    • etc.
    complete successfully, but nothing happens visually until I manually press F5.

Some of you may realize that this question has
    been asked several
    times
    before, like this one nine
    years ago
    . I've tried every single resolution step I can find that's been suggested. The problem always returns.

I think it's time someone from Microsoft answers this question properly. Why does a well documented bug like this go this long without a fix? Can you provide a solution that works and hasn't been blindly copied and pasted multiple times?

Whimsical Seaplane, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Matazel Win User

Windows explorer fails to auto-refresh after file operations

Windows explorer fails to auto-refresh after file operations
    Windows 10

After file operations, rename, delete, etc., the file manager fails to update itself. After each operation I must press F5 to update the file list in file manager. sfc - did not found any violations.

Matazel, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 v2004 file explorer does not auto refresh - Similar Threads - v2004 file explorer

2. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  3. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  4. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing: Sometimes Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing randomly for no reason. I must press F5 everytime i made changes, quite annoying. Restarting all Explorer.exe processes from task manager solved it, but the problem comes back again later Do anyone know what caused this...
  6. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  7. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  8. Windows 10 auto refresh in browsers and explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 auto refresh in browsers and explorer: Since January 14, 2021, after self-updating window 10, I have noticed each time I go to type in a website address or type within a webpage text box eg form the browser will refresh itself and I have to re click on the box and type again. This is especially annoying when...
  9. Windows file search does not auto refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows file search does not auto refresh: So recently windows updated and i was using the search function at the upper right. Before the update, as soon as I type even a letter the whole file explorer will refresh to the most relevant thing. Now I had to type it all out and then hit enter for it to show what is...
  10. Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently updated to the latest version of windows 10 and surface book 2 firmware. After rebooting i realized that file explorer auto refresh had stopped working. After reading and doing alittle investigating i found that many others...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable auto refresh in windows 10 file explorer