Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1803 won't complete install

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1803 won't complete install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for a while now. Windows 10, version 1803 update downloads but will never complete a restart. Update History says:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LynnHC, Jan 9, 2019.

1. LynnHC Win User

Windows 10 version 1803 won't complete install

I've been having this problem for a while now. Windows 10, version 1803 update downloads but will never complete a restart.

Update History says:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803

Requires a restart to finish installing

I've tried restarting the computer a number of times but it does not complete the install.

Every few weeks it will seems to download the update again and try to install it, goes to restart and freezes at 48% (stays that say for 10 plus hours) then I give up and do a hard reboot - it restores to previous version of windows on the next boot up.

I assume my computer has security risks if it is at version 1703 still?

How do I get the 1803 install to work?

:)

LynnHC, Jan 9, 2019
  2. kastriot Win User

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

kastriot, Jan 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    2. Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1803 won't complete install - Similar Threads - version 1803 won't

2. Windows will not complete update from version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not complete update from version 1803: Hello, I am need of some help with getting my windows installation to update. It updates until 60% or 90% both have happened, in which it gets stuck, eventually restarts, and undoes the changes to my PC. When I check the error codes from updating, the most common one is...
  3. Windows 10 won't ever update out of Version 1803

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't ever update out of Version 1803: I don't know how many times I have attempted it, but it always ends up the same. Windows Update in "Update & Security" offers to restart and install a feature update to Windows 10. It lists version 1903. I'm currently on 1803, and any time I attempt this restart, it fails and...
  4. Windows 10 version 1803 update won't install

Windows 10 version 1803 update won't install: For several months my computer has been attempting to update to Windows 10 version 1803 but all attempts have failed to install and just shuts down partway through the update. All other updates install OK. No error messages returned. Can anyone help please?...
  5. Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 version 1803: Why did Microsoft decide to remove the homegroup from Windows 10 version 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-version-1803/af9221f1-70b7-4f4c-94ee-1eb791f1c2a2
  6. Windows 10 Update for version 1803 was unable to be completed

Windows 10 Update for version 1803 was unable to be completed: Why have there been so many Avira AntiVir issues dating back to 2017, NOT being addressed by Microsoft? Users receive messages that some apps need to be uninstalled. The app was NOT installed by the users and is not listed under programs available to uninstall. The message...
  7. Windows 10 version 1803 failing to install

Windows 10 version 1803 failing to install: I have tried using Create windows 10 installation media and it fails late on in the installation just saying failed to instal Tried using Windows 10 assistant and it fails with error code 0x8007007e, which I see is likely to be due to lack of disc space, but I have 400gb...
  8. Couldn't install Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Couldn't install Windows 10 version 1803: While attempting to install Windows 10 version 1803, I got a message saying "these devices aren't compatible in WIndows 10. Contact the manufacturer for more info." Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (Microsoft) listed twice. What are these? How do I discover the...
  9. Installation failure of window 10 1803 version

Installation failure of window 10 1803 version: Dear sir Repeatedly my computer is downloading files for this update and after installing ,at end it fails .message comes trying to recover instakllation and then goes to returning to earlier version. This is big nuisance. 4 times this has happened wasting lot of time and...
  10. Version 1803 will not complete installation on fairly new computer

Version 1803 will not complete installation on fairly new computer: I'm stuck trying to update from 1709 to 1803. I've updated two other Windows machines without a hitch; but this seems to get so far, flashes the blue-screen-of-disrepair, and reloads to restart the install process --- and this is in what I believe is a final stage of the...