Windows 10: Windows 10 ver 1903, 1909 - QUICK ACCESS Info does not appear on Lock Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 ver 1903, 1909 - QUICK ACCESS Info does not appear on Lock Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This problem has been posted before (see here). Like the previous posts, Microsoft's solution to everything seems to be "reset your System". This... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rupertsland, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 ver 1903, 1909 - QUICK ACCESS Info does not appear on Lock Screen

This problem has been posted before (see here). Like the previous posts, Microsoft's solution to everything seems to be "reset your System".

This is a common problem on MANY computers running Windows 10 with all versions through 1909, and one that appears not to have been resolved for most users. Specifically, it is the quick status Apps feature that doesn't work. I've concluded that this is either a bug with Windows 10, or a feature that does not work at all, or it is a feature that only works in certain environments (perhaps enterprise environments only). I suggest Microsoft either remove this feature altogether, or make quick status Apps work for all users.

- It does not work on both my Father's Toshiba PC laptop at home (Windows 10 pro x64 bit)
    - It does not work on my PC laptop (Windows 10 pro x64 bit)

- It does not work on my custom server machine at work, which has Windows 10 pro x64 bit.

- It does not work on other colleague's PC's at work, which also have Windows 10 pro x64 bit installed.

Two re-iterate the other user who posted the same problem way back in 2016, the Windows 10 lock screen allows for ONE detailed status App, and SIX quick status Apps (to show info on the Lock Screen). Only the ONE detailed status ever works on any machine. The quick status Apps will simply not show on my lock screen.

Also:

- Windows updates NEVER resolve the issue on any machine.

- Resetting the computer (Reset this PC), system restore, and repairing the Start screen NEVER resolves the issue on any machine.

If you got this feature working, please let me know whether you got this working on a home PC, or work PC - and which environment, like a normal network or an enterprise environment, or otherwise - or what fix did you do to get quick status Apps to work.

:)

rupertsland, Dec 4, 2019
  2. stgreg Win User

WIN 10 - QUICK ACCESS Info does not appear on Lock Screen

I've posted on this problem before. MS's solution to everything seems to be "reset your System".

The Windows 10 Lock Screen allows for ONE detailed status App, and SIX quick status Apps (to show info on the Lock Screen). I am able to get ONE detailed status to work. The quick status Apps.. will not show on my Lock Screen. Also: "MAIL" will not show
    as Detailed or Quick on the Lock Screen. Has anyone else dealt with this problem? Any suggestions, other than to wait for WIN 10 to update a fix?

Thanks.

stgreg, Dec 4, 2019
  3. stgreg Win User
    WIN 10 - QUICK ACCESS Info does not appear on Lock Screen

Your last suggestion (below): I can't find that path "personalization".

Again, I can get DETAILED STATUS from ONE app, it only allows for one App. But no quick status from other Apps on my Lock Screen. The best I've seen was an Alarms/Clocks icon, very tiny, above the date...
    but no info displayed. As for MAIL.. I can't even get the Icon to show (detailed status or quick status) on the Lock screen.

Open regedit
    using run command (Windows +R)

Search for the registry below"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization

NoLockScreen DWORD

0 or delete = enable

1 = disable

stgreg, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 ver 1903, 1909 - QUICK ACCESS Info does not appear on Lock Screen

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 ver 1903, 1909 - QUICK ACCESS Info does not appear on Lock Screen

1. Windows 10 ver 1903, 1909 - QUICK ACCESS Info does not appear on Lock Screen - Similar Threads - ver 1903 1909

2. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  3. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  4. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgraded from Win 10 vers. 1903 to Win 10 vers. 1909 and got problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded from Win 10 vers. 1903 to Win 10 vers. 1909 and got problems: When a user of the PC logs into my application for the first time, they are able to open it. When they log out of the application and log back into it, it produces an error stating that the application will close and when accepted, the application closes. Rebooting the PC...
  6. Window 10 Ver 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Ver 1909: I have three PC`s, one running Win 10, 1803 and the others 1903 I do not have the option in Settings/Update to upgrade to 1909 but instead to 2004 I would rather wait until any bugs are ironed out before that leap I cant locate any URL where I can download the Upgrade...
  7. Windows 10 ver. 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 ver. 1903: Is there a way I can update to version 1903 and not the newest version 1909? Some of my programs are not yet compatible with the latest version. Thanks! submitted by /u/zorkry [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1omq3/windows_10_ver_1903/
  8. Win10 Ver 1903, 1909 Problems with Acrobat?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Ver 1903, 1909 Problems with Acrobat?: My computer auto-updated into W10 Ver 1903 and suddenly everything involving printing to anything other than my physical printer stopped working. I first noticed this in Quickbooks which relies on the MS XPS printing (apparently) to generate pdf output A solid 6 hours with...
  9. Windows 10 Ver.1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Ver.1903: I tried many times to windows update for Ver.1903 since June-2019 but still not success till now. In August, I used the "Windows10UpgraderApp.exe" for trying update of Ver.1903. The error code is 0xc0000006. Please advise the solution to fix it. Thanks!...
  10. ver 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    ver 1903: just installed new asus monitor, device manager only showing generic pnp, i have done this before but have no idea why it is not recognized 135083

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to lock screen on windows 1909

2. win 1909 show users on lock