Windows 10: Windows 10 v2004 Freezes Randomly and BSODs

Discus and support Windows 10 v2004 Freezes Randomly and BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a system with the following specs: R7 3700X no overclock 2x 16G RAM 3600 MHz CL16 Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming MoBo running latest BIOS, F50 MSI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sunip, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Sunip Win User

Windows 10 v2004 Freezes Randomly and BSODs

I have a system with the following specs:

1. R7 3700X no overclock
    2. 2x 16G RAM 3600 MHz CL16
    3. Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming MoBo running latest BIOS, F50
    4. MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC GPU no overclock

powered by a 700W Titanium PSU.

I have Windows Virtual Machine Platform enabled for WSL2 the reason I upgraded to 2004 manually.

I am using all the latest drivers.

However, the computer freezes randomly with mostly HYPERVISOR_ERROR or IRQL_LESS_EQUAL BSODs. I have noticed this happens when there is low graphics load on the GPU. Creating artificial load with GPU-Z or MSI Kombustor or even playing a game prevents these BSODs or random freezes. I have tried turning the hardware-assisted GPU scheduling both on and off to no effect. I have gone back to 1909 due to an unrelated issue with MATLAB, and I have not experienced any freezing whatsoever, current uptime has been over four hours.

I would like to know what could be causing these issues on 2004. It would be great to be able to update to 2004 for WSL 2 alone.

:)

Sunip, Jul 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 v2004 Freezes Randomly and BSODs

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 v2004 Freezes Randomly and BSODs

1. Windows 10 v2004 Freezes Randomly and BSODs - Similar Threads - v2004 Freezes Randomly

2. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  3. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD with VIDEO_MEMORY_INTERNAL_MANAGEMENT on Windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with VIDEO_MEMORY_INTERNAL_MANAGEMENT on Windows 10 v2004: After installing the update KB4571756, I got a BSOD with stop code VIDEO_MEMORY_INTERNAL_MANAGEMENT while playing a game. So I updated my GPU driver. After a few days, again I got the same BSOD. So I uninstalled KB4571756. Everything was running fine, but then again I got...
  6. Random BSOD and freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD and freezing: I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing,...
  7. Windows 10 freezes randomly with BSOD

Windows 10 freezes randomly with BSOD: Hi I have experienced BSOD randomly for a long time. In order to find the problem, I have changed almost all hardware, I have reinstalled Windows to 1909. But I still experience BSOD min. ones pr. day. I hope you can help me solve the problem by looking at my...
  8. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  9. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  10. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...