Windows 10: Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Discus and support Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, Since updating to Win 10 version 1903 in the past several weeks, two machines with Hyper-V enabled are BSOD with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SDG01, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SDG01 Win User

Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Greetings,

Since updating to Win 10 version 1903 in the past several weeks, two machines with Hyper-V enabled are BSOD with a Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout error, noting hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe in the dmp files on both systems.

One machine was updated to 1903 that has a constant VM running on it, that subsequently crashed at least once per day. After fully updating all known drivers in the host system, and the system's BIOS, Hyper-V was uninstalled, and reinstalled where the machine seemed to be OK for 4 days, but has since crashed again, at least once per day for the last 3 days.

The other machine, recently updated to version 1903 with Hyper-V installed, also shows the same symptoms (BSOD) if a VM is live and running. The system does not crash if a VM is not running.

Are there any known issues or resolutions to this problem?

Dropbox to the dmp file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqaa7ovgeb3g7g4/091619-34250-01.dmp?dl=0

:)

SDG01, Sep 16, 2019
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Sep 16, 2019
  3. ScottS21 Win User
    Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update

Since updating OS to version 1903, my Hyper-V machines freeze at start for about 20 seconds, then re-open login page, then it boots fine and all is good.

I've updated graphics drivers, gone through several Windows-based scans, i.e. sfc /scannow, etc.

I've also tried...

Stopped/restarted Container service

Disabling/re-enabling Hyper-V

Any suggestions?

My build:

i7-8700

32GB RAM

Win 10 Pro 1903

ScottS21, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

1. Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout - Similar Threads - ver 1903 Hyper

2. BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout: Hi Everyone, I have received this BSOD recently ( twice ) and it seems to occur a few minutes after I use Windows Update to install KB4535680, which fails ( this could be a coincidence ). I am still on version 1909 18363.1316 as this system is critical for on-going 3D...
  3. Hyper V causes BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hyper V causes BSOD on Windows 10: I was trying to install Docker Desktop and it prompted me to enable Hyper V on my machine. After enabling Hyper V, Windows went into BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error. I have searched high and low for solution but none worked. My Hardware: - CPU: intel...
  4. Unable to start VMs in Hyper V in Windows 10 1903.

Unable to start VMs in Hyper V in Windows 10 1903.: VM are erroring with message Failed to start. I tried disabling and enabling the Hyper V several times with no success. I see the below log messages in event viewer for Hyper V VMMS [FrCtUtilities::UpdateFRCTFilesTime@2226] Caught exception: The system cannot find the...
  5. Windows 10 Freeze, then BSOD with Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Windows 10 Freeze, then BSOD with Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout: Recently in the last month my laptop has been freezing then BSOD with Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout error at least once a day. Last minidump file is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aizt64dxp7npnIVkXXfhi_iU375QGg?e=eFkvtH Any help will be appreciated....
  6. Windows 10 Ver.1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Ver.1903: I tried many times to windows update for Ver.1903 since June-2019 but still not success till now. In August, I used the "Windows10UpgraderApp.exe" for trying update of Ver.1903. The error code is 0xc0000006. Please advise the solution to fix it. Thanks!...
  7. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  8. Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen: Windows 10 Pro 1709, x64. Lenovo desktop, 12 GB memory. I´ve trying to do a virtual boot of a backup image created with Macrium Reflect, using Macrium viBoot. When the vm is started, there appears a BSOD in Hyper-V (Page fault in nonpaged area), or a “Preparing...
  9. Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10): Hyper-V was enabled while installing the Visual Studio Android emulator, which I no longer need. As it turns out, Hyper-V doesn't work well with Virtualbox (see #15268 (Virtualbox causes SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on Win10) – Oracle VM VirtualBox) and must be removed....
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synthetic watchdog timeout

2. synthetic_watchdog_timeout

3. synthetic watchdog timeout windows 10

4. synthetic watchdog timeout what is,
  5. syntetich watchdog timeout,
  6. windows 10 synthetic watchdog timeout,
  7. windows 10 synthetic_watchdog_timeout,
  8. windows 10 freeze synthetic watchdog timeout,
  9. hyper v 1903,
  10. green screen windows synthetic_watchdog_timeout,
  11. android emulator watchdog timer,