Windows 10: Windows 10 Version 1809 will not support PDF files in Documents - now to fix?

Discus and support Windows 10 Version 1809 will not support PDF files in Documents - now to fix? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft Tech support had me upload Version 1809 yesterday. Today none of my old or new (today, for e.g.) PDF files in Documents will open. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuliePollard, May 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Version 1809 will not support PDF files in Documents - now to fix?

Microsoft Tech support had me upload Version 1809 yesterday. Today none of my old or new (today, for e.g.) PDF files in Documents will open. How do I make all the 100s of PDFs compatible with 1809? thank you.

:)

JuliePollard, May 5, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, May 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Version 1809 will not support PDF files in Documents - now to fix?

Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Version 1809 will not support PDF files in Documents - now to fix?

1. Windows 10 Version 1809 will not support PDF files in Documents - now to fix? - Similar Threads - Version 1809 support

2. My PDF files have changed to File Type "Chrome HTML Document pdf" - Fixes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PDF files have changed to File Type "Chrome HTML Document pdf" - Fixes?: My PDF files have started showing up in Windows Explorer as to Google Chrome HTML Files - Fixes?File Type "Chrome HTML Document pdf" I've changed the default "Opens With "/app to PDF X, but the file icons still look like a Google HTML file instead of a PDF file type. I saw an...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1809 - End of Support - ISO File Download from VLSC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 1809 - End of Support - ISO File Download from VLSC: Hi, I searched from Microsoft lifecycle website and found that Windows 10 version 1809 is already End of Support as of November 2020. My customer is using the Windows Update to do upgrade. However, the customer also want to upgrade via ISO file download from VLSC and could...
  4. Scanning documents to PDF file

Scanning documents to PDF file: How can I get documents to scan to a pdf file instead of the GIF, BITMAP, or PNG, These are the only options available in the scan application. I need to be able to scan documents and save them in a PDF format....
  5. Windows 10 version 1809 support extended to November 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809 support extended to November 2020: Microsoft released security updates for all supported versions of the company's Windows operating system yesterday on the April 2020 Patch Tuesday. If you are still using devices that run Windows 10 version 1809, released almost two years ago, and checked the support page...
  6. ntoskrnl.exe file version difference with the windows 10 1809 version

ntoskrnl.exe file version difference with the windows 10 1809 version: Hi, I have received this error on the my vulnerability check for the Surface. It state that the below nstoskrnl.exe file is not patched. However, after some google. It found that I have updated the latest patch for Win 1909 released few days ago...
  7. Windows 10 ISO file version 1809

Windows 10 ISO file version 1809: Hi All, I need to get Windows 10 ISO file version 1809 to revert back from version 1909. Anyone can help me on this please? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-file-version-1809/998de9ca-dacb-458d-a557-1675d405275e
  8. Updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 and now can't see my documents

Updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 and now can't see my documents: My computer automatically updated Windows to version 1809. All of my apps are still installed, but my documents folder is empty, my desktop files are gone, and my app defaults (such as internet browser and taskbar) have changed. I have tried signing out and signing back in...
  9. Windows 10 version 1809 support

Windows 10 version 1809 support: The latest version of Windows 10, v1903, disables the only reason I bought this particular computer in the first place. I won't go into details, but the disabled program is an HP product. After speaking to four different tech support people at HP and spending countless hours...
  10. Windows 10 version 1803 and version 1809 Network File Sharing Fix

Windows 10 version 1803 and version 1809 Network File Sharing Fix: 1. Press the Windows key + R. 2. At the RUN command, type services.msc and then press Enter. 3. Find each of the services in the list below. On each service, right-click, select Properties, and set Startup type to Automatic, then click Apply and OK. If the services were not...