Windows 10: Windows 10 - Various Trusted Root Certifications Expired

Discus and support Windows 10 - Various Trusted Root Certifications Expired in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently less than a month ago, I had purchased a new Windows 10 Home edition workstation from IBUYPOWER. After getting this system dialed in I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Revup67, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Revup67 Win User

Windows 10 - Various Trusted Root Certifications Expired

Recently less than a month ago, I had purchased a new Windows 10 Home edition workstation from IBUYPOWER. After getting this system dialed in I have found multiple Trusted Root Certifications that were expired.

I then verified our Windows 10 Tablet from 2016 Surface Pro 4 and found the same exact certificates Expired.

In both systems my findings were:

Trusted Root Certifications/ Certificates folder

1. Copyright c 1997 Microsoft Corp. for Time Stamping last I read this was only necessary up to Windows XP / Windows 2003 Server. Expired 12/30/1999
    2. Microsoft Authenticodetm Root Authority - expired 12/31/1999
    3. NO LIABILITY ACCEPTED, c97 VeriSign, Inc. expired 1/7/2004
    4. GTE CyberTrust Global Root - expired 8/13/2018
    5. Equifax Secure Certificate Authority - expired 8/22/2018

I'd like to remove ALL of these or update these certificates or other recommendation. I am aware there may be consequences for doing so thus I shall wait for validation.

Any Microsoft MVP's that have info on the above and best way to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rev

:)

Revup67, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

Expired Microsoft Timestamp Root Certificate

Suggest you try the Technet Forum if you need assistance with a server issue.

Technet forums - Windows Server

Regards...

Le Boule, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

Source: Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program to reinforce trust in the Internet | Microsoft Malware Protection Center

Brink, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Various Trusted Root Certifications Expired

Expired Microsoft Timestamp Root Certificate

• Hi,

Out organization has Server 2012R2 Domain Controllers. We have been been getting dinged by Retina scans for some expired Certificates, among them Microsoft Timestamp Root, and Microsoft Authenticode(tm) Root. Some of them expired in 1999. Can these certificates
      be renewed or deleted without breaking something?

Thanks.

stratmajik, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Various Trusted Root Certifications Expired

1. Windows 10 - Various Trusted Root Certifications Expired - Similar Threads - Various Trusted Root

2. Windows executable Explorer.exe identified in Virus Total - root certificate not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows executable Explorer.exe identified in Virus Total - root certificate not trusted by...: Hi to the Microsoft Community,.I am using Windows 11 Insider program and got an alert via Virus Total VT about Explorer.exe.One vendor identified the following issue :"A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust...
  3. Windows executable Explorer.exe identified in Virus Total - root certificate not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows executable Explorer.exe identified in Virus Total - root certificate not trusted by...: Hi to the Microsoft Community,.I am using Windows 11 Insider program and got an alert via Virus Total VT about Explorer.exe.One vendor identified the following issue :"A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust...
  4. Issue with Windows 12 Sandbox and Trusted Root Certificate Authority.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows 12 Sandbox and Trusted Root Certificate Authority.: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,I am having issues with a system that is running behind a firewall, this system has a certificate authority installed as a trusted certificate into the trust store of the Windows 11 system. Everything works however when I go to run...
  5. Issue with Windows 12 Sandbox and Trusted Root Certificate Authority.

Issue with Windows 12 Sandbox and Trusted Root Certificate Authority.: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,I am having issues with a system that is running behind a firewall, this system has a certificate authority installed as a trusted certificate into the trust store of the Windows 11 system. Everything works however when I go to run...
  6. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  7. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  8. Expired certificate

Expired certificate: This keeps poping up."msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to extensionwebstorebase.edgesv.net."This is vey annoying, when are you going to renew the certificate ?...
  9. Expired certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expired certificate: This keeps poping up."msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to extensionwebstorebase.edgesv.net."This is vey annoying, when are you going to renew the certificate ?...
  10. Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program: At Microsoft, we are continuously working to deliver on our commitment to the security of our customers and their ecosystems. A core component of our strategy to inform Windows users about the safety of the websites, apps and software they’re accessing online is built into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. GTE CyberTrust Global Root expired