Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade could invalidate Administrator account

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade could invalidate Administrator account in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It appears that the list of bugs in Windows 10 version 1809, the October 2018 Update, is still growing despite Microsoft's efforts to fix these bugs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 2, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade could invalidate Administrator account

It appears that the list of bugs in Windows 10 version 1809, the October 2018 Update, is still growing despite Microsoft's efforts to fix these bugs.

Microsoft's Japanese Ask the Network & AD Support Team confirmed another bug in Windows 10 version 1809; the bug may occur when devices running Windows 10 version 1803, the April 2018 Update, are upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809.

According to the report, the built-in Windows 10 administrators account may be invalidated during the upgrade. In other words: it cannot be used anymore because it is broken after the upgrade.

The bug occurs when the following two conditions are met:

• The built-in Administrator account is enabled (it is disabled by default).
    • There is at least one additional account with Administrator permissions.

Microsoft reveals that it is working on a solution for the issue; the company asks administrators not to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 on devices on which the built-in Administrator account is the only account with elevated privileges as it would block access to administrative functions on those devices.

Administrators are asked to make sure that at least one additional administrator account is accessible on devices before the upgrade to the new version of Windows 10 is started.

Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade could invalidate Administrator account windows-10-admin.png

You may do the following to find out if another Administrator account is available on a device:

1. Use Windows-R to open the Run Box on the system.
    2. Type control userpasswords. (See our full list of Control Panel shortcuts for additional shortcuts)
    3. Select "Manager another account".

Windows 10 displays the list of accounts on the device and their type. If Administrator is listed next to an account, it is an account with elevated privileges.

Windows 10 version 1809 is one of the buggiest feature upgrades for Windows 10 that Microsoft released since the launch of the Windows 10 operating system in 2015.

Confirmed bugs included data loss issues, issues with audio playback and bluescreens, font display issues, problems with mapped network drives that did not connect properly on start, and lots more.

Microsoft had to stop the distribution of the upgrade in October 2018 days after it enabled the distribution. It took the company until December to fix major bugs and restart the rollout of the operating system. The rollout has picked up speed since then and the revelation of the new bug won't change that as it -- likely -- won't affect lots of devices.

Still, with just three months to go until the next feature upgrade is released, Microsoft needs to find a way to fix all outstanding issues and do something against a growing number of criticism leveled at the company's update testing and release schedule policies.

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade could invalidate Administrator account appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade could invalidate Administrator account :(

Zakin, Jan 2, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade could invalidate Administrator account

Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade could invalidate Administrator account

1. Windows 10 version 1809 upgrade could invalidate Administrator account - Similar Threads - version 1809 upgrade

2. invalid administrator account in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    invalid administrator account in windows 11: I accidently put in an invalid email address for the administrator. Microsoft sends verification requests to an account that does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-administrator-account-in-windows-11/a56fc3c7-97da-456b-81b4-fdc38e0e505d
  3. invalid administrator account in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    invalid administrator account in windows 11: I accidently put in an invalid email address for the administrator. Microsoft sends verification requests to an account that does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-administrator-account-in-windows-11/a56fc3c7-97da-456b-81b4-fdc38e0e505d
  4. Problem upgrading Windows 10 from 1809 to version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading Windows 10 from 1809 to version 1909: Howdy I am using the Windows upgrade assistant it downloads the 1909 update, and then installs, but bombs out at 90% done pc switches off, and then it Uninstalls back to ver 1809 Tried 5x !!! I have 140 Gig free disc space Battery saver is set to Never Hibernate I am...
  5. Windows 10 OS version upgrade from 1809 to 1903

Windows 10 OS version upgrade from 1809 to 1903: Hello All, I have tried to upgrade Windows 10 OS from 1809 to 1903 and I have installed Windows10Upgrade9252.exe software. I have shared the download link below. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445 After installing that software my pc got updated to 1903....
  6. Upgrade to 1809 version

Upgrade to 1809 version: Hello,Recently downloaded the Win 10 1809 iso file. It is 10.0.17763 Build 379.Checked in MS update catalog for updates. As I understand from the build version I have, all updates prior to 11-Mar-2019 ((KB4489899 included) are included in this build and need not to be...
  7. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from version 1803 to version 1809

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from version 1803 to version 1809: Hello, My OS is Windows Pro. I was having problems with Windows not installing updates with version 1803. I saw a video that instructed me to upgrade Windows to maybe solve the issue. I went to: Microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10. My system upgraded to Windows...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login

Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login: After upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 my own user account (with admin authority) login works successfully but I have a problem with other user account. When I first login on the other user account, it has started to reconfigure and it took so long then it just hang up. Any...
  9. Upgrade to version 1809

Upgrade to version 1809: Hi, When upgrading to version 1809 personal files will be retained or deleted. For some users reported after upgrading to 1809 they had lost all their personal files and apps. Please let me know whether to upgrade to this version. Regards, Harrsha...
  10. Upgrade to version 1809

Upgrade to version 1809: Hi, When upgrading to version 1809 personal files will be retained or deleted. For some users reported after upgrading to 1809 they had lost all their personal files and apps. Please let me know whether to upgrade to this version. Regards, Harrsha...