Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1809 resets brightness after a reboot? A fix is coming

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1809 resets brightness after a reboot? A fix is coming in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft shipped Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on October 2 but it was pulled shortly after its release. It turns out that there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 18, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 1809 resets brightness after a reboot? A fix is coming

Microsoft shipped Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on October 2 but it was pulled shortly after its release. It turns out that there is another bug in the OS that resets brightness after a reboot on some systems but Microsoft has already figured out a fix.

After upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update, some users are reporting that the brightness level is reduced after reach reboot and changing the brightness setting manually makes absolutely no difference as the level is automatically reduced after the computer restarts.

According to a thread on Reddit, there are some users experiencing this problem. Another thread indicates a similar problem on Windows 10 October 2018 Update. There is also a thread on Microsoft answers forum documenting the problem.

It appears that the brightness control is completely broken on Microsoft Surface Go for some users. According to a Reddit post, the October update has disabled the ability to adjust brightness manually on Microsoft Surface Go.

“Following the October update, I can no-longer control the screen brightness on my Go either through software or through the hardware keys on the keyboard. The hardware keys indicate that the brightness on the screen is going up and down, but it is having no effect on the luminosity of the screen,” a Reddit user explains.

I've been generally happy with Windows 10 feature updates, but this one has been a disaster on the Surface Go. Brightness is broken, battery drains in standby (no indication of why in "powercfg /sleepstudy"). Time to Windows 10 version 1809 resets brightness after a reboot? A fix is coming 1f91e.png and attempt rollback, I think.

— Ivan Zlatev (@ivanzlatev) October 16, 2018

The fix is arriving soon

Microsoft yesterday released Windows 10 19H1 Build 18262 to Insiders with a fix for the brightness bug. It’s likely that Microsoft will now also fix the bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update soon before the public rollout.

“We fixed an issue resulting in the brightness sometimes resetting to 50% after a reboot,” Microsoft explains in the release notes of Build 18262.

The post Windows 10 version 1809 resets brightness after a reboot? A fix is coming appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 18, 2018

2. Brightness resets after reboot

Hi Marc,

In addition to the troubleshooting step that you have already done, we suggest that you try disabling the adaptive brightness from your PC. Follow the steps below and see if it resolves the issue:

• From the Search bar, type Power Options.
    • Click Power Options from the result. Under Preferred plans, click
      Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings and select Enable adaptive brightness to turn it
      ON or OFF.
    After saving the changes, restart your PC and check if issue still occurs.

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 18, 2018
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Cr00zng Win User

WMP for version 1809...

My Windows 10 N, version 1803 had used Windows Media Player via installing it from the "Windows_MediaFeaturePack_x64_1803.msu" file.

Updating to 1809 removed the WMP and no longer available in the apps list:

Windows 10 version 1809 resets brightness after a reboot? A fix is coming [​IMG]

There's an updated version listed at:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-n-editions

But clicking on the link and looking for the 1809 in the drop down list of versions does not show the media feature pack available for download for 1809; instead it shows version 1709 and 1803.

Does anyone have a direct link to WMP for Windows 10 N, version 1809?

TIA...

Cr00zng, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1809 resets brightness after a reboot? A fix is coming - Similar Threads - version 1809 resets

2. Windows 10 Reset but will not reboot after

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset but will not reboot after: Because of the update, my computer got stuck in the infinite loop of restarting and "PC did not start correctly" blah blah. So I decided to reset my PC because I have literally tried everything to fix the issue but could not do it. But now comes a new problem: my computer...
  3. Brightness Control in Version 1809 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Control in Version 1809 Desktop?: Hello: I gather there isnt a brightness slider in the action center in Version 1809--though its been added to 1903. However, Ive seen that one of those rectangular panelsin the Action Center is supposed to offer a way of calibrating brightness in 1809. It's supposed to have...
  4. Brightness Control in Version 1809?

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness Control in Version 1809?: Hello: I gather there isnt a brightness slider in the action center in Version 1809--though its been added to 1903. However, Ive seen that one of those rectangular panelsin the Action Center is supposed to offer a way of calibrating brightness in 1809. It's supposed to have...
  5. brightness problem (windows 10 1809 )

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness problem (windows 10 1809 ): after 10-20 minutes starting windows 10, the 100% brightness intensity becomes very low. brightness is still 100% but its intensity is less then 50% of brightness after boot...
  6. In Windows 10 version 1809, after the system wakes from sleep, the display’s brightness...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In Windows 10 version 1809, after the system wakes from sleep, the display’s brightness...: After installing Windows 10 version 1809 and performing the initial setup in Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE), brightness worked correctly. But after waking from sleep, the display’s brightness appears to be very dim. The display is only able to reach about half of its regular...
  7. 1809 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 reboots after shutdown: Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs. I can disable the automatic restart, but that...
  8. Windows 10 version 1809

Windows 10 version 1809: Hello everyone. Do you know if Microsoft will provide a fix for those who have manually installed Windows 10 version 1809? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1809/2a22641f-8d3b-4045-a0ba-1ad531861e9b
  9. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update: hello , Yesterday I installed the 1809 update , and today i noticed that each time i restart my laptop the brightness level is being reset automatically to 0% or 25-50 i'm not really sure , and after windows will boot up , i will need to manually adjust the screen brightness...
  10. Display brightness is reset to 50% whenever I restart my laptop - Windows 10 Version 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display brightness is reset to 50% whenever I restart my laptop - Windows 10 Version 1809: Hi all After updating to Windows 10 Version 1809 on my Lenovo laptop, the display brightness is always reset to 50% whenever I restart the laptop. By the way, the brightness setting which should locate at the bottom of the Control Panel is gone. The screenshots are attached...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix screen brigtness 1809

2. when i restarts pc it brightness becomes 50% even if i had set it to 20%

3. dell windows 10 update 1809 & brightness control fix

4. windows 10 1809 brightness keeps changing,
  5. windows 10 1809 keeps changing my brightness,
  6. windows 10 1809 screen brightness,
  7. 1809 brightness