Windows 10: Windows 10 ver 1809 - Main user/administrator account is deleted wrongly

Discus and support Windows 10 ver 1809 - Main user/administrator account is deleted wrongly in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Dear sir, Greetings! I used to maintain my grandson's (below 5 yrs) laptop with Windows 10. Only one user id was created with administrator... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kalyanisharp, May 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 ver 1809 - Main user/administrator account is deleted wrongly

Dear sir,

Greetings!

I used to maintain my grandson's (below 5 yrs) laptop with Windows 10. Only one user id was created with administrator privilege. He had an account with Microsoft Outlook. As neither of us used the laptop for sometime, I forgot his password and his email id too. Out of frustration, I messed up the system by removing the user id using a downloaded tool. Further, I logged in using default Adminstrator with blank password. My big blunder is I deleted the user/administrator (with outlook id) in spite of warnings from Windows, thinking that only the user account will be removed. Alas, all the apps and folders also disappeared along with the user. I am unable to create a new user and access deleted folders.

Is it possible to restore the user and files/apps as it was before my ignorant actions? Kindly guide me what I should do.

Thank you,

SRM

:)

kalyanisharp, May 31, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, May 31, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 ver 1809 - Main user/administrator account is deleted wrongly :(

Zakin, May 31, 2019
  4. iamollie Win User

Windows 10 ver 1809 - Main user/administrator account is deleted wrongly

Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 ver 1809 - Main user/administrator account is deleted wrongly

1. Windows 10 ver 1809 - Main user/administrator account is deleted wrongly - Similar Threads - ver 1809 Main

2. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  3. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  4. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Delete Main Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Main Account: hello,i got a new device, and set it up with a temporary account while i recovered my old one. now, i finally have my other account set up as admin. i no longer want the other account, but the system wont let me delete it or remove it. i want it gone as soon as possible,...
  6. Windows 10 ver 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ver 1809: My current version of widows 10 ver. 1809 has an end of service for Nov. 10, 2020. I have all the updates installed. What do I have to do to continue service? Is there a newer version I have to install or purchase? if so where do I find it. I've looked everywhere on the site...
  7. administrator user account deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator user account deleted: accidentally windows administrator user account deleted now I am not able to install or uninstall any apps because administrator permission option is not showing for installing or uninstalling...
  8. Win 10, Ver 1809: Unable to Run as Administrator.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10, Ver 1809: Unable to Run as Administrator.: My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.615. I currently have another active post. One reply suggested a cmd with Run as Administrator. So far, even after trying many tips from Google, I have not had any success. Any suggestions for me to try? 137964
  9. windows 10 ver 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 ver 1809: I finally got my update to work,(from 1803 to 1809) now I can't share my printer. I have shared it in the printer properties, I turned on network discovery, I have shared my printer. Now on the computer I want to share to, I turned on network discovery, and shared printer. I...
  10. Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?: I have a single administrator account. I've created local users with it. The local accounts function perfectly. However, the administrator account has become progressively less stable. I'd like to delete it and replace it with a fresh account. How can I do this without...