Windows 10: Windows 10 V2004 - Possessed Mouse - Erratic Behavior

Discus and support Windows 10 V2004 - Possessed Mouse - Erratic Behavior in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the last week I have had 2 different PC Clients complain about a possessed mouse. One I can dismiss, two identical independent reports have me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RangerZ, Oct 20, 2020.

1. RangerZ Win User

Windows 10 V2004 - Possessed Mouse - Erratic Behavior

In the last week I have had 2 different PC Clients complain about a possessed mouse. One I can dismiss, two identical independent reports have me concerned.

Both have indicated that all of a sudden the mouse started moving all around the screen not just floating in one direction. When they tried to use the mouse, they felt as though they were fighting for control. In many ways it sounds like the mouse issues I have when I do remote service.

Both users shut the computers down via the power button as they could not navigate sufficiently to do a Start => Shutdown. The problem has not return for either after a reboot.

Both have been scanned with ESET Internet Security with nothing found. I did not actually see either experience the issue.

Unlike some of the other threads, this is not a persistent issue. ATM I am not looking for a solution, but more to see if others are experiencing the same and we can tie this to a service pack or some other comment event.

One is an Lenovo T540, the other an HP 840 G1. They do both have Logitech Unify mice and keyboards, but different ones. Both machines, not surprisingly, show the same recent set of updates.

• KB4578968 Dot NET
    • KB4579311 Cum update
    • KB4580325 Adobe Flash
    • KB4576478 Dot NET
    • KB4561600 Adobe Flash

Additional key words:

erratic mouse, possessed mouse, erratic behavior, uncontrolled mouse, out of control, mouse

:)

RangerZ, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Bob_1950 Win User

Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior

Why won't Microsoft fix the erratic mouse behavior problems they introduced with their Windows 10 updates.

Hundreds of thousands of users (perhaps millions) have complained and they are all using different mice on

different types of computers.

Microsoft keeps sending users off chasing red herrings to try and fix the problems.

In the real world of logic all these users over all these years can't all have had separate and individual mouse

problems spontaneously after the Windows 10 updates that are unrelated.

Most of the suggested fixes don't work for most people.

Microsoft needs to stop shirking its responsibilities and blaming the users.

Microsoft must find and fix the problems they introduced.

Bob_1950, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Bob_1950 Win User
    Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior

I am concerned by your response because you are treating this as if it is just an individual problem for me, when the tone of my question is why you are not looking at the millions of posts relating to the erratic mouse behavior following Windows 10 updates.

Are you incapable of seeing ALL those comments, complaints and questions related to this matter?

For the record my current attempt to resolve the problem is a new SiliconWin mouse which comes after a

series of 5 different mice (and they are NOT faulty). I only have access to one computer running Windows 10.

But none of that is relevant when I already referred you to the millions of users with these issues using millions of different mice across the world and all alerting you to the Windows 10 erratic mouse problems.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???

Bob_1950, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 V2004 - Possessed Mouse - Erratic Behavior

Erratic Mouse behavior

Hi Diana,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the model number of your HP laptop?
    2. Which update did you install prior to this issue?
    3. Are you using an external mouse or the inbuilt Touchpad of the laptop?

I suggest you to follow the sections First, try checking your hardware and then
    Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers from
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    and see if you are facing the same issue.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Method 1: Reduce the Touchpad Sensitivity.

I would suggest you to follow the section Adjusting TouchPad or ClickPad pointing sensitivities from

TouchPad or ClickPad
    and reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad and check for the issue.

You can follow the section Opening the Touchpad Settings from the above link to open the Touchpad Settings.

Method 2: Reinstall the Touchpad Drivers.

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the
    R
    key from your keyboard and type Devmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter

Step 2: Double-click Mice and other pointing devices on the list to expand it.

Step 3: Right-click on Synaptics Pointing Device and choose
    Uninstall from the list of options and click on OK.

Step 4: Once the drivers have been successfully uninstalled,
    restart the computer once
    for the drivers to install automatically and check for the issue.

Method 3: Clean Boot.

If the above methods didn't work, then I would suggest you to perform a
    Clean Boot
    and check what exactly is causing the issue.

NOTE: A 'Clean Boot' starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality
    while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If the Clean Boot works, then don't forget to place the computer to normal boot by going to 'Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting' section in the Clean Boot link.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 V2004 - Possessed Mouse - Erratic Behavior

1. Windows 10 V2004 - Possessed Mouse - Erratic Behavior - Similar Threads - V2004 Possessed Mouse

2. possessed mouse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    possessed mouse: HI, I have a separate mouse connected to my laptop, sporadically something takes over the mouse whereas it becomes difficult to move, feels heavy then abruptly releases. This has been going on for a year or more, I have pulled out all the plugs and other normal stuff. Thank...
  3. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  4. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  5. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Erratic scroll wheel behavior/mouse behavior in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Erratic scroll wheel behavior/mouse behavior in Windows 10: Hello I've been dealing with this strange issue on Windows 10 among other issues. Clicking middle click on the scroll wheel to scroll easier results in erratic, jerky behavior in many applications on Windows(Chrome, Edge, discord, etc.). Every time I move my cursor a little...
  7. Erratic mouse cursor behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic mouse cursor behavior.: My mouse is having a tendency to chage icons when transitioning from windows or over text. Gets stuck on different cusor icons and sometimes two parallel lines that are vertical. Ive checked windows updates and even done a reset of the pc resetting the OS....
  8. Erratic Mouse behavior

Erratic Mouse behavior: Please help me.. I recently updated my HP laptop i have windows 10 and ever since the update my mouse/pointer have being behaving uncontrollably. it moves around without me touching opening tabs, open pages, my touch sometime stop working and the least shaking of the laptop a...
  9. Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior

Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior: Why won't Microsoft fix the erratic mouse behavior problems they introduced with their Windows 10 updates. Hundreds of thousands of users (perhaps millions) have complained and they are all using different mice on different types of computers. Microsoft keeps sending...
  10. Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior: Why won't Microsoft fix the erratic mouse behavior problems they introduced with their Windows 10 updates. Hundreds of thousands of users (perhaps millions) have complained and they are all using different mice on different types of computers. Microsoft keeps sending...