Windows 10: Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup

Discus and support Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My backup quits backing up after 5-6 days. I have my Backup set to backup Daily. I checked my backup date, time and file size. Last backed up on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by counter man, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup

My backup quits backing up after 5-6 days. I have my Backup set to backup Daily. I checked my backup date, time and file size. Last backed up on the 21st. I ran the backup and it still says the 21st. with the same file size. I DO NOT receive any error messages. IF there is any error message, then would i see it or is it located elsewhere? Can anyone help this "Old Timer".

:)

counter man, Nov 23, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Backup Windows 10 Installation

1. Download https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree. Install, run, select: Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows.
    2. Click on first icon to create rescue media on CD/USB so can boot from to restore when needed.
    Here's step by step video. Video was created with ver. 6.x but would be the same for 7.x:

topgundcp, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup

1. Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup - Similar Threads - ver 21H1 Backup

2. Windows 10 21H1 Backup not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H1 Backup not working: I;m using Windows 10-21H1. I tried to perform a backup from the Control Panel > Backup and Restore Windows 7 app and using external storage - 1Gb only to store backup data/system Image etc. But when I hit ""backup Now" , I see the following "CHECK YOUR BACKUP" The last backup...
  3. Windows 10 21H1 Backup not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 21H1 Backup not working: I;m using Windows 10-21H1. I tried to perform a backup from the Control Panel > Backup and Restore Windows 7 app and using external storage - 1Gb only to store backup data/system Image etc. But when I hit ""backup Now" , I see the following "CHECK YOUR BACKUP" The last backup...
  4. Windows 10 21H1 Backup not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup: My backup quits backing up after 5-6 days. I have my Backup set to backup Daily. I checked my backup date, time and file size. Last backed up on the 21st. I ran the backup and it still says the 21st. with the same file size. I DO NOT receive any error messages. IF there is...
  6. Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup

Windows 10 ver. 21H1 Backup: My backup quits backing up after 5-6 days. I have my Backup set to backup Daily. I checked my backup date, time and file size. Last backed up on the 21st. I ran the backup and it still says the 21st. with the same file size. I DO NOT receive any error messages. IF there is...
  7. Windows 10 Ver 1607 refusing to update to May 2021 Ver 21H1

Windows 10 Ver 1607 refusing to update to May 2021 Ver 21H1: I factory reset my laptop after it was giving me a few issues. I was able to back everything up and assumed it would be easy to not only update my windows to the newest version but to transfer everything. Applications and files are safe and sound, but my computer is refusing...
  8. Windows 10 ver.2004/ver.21H1 kernel crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 ver.2004/ver.21H1 kernel crashes: Overview:My PC infrequently once a week or more restarts unexpectedly, without notice.This issue lasts over 6 month among ver.2004 and ver.21H1.Description:This unexpected restart does not recognized by Windows kernel and no error information is recorded, of course no...
  9. Ver. 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ver. 21H1: Optional Features do not load with Win. Ver. 21H1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ver-21h1/93e36715-430b-4cf2-88c6-d2dea6b6a45c
  10. backup application in windows 10 ver 1511

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup application in windows 10 ver 1511: Dear sir The backup application could not start due to an internal error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (0x80070422). I've tried starting up the windows Backup service in "Manual"...