Windows 10: Windows 10 ver 2004 Outlook with mail Profile Start Menu problem

Discus and support Windows 10 ver 2004 Outlook with mail Profile Start Menu problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two desktop shortcuts that open my Outlook 2016 each with a different mail profiles/account. The shortcuts use the following shortcut path... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tavi_Dog_Walker, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 ver 2004 Outlook with mail Profile Start Menu problem

I have two desktop shortcuts that open my Outlook 2016 each with a different mail profiles/account. The shortcuts use the following shortcut path detail with my account profile names instead of xxMyProfileNamexx

"C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE" /profile "xxMyProfileNamexx".

I would like these shortcuts to show on my Start menu as well but am struggling to get them to show despite copying them to the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs directory. They appear in the directory but refuse to show up on the Start menu when Start is clicked. I have added other programs to Start in this way successfully but Outlook with profile just doesn't seem to work. Maybe there is something special about shortcuts in the start menu directory or I am missing something obvious.

Can anyone advise how to solve this, in theory, easy task.

Thanks

:)

Tavi_Dog_Walker, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 3, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Oct 3, 2020
  4. scevism Win User

Windows 10 ver 2004 Outlook with mail Profile Start Menu problem

scevism, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 ver 2004 Outlook with mail Profile Start Menu problem

1. Windows 10 ver 2004 Outlook with mail Profile Start Menu problem - Similar Threads - ver 2004 Outlook

2. Windows 10 ver 20H2 Outlook Inbox Mail Deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ver 20H2 Outlook Inbox Mail Deleted: Hello--My laptop just received the Windows 10 ver 20H2 update. All mail in my Outlook 2013 inbox prior to the date of the download has been deleted. It's not in the Trash or Deleted folder, it's just gone. Can I repopulate my Outlook inbox from my Spectrum mail server??...
  3. My PC running Windows 10 Home – Ver: 2004. With Start-up problem.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My PC running Windows 10 Home – Ver: 2004. With Start-up problem.: Sirs, Every time I need to use my PC I have the same recurring problem. After switching on, it is 5 minutes before Windows Spotlight shows; nothing thereafter, for ever. Mouse movement activates the cursor across the screen but left click freezes the cursor. My external hard...
  4. Start menu transparency -> Windows 10 ver. 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu transparency -> Windows 10 ver. 2004: Start menu transparency -> Windows 10 ver. 2004 I was wondering is there a way to make the background 100%. I have followed these steps but it doesn't work. How to Increase the Transparency of Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar I guess it'll work in previous versions. I...
  5. Start menu transparency -> Windows 10 ver. 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu transparency -> Windows 10 ver. 2004: Start menu transparency -> Windows 10 ver. 2004 I was wondering is there a way to make the background 100%. I have followed these steps but it doesn't work. https://www.groovypost.com/howto/increase-the-transparency-of-windows-10-start-menu-and-taskbar/ I guess it'll work...
  6. start menu problem on windows 10 update 2004

start menu problem on windows 10 update 2004: Hi Microsoft Team, after couple months updated my windows 10 to version 2004 suddenly this morning i have got error while clicking start menu button. the error is "Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in". i have tried to resign-in but...
  7. windows 10 ver 2004 User Profile failed

windows 10 ver 2004 User Profile failed: Hi, I downloaded and installed the version last . It takes a long time. But this morning when I tried to login, it kept saying User profile failed. I tried my pin and also the passwd. It won't start. It kept saying the same "User profile failed". I tried restart etc few...
  8. Is there a problem with downloading Win 10 2004 Ver

Is there a problem with downloading Win 10 2004 Ver: In updates it showing Windows 10 ver 2004 100% downloading then nothing same message downloading 100% even after a restart ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-problem-with-downloading-win-10-2004/607eb130-632d-44a8-b904-9e1711276669
  9. Start and Search menu problem in Windows 10 2004

Start and Search menu problem in Windows 10 2004: Dear all, I just successfully upgraded Windows 10 to the 2004 version. But there is a problem when opening the start menu, what appears is a search menu that covers the appearance of the start menu. When I turn off searchapp via task manager, the star menu display...
  10. Problem after WINDOWS Ver 2004 UPDATE.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem after WINDOWS Ver 2004 UPDATE.: I UPDATED MY PC TO THE 2004 UPDATE FOR SLOW INSIDERS AND AFTER A WEEK MY PC TAKES UNUSUALLY LONG TIME TO BOOT. AFTER THAT INSTEAD OF SHOW THE LOGIN WINDOW IT SAYS THAT MY INSIDER BUILD HAS RUN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART. I TRIED CHKDSK AND OTHER THINGS TOO. THE...