Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1809 designated for broad deployment

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1809 designated for broad deployment in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Based on the data and the feedback we’ve received from consumers, OEMs, ISVs, partners, and commercial customers, Windows 10, version 1809 has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 version 1809 designated for broad deployment

Source: Windows 10, version 1809 designated for broad deployment - Microsoft Tech Community - 389540

See also: Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

:)

Brink, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Customised Windows 10 deployment on multiple desktops and laptops.

OK, after giving this a thought and thinking how I would do it, here's my suggestion. Please notice that, as I said, this is how I would do it. Other geeks might disagree with parts or all of it.

I tested this scenario using one Hyper-V VM as technician machine (the one to build image) and three virtual machines to test simultaneous deployment in two scenarios:
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine and using DISM to apply / deploy image from a network share
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine, making ISO from it, deploying by clean installing from ISO burned to Flash drive
    Based on the fact that ISO method is clearly faster and simpler, it is what I suggest to you. I estimate you would need an hour and half to two hours to customize install image, capture it and make an ISO, then assuming you would make 5 Flash drives for install / deployment you would need about half an hour per five machines, in other words you would deploy to those 25 new machines in less than three hours, almost a full working day to deploy those 50 existing ones.

Two working days, day 1 to make the image and deploy to new machines, day 2 to deploy to old ones.

Chronological workflow based on my suggestion:

Phase 1, Image customization tutorial, parts One through Six:
    • Install Windows 10 on a technician machine (I recommend Hyper-V VM but any capable PC is OK)
    • Boot to Audit Mode
    • Update Windows, install software, customize & personalize Windows
    • Sysprep
    Phase 2:
    • Capture the install.wim from technician machine as told in this tutorial, Part Four steps 4.1 through 4.5 (physical PC as technician machine) or Part Four steps 4.6 through 4.13 (Hyper-V VM as technician machine)
    • Create ISO as told in same tutorial, Part Five
    • Burn / write ISO to as many Flash drives as you want to / need to for simultaneous installs
    • Boot production machines from Flash drive, install Windows 10
    The above is how I would do this. If you choose the DISM method instead, applying install.wim from a network share, see this Microsoft support article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../hh824910.aspx

For more advanced deployment using MDT see this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn475741.aspx

4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1809 designated for broad deployment - Similar Threads - version 1809 designated

2. Windows 10 version 22H2 is ready for broad deployment

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 22H2 is ready for broad deployment: Windows 10 version 22H2, which Microsoft released just last month, has already been designated for broad deployment by the company. The latest feature update for Windows 10 was released on October 18, 2022 to the public. [ATTACH] The fact that Microsoft did not reveal the...
  3. Microsoft says Windows 10 version 21H2 is officially "ready for broad deployment"

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says Windows 10 version 21H2 is officially "ready for broad deployment": Later this year, Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 22H2. Right now, Windows 10 version 21H2 is the latest available version, and this version has reached broad deployment status. [ATTACH] Microsoft confirms this on the official Windows 10 Release Health website:...
  4. Windows 10 versions 1909 and 2004 are "ready for broad deployment"

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 versions 1909 and 2004 are "ready for broad deployment": Microsoft changed the status of the Windows 10 operating system versions 1909 and 2004 to broad deployment on February 3, 2021. The new status changes how the operating system versions are offered on customer devices. Up until now, users had to install the updates manually,...
  5. Ahead of Windows 10 21H1, Microsoft confirms v2004 broad deployment

in Windows 10 News
    Ahead of Windows 10 21H1, Microsoft confirms v2004 broad deployment: Windows 10 21H1 update is expected to launch in May/June and Microsoft has now confirmed that version 2004 of the OS is finally ready for ‘broad deployment’. Basically, this means that Windows 10 version 2004 doesn’t have any major bugs for most configurations and it’s ready...
  6. Microsoft: Windows 10 version 1903 is ready for broad deployment

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Windows 10 version 1903 is ready for broad deployment: Windows 10 version 1903, the soon-to-be-replaced latest feature update version of Windows 10, has been declared "ready for broad deployment" by Microsoft. The news comes in form of a new paragraph added to the release information page of Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows...
  7. Windows 10 version 1809 is ready for broad deployment

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809 is ready for broad deployment: Microsoft revealed yesterday that the company's current version of Windows 10, version 1809, is designated for broad deployment. In other words, Windows 10 version 1809's servicing option is now Semi-Annual Channel. Microsoft will stop using the term from Windows 10 version...
  8. Packaging 1809 for deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Packaging 1809 for deployment: So we have been struggling to get 1809 pushed out to all machines and I fear same issue will happen with 1903. Windows updates does not auto install this on domain joined computers and our automated systems dont play well with the feature updates. Im wondering what other...
  9. Windows 10 version 1809

Windows 10 version 1809: Hello everyone. Do you know if Microsoft will provide a fix for those who have manually installed Windows 10 version 1809? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1809/50a38732-381c-4ebb-9e7f-9c45f6bc72f2
  10. Windows 10 version 1809

Windows 10 version 1809: Hello everyone. Do you know if Microsoft will provide a fix for those who have manually installed Windows 10 version 1809? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1809/2a22641f-8d3b-4045-a0ba-1ad531861e9b