Windows 10: Windows 10 v20H2 Auto Brightness

Discus and support Windows 10 v20H2 Auto Brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to find how to disable the auto-brightness settings on my PC. I use Nvidia settings to control my brightness settings but Windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ganadalf, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Ganadalf Win User

Windows 10 v20H2 Auto Brightness

I'm trying to find how to disable the auto-brightness settings on my PC. I use Nvidia settings to control my brightness settings but Windows is overriding the settings to change my brightness depending on what is on my screen. I've gone into the power settings to disable adaptive brightness but the setting isn't there. Any help on this would be appreciated.

:)

Ganadalf, Nov 22, 2020

2. Auto brightness

Hi Ajit,

To better assist you with the auto brightness issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Nov 22, 2020
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 v20H2 Auto Brightness

Brightness windows 10 wont adj+Driver problems after update

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the suggestions below and see if it helps:

Method 1: Disable Adaptive Brightness.

Please click on the link below and refer the article to disable adaptive brightness.

How To Disable Auto Brightness In Windows 8.1

(also applicable on Windows 10)

Method 2: Built in Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Printer. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 v20H2 Auto Brightness

1. Windows 10 v20H2 Auto Brightness - Similar Threads - v20H2 Auto Brightness

2. Auto Brightness Feature in Windows 10, Adaptive Brightness Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Brightness Feature in Windows 10, Adaptive Brightness Missing: I just bought a new laptop. When I tried to set it up for the first time, everything was fine. However, when I use it in daily activities, the screen brightness oftenly dims or brighter at some moment. And this is very annoying to me, I've also checked my dad's laptop with...
  3. Update to Windows 10 V20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to Windows 10 V20H2: Hello, I have a 2016 ASUS ROG GL502VT running at Windows version 10 1909 Home. I've been wondering does anyone know when will my laptop be upgraded to the latest Windows 10 V20H2? All the updates I had was for version 1909. Thanks for the answer...
  4. Auto brightness in videos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto brightness in videos?: Hi everyone! Whenever I watch videos, it seems too bright. It seems to happen all the time unless I press windows key or anything on the task bar, like the audio icon, wifi, etc. Nothing else seems over-brightened except videos. Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried...
  5. Windows 10 Auto Brightness on Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Auto Brightness on Desktop: Not sure if its the right place. I recently just built a new PC after my 6 years old gaming Desktop died on me. i9 10900k 32GB Ram GTX 1660 Super 6gb Windows 10 64 bit 2004 Problem with it is the Auto Dimming on my screen (which i dont have such issue back than with my...
  6. Adjust to Auto Brightness

Adjust to Auto Brightness: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using your Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 on My Laptop. I wan to keep keep Auto Brightness or Adaptive Brightness for My Laptop. How do i do that. Means My Laptop should Automatically adjust to the...
  7. Auto-Brightness Issue

Auto-Brightness Issue: My laptop has auto-brightness feature but no way to disable it. I've checked the settings at least 3 times now, and there's nothing under "Brightness and Color" in the Display tab and nothing in the advanced settings on the control panel. Anyone else have this problem/have a...
  8. Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness

Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness: Whenever I watch a video in full screen, windows just keep auto adjusting the brightness setting. If I switch back to normal the screen gets dim all way down, I go back to full screen it gets brighter all way up, I switch to another window and gets dimmer aall way down again....
  9. screen brightness auto set

screen brightness auto set: How do I get the screen brightness to automatically be the same as when the laptop is plugged in to power and when it is running on battery?...
  10. Auto Brightness

Auto Brightness: I’m using windows 10. My screen brightness changes automatically when I switch from dark and light backgrounds. I’ve tried all things of my reach like disabling power saver in intel graphics settings and also in the power plan. I remember turning this feature on , may be...