Windows 10: Windows 10, Version 1809 - January 2019 upgrade has important bugs

Discus and support Windows 10, Version 1809 - January 2019 upgrade has important bugs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, We are using Windows 10 for a long time now and we never had serious bugs or issues with the OS but since the latest upgrade in January Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by K246., Jan 14, 2019.

1. K246. Win User

Windows 10, Version 1809 - January 2019 upgrade has important bugs

Hello, We are using Windows 10 for a long time now and we never had serious bugs or issues with the OS but since the latest upgrade in January Build number: Windows 10, Version 1809. Multiple of our computers get bluescreens and hang randomly on low tasks all our systems run on SSDs and latest hardware. The latest Win10 upgrade broke our systems and we hope that this can be please fixed in the next update release. All systems still boot up correctly but they quickly hang and take a few seconds to response it's definitely not a hardware issue since this occurs on multiple of our systems.

If you need more information please let us know. We could quickly recover our system to a state before we did the upgrade but we better consider to let you at Microsoft know about the issue to fix it in a later release.

We hope that this will be fixed.

Sincerely

Karim

:)

K246., Jan 14, 2019

2. Microsoft January 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes
    January 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: January 08, 2019

The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Adobe Flash Player
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ChakraCore
    • .NET Framework
    • ASP.NET
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Visual Studio
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in

ADV990001
      . This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the

Microsoft Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10, Version 1809 - January 2019 upgrade has important bugs

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

I agree with this. No one is stopping me from using my purchased 2007 Office. Works just great for my needs 11 years later.

I can understand why MS would want to shed many versions of window support for office that doesn't play well with Win 10 coding. I'm all for moving forward to create a better user experience. Might finally upgrade and keep Office 2019 for 10 years until 2029 to make it worth it again. *Big Grin Windows 10, Version 1809  - January 2019 upgrade has important bugs :D

Power Slave, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, Version 1809 - January 2019 upgrade has important bugs

1. Windows 10, Version 1809 - January 2019 upgrade has important bugs - Similar Threads - Version 1809 January

2. Is there a way to upgrade Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (which is version 1809) to a different version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to upgrade Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (which is version 1809) to a different version?: I get that LTSB and LTSC's whole thing is that "stability" side of things. But since 1809 is incredibly buggy and royally sucks, I want to know if there is a way to move LTSC to a different version. Trying to deploy LTSC 2019 (1809) on my campus but the stupid default...
  3. Upgrade to 1809 version

Upgrade to 1809 version: Hello,Recently downloaded the Win 10 1809 iso file. It is 10.0.17763 Build 379.Checked in MS update catalog for updates. As I understand from the build version I have, all updates prior to 11-Mar-2019 ((KB4489899 included) are included in this build and need not to be...
  4. Latest Windows 10 Version 1809 January 2019 update installation fails repeatedly

Latest Windows 10 Version 1809 January 2019 update installation fails repeatedly: Every time I shut down my Windows 10 system the latest update tries to install. Every time after about an hour of processing I get a popup window labeled "Windows Setup" that says.... " Windows could not configure one or more components. To install Windows, restart the...
  5. BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809: Has anyone else had their PC utterly killed by the latest updates? And Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to fix it. I'm a freelancer and every day without my computer is lost money and disappointed or angry clients. I can't afford to keep mucking around with "customer...
  6. BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809

BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809: Has anyone else had their PC utterly killed by the latest updates? And Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to fix it. I'm a freelancer and every day without my computer is lost money and disappointed or angry clients. I can't afford to keep mucking around with "customer...
  7. Windows 10 January 2019 has important bugs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 January 2019 has important bugs: Hello, We are using Windows 10 for a long time now and we never had serious bugs or issues with the OS but since the latest upgrade in January Build number: Windows 10, Version 1809. Multiple of our computers get bluescreens and hang randomly on low tasks all our systems run...
  8. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809, on October 2, 2018 to the public. The update is not pushed out automatically through Windows Update but requires that users and administrators install it manually for the time being....
  9. Upgrade to version 1809

Upgrade to version 1809: Hi, When upgrading to version 1809 personal files will be retained or deleted. For some users reported after upgrading to 1809 they had lost all their personal files and apps. Please let me know whether to upgrade to this version. Regards, Harrsha...
  10. Upgrade to version 1809

Upgrade to version 1809: Hi, When upgrading to version 1809 personal files will be retained or deleted. For some users reported after upgrading to 1809 they had lost all their personal files and apps. Please let me know whether to upgrade to this version. Regards, Harrsha...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1809 bugs March 2019

2. I upgraded my system to Windows 10 Version 1809 and now all my tabs in EXCEL have disappeared