Windows 10: Windows 10 Version 18363.1316 - System language keeps changing between UK English and Czech.

Discus and support Windows 10 Version 18363.1316 - System language keeps changing between UK English and Czech. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am hoping a Windows Guru can help me with the below. I have two laptops. Both are linked to my Microsoft OneDrive account, but I don't know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Max_CFH, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Max_CFH Win User

Windows 10 Version 18363.1316 - System language keeps changing between UK English and Czech.

Hi, I am hoping a Windows Guru can help me with the below.

I have two laptops. Both are linked to my Microsoft OneDrive account, but I don't know if that is relevant.

One laptop is used exclusively by myself System language = UK English. No one else has access to this laptop.

The other laptop is used by my children.

They switch their system language between UK English and Czech language as they are learning languages at school.

Whenever my children switch their system language from British English to Czech language on their own laptop, the system language on my laptop also changes. This only started happening when I updated to Windows 18363.1316 a few days ago.

Does anyone know how to stop my laptop switching language? It's extremely frustrating and I can't find out what is causing it.

My Language Preferences in Win10 shows that UK English is my default option but the Czech language pack is also installed.

I didn't even install the Czech language pack onto my laptop, so Windows has installed it without my participation and is switching to it without any user input from me.

I'm assuming that Microsoft have just introduced something that links language preferences across any machines logged into the same account, but I am a total loss to find out where the setting is to disable it.

Many thanks,

:)

Max_CFH, Jan 17, 2021

2. After the latest update, the system language is UK English, with no option to change it.

Greetings.

So far, the system language of my Windows 10 copy was US English. After the last update, the system language -and the keyboard- changed to UK English. The option to remove it and replace it with another language and keyboard will not work.

I tried installing US International keyboard and removing the UK English keyboard and it worked for 10 minutes. After that, the UK English keyboard reappeared.

Since I am used to working with US English, suddenly using UK English keyboard -without having chosen to- is very inconvenient. Are there any suggestions for re-installing US English language and keyboard and removing UK English from my system?

Thank you in advance,

Giorgos

Giorgos_Kal, Jan 17, 2021
  3. RFC3514 Win User
    Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Jan 17, 2021
  4. merkur0 Win User

Windows 10 Version 18363.1316 - System language keeps changing between UK English and Czech.

In my settings it says English is my display language, yet my Windows is in Czech

Hi,

I am no longer able to use English as my Windows display language. When I go to language settings, under "Preferred languages" I have English and Czech. Underneath "English" it says "Windows display language" and underneath "Czech" it says "Installed language
    pack". Yet my Windows is in English. My region is set to Czech Republic and I have English and Czech keyboards installed, however, I was able to use English as my display language before. I see no option to remove Czech from my languages in the language tab.
    I tried setting my display language to Czech and then back to English but it didn't fix the issue. I was to be able to switch between Czech and English keyboards and have my region set to Czech Republic but have my Windows in English.

How do I achieve that? Or was that "feature" removed from Windows?

I am using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, more specifically version 1709 build 17093.1000 and it isn't "Single language" version.

merkur0, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Version 18363.1316 - System language keeps changing between UK English and Czech. - Similar Threads - Version 18363 1316

2. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  3. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  4. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  5. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  6. Windows 10 speech recognition issue - language UK English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 speech recognition issue - language UK English: I have spent the whole day trying to get the Windows 10 speech recognition to work. I keep getting a message something like the "the recogniser language and interface language must match". So I have gone all through the Settings and Control Panel and changed every language...
  7. I cannot change language to UK English

I cannot change language to UK English: Hi. I've bought a new W10 laptop windows home edition and I cannot get it to use UK English. The language settings say that it is set to UK English but the spellchecker keeps suggesting American spellings. Not ideal when I bought the laptop to write on a book with! I've...
  8. Can't remove UK English language

Can't remove UK English language: I'm used to the US English keyboard, but when I try to remove the UK English it stays in the languages. How can I fix it? PowerShell doesn't find UK English [ATTACH]...
  9. changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence

changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence: Bought a used laptop, came with windows in spanish. Need a step by step instruction on how to change it to english. Tried the Youtube guides, tried the support chatbot, etc. I can download the language pack, but set as default is not an available option. Is there an easy...
  10. English UK language keeps self-installing - Windows 10 build 1803

English UK language keeps self-installing - Windows 10 build 1803: I use 2 languages on my PC: English US and Bulgarian. Nevertheless English UK keyboard keeps installing itself and it's very annoying because I need to press Alt+Shift twice to switch to Bulgarian. English UK doesn't even show in the Region & Language panel but shows in the...