Windows 10: Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education

Discus and support Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've downloaded the windows 10 media creation to attempt a fresh install on my Windows 10 Pro Education computer. The Pro Education option is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mcbrided, Jun 12, 2020.

1. mcbrided Win User

Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education

I've downloaded the windows 10 media creation to attempt a fresh install on my Windows 10 Pro Education computer.

The Pro Education option is not available, and when typing in the product code, it says my key is not valid for the windows 10 installations available.

When I choose No Product Key to access the version selection page, Education and Pro are listed, but no Education Pro.

Was this missed, or is Pro Education no longer supported?

:)

mcbrided, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. Using Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Education edition

I'm trying to create an installer on a USB thumb drive for Windows 10 Education using the Media Creation Tool but I'm having a little trouble.

When I run the tool and get to this screen:

Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education c2a391fe-eb54-44e2-a6fa-f3a0ecbc8bbc?upload=true.jpg

There is no other option under the dropdown for "Edition". It just shows "Windows 10".

I know in the past that the Education edition wasn't included in the tool but it was supposedly included in an update as of November according to a comment in this post:

Media Creation Tool and Windows 10 Education Edition

But the weird thing is, it doesn't show any of the options like Home or Pro.

slacker384, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education

How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education

1. Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education - Similar Threads - v2004 Media Creation

2. Media Creation for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation for Windows 10: How du I install from USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-for-windows-10/7156bd3d-1c34-46d6-ae9b-e1375070aa49
  3. Windows 10 creation media

Windows 10 creation media: I downloaded the media creation tool to a 16GB USB drive. I started the process and got the 'computer may restart several times' message . Two days later I still have a black screen. I tried the 'turn off the computer before it boots'. I tried removing the media. I am using...
  4. Education Edition Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Education Edition Media Creation Tool: Hello, I received CD-Key for Microsoft Windows 10 Education Edition from my college. I want to install this on my PC build I'm completing soon. I'm trying to make a USB thumb drive using the tool found here....
  5. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Media Creation Tool: We are an IT company that routinely performs scratch installs for Windows 10 Pro using the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. We now have several accounts that required Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and I do not believe this is an option in the standard Windows 10 Media...
  6. windows 10 media creation

windows 10 media creation: if i was to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 using the media creation tool, would all my programmes and files like office and photos and documents come to windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 Media Creation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Media Creation: Hello, I was wondering how to get my external HDD back to normal. I installed the media creation tool to my external HDD, and now it is showing 31.9GB free of 31.9B free, but the original size of it is 1TB. How would I go about fixing this? Cheers, Tyler T....
  8. Using Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Education edition

Using Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Education edition: I'm trying to create an installer on a USB thumb drive for Windows 10 Education using the Media Creation Tool but I'm having a little trouble. When I run the tool and get to this screen: [ATTACH] There is no other option under the dropdown for "Edition". It just shows...
  9. Media creation tool wont upgrade from 10 pro to 10 educational

Media creation tool wont upgrade from 10 pro to 10 educational: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my windows OS from 10 Pro to the new 10 Educational I have been provided by my uni. your media creation tool keeps spitting out an error "The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isnt supported by this...
  10. Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool

Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool: so in the media creation tool i dont have Windows 10 pro i only have Windows 10 , Windows 10 home and single use , Windows 10 N . 76930