Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903 Audio crackling still not fixed???

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903 Audio crackling still not fixed??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ive been reading everywhere this has been a problem for months. I'm not sure why my PC decided to auto update from 1809 t0 1903 on Nov, 27th, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Swil03, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Swil03 Win User

Windows 10 version 1903 Audio crackling still not fixed???

Ive been reading everywhere this has been a problem for months. I'm not sure why my PC decided to auto update from 1809 t0 1903 on Nov, 27th, but it did. It ran smooth, so I thought nothing of it until last week when I finally fired up the recording studio to hear all this crackling and popping in my speakers. Ive been researching and trying to fix for a week. Reinstalled my recording and audio devices. still nothing. The only option is I have to do a wipe and clean install???

How is this not fixed yet? You can find complaints about this all over the place stemming back to Jun/July. There are locked threads here about it Why locked? I would have preferred to continue the same discussion??? This is a very real issue for anyone in the music industry.

Is this the final straw to go Apple?? I think I'm being told to stop using this and move on. Everyone else has and now this neglect to show urgency on this has told me so as well.

:)

Swil03, Dec 24, 2019

2. Audio Crackling in Windows 10

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

I will certainly help you.

This issue could have occurred due to incompatible audio driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Let us try to run Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem.

It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your
    sound card or driver
    , and your speakers or headphones.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

2. Click Troubleshooting in the search results.

3. Click "View all" and then click “Playing Audio".

4. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: Let us try to install the audio driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
      previous the version of Windows (Windows 8) from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Also, see: Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Crackling audio in games.

I'm currently using my windows drivers. But it happened on the motherboard drivers as well.

Disabling VSYNC seems to fix the issue and I can go fullscreen. and not get the crackling audio.

Aceman.au, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 version 1903 Audio crackling still not fixed???

Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work

I just performed a clean install to Windows 10 1903 and upon reinstalling my audio driver I noticed that it was just crackling and not working at all. The audio driver I was installing was Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8742.1
    WHQL. I decided to reinstall windows 1903 and use the driver I was using on Windows 10 1803 Realtek HD Audio driver_6.0.1.8172, that also does the same thing. I tried restarting the audio services and nothing seems to work.

I am on a MSI GS70 gaming laptop with a Intel Skylake PCH-H - High Definition Audio Controller. I have installed update KB4501375 which I have read helped some users and I downloaded the official
    ISO from Microsoft a week ago which is what I used for the clean install. The build I am using is 18362.207

Camp Nowhere, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 version 1903 Audio crackling still not fixed???

1. Windows 10 version 1903 Audio crackling still not fixed??? - Similar Threads - version 1903 Audio

2. Audio Popping and Crackling Still Despite Doing All Common Fix Reccomendations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Popping and Crackling Still Despite Doing All Common Fix Reccomendations: About a month ago my PC started having popping and clicking sounds show up when watching youtube or listening to spotify and its been getting worse, sometimes accompanied by sluggish and choppy mouse movement. About an hour after a restart, these audio issues come up. I've...
  3. Novemeber 2020 and Audio crackling Still an issue NO ''fixes' at all fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Novemeber 2020 and Audio crackling Still an issue NO ''fixes' at all fix it: So, it is now November 2020, and another great update fail! Audio crackling like crazy, and nothing, and i mean NOTHING i have read here or anywhere at all fixes this. And before i get repeats of the same rubbish cut and paste ''fixes'': -i have updated ALL relevant...
  4. Fix Audio crackling or popping sounds in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Audio crackling or popping sounds in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If while you’re using your Windows 10 PC, you hear audio crackling, static, stutter, or popping sounds emerging from the audio output device/speakers, then one […] This article Fix Audio crackling or popping sounds in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  5. Version 1903 audio stuttering

Version 1903 audio stuttering: So, I just went through the hassle of the audio stuttering problem with version 1903. At first I tried all kinds of other tricks found via net searches. No luck. Ended up reverting the install back to 1809 which fixed the problem immediately. Does this problem continue...
  6. Audio (still) crackling/popping Windows 10 2004

Audio (still) crackling/popping Windows 10 2004: I am having crackling/popping sounds when I start/pause/seek/skip/volume-up/volume-down/mute (etc) audio. Example 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVp-Lykp6gA Example 2 : https://streamable.com/bfpdf (credit /u/Matroxxest) You can test it easily yourself with those 2...
  7. Windows 10 version 1903 issues and fixes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1903 issues and fixes: new update version 1903 is a great update - however there are many that are having issues with the upgrade not working - many error codes showing with no resolution. My Suggestion here is for those that have more than 1 hard drive preferably a SSD drive in which you have 2...
  8. Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work

Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work: I just performed a clean install to Windows 10 1903 and upon reinstalling my audio driver I noticed that it was just crackling and not working at all. The audio driver I was installing was Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8742.1 WHQL. I decided to reinstall windows 1903 and use...
  9. still waiting for version 1903

still waiting for version 1903: Over the pats two weeks, my three newer Win 10 Home PCs downloaded and installed the new version. My older device, originally Win 7 Pro still has not gotten the notification of availability and I've had no success when clicking the check for updates button. This device...
  10. Windows 10 audio crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 audio crackling: Hello I'm getting crackling in my PC during games and YouTube videos. since I got it back from the shop and it was installed with Windows 10 (previously Windows 7). The issue seems to be caused by certain pitches in tones in whatever it is that i'm doing. I tested the issue...