Windows 10: Windows 10 Version 1903 causing Fans to run faster and CPU, GPU heats issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Version 1903 causing Fans to run faster and CPU, GPU heats issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good evening all - I have had many people email me on my previous thread pertaining to the issues with Windows 10 version 1903 - I have tested the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gaathan, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Gaathan Win User

Windows 10 Version 1903 causing Fans to run faster and CPU, GPU heats issues

Good evening all - I have had many people email me on my previous thread pertaining to the issues with Windows 10 version 1903 - I have tested the patch on various computers to track down what is actually happening - unfortunately this is a windows issue in which they are now aware of the issues and are working on a update - the time frame however in not known. However I do know there are a number of fixes out there that claim to resolve the issue - Let me make it clear - do not believe all that you read as some are only doing this so called fixes to actually do more harm than good. Anyone telling you to go into device manager and start changing certain aspects be aware unless you understand what you are doing please do not change anything.

Now there are some things that you can do that will help in the decrease of heat issues and fans running at higher speeds than previously.

First thing is to have a portable backup or a scan disk pref 32gb and download to that all your programs you have as well as anything else you need.

Now that you have done that go into your settings - then recovery - click on the get started - then click on remove everything. Follow all the prompts until windows resets your PC - if you have more than one drive then make sure you only reset the pc on that drive leave the rest alone.

Now that you are in that process of resetting the PC it will wipe your drive clean and then set it up again with 1903. You will want to go through the set up but this time when it wants you to proceed with all those programs checked - unchecked them as you will be able to choose later to enable them. Those programs like Cortana use a good amount of system resources which in turn heat up your process and graphics card. This is not the only program there are many that run in the background that cause these changes in your temps and fan speed.

I can pretty much guarantee you will see a great improvement.

Now this helps quite a bit but there are still other issues that are in the back end of the operating system that you are not able to fix yourself and windows developer team will have an update to resolve other issues you cannot.

I have tested this on 3 computers - 1 Gaming PC - 1 Laptop and 1 regular PC - each of these showed a great improvement.

I Hope this will help everyone out there

Thanks again for all of you that sent me emails and let me know how it goes for you

Thanks again Gaathan

:)

Gaathan, Aug 23, 2019

2. Fans and CPU running very high Windows 10 Build 1903

I upgraded to windows 10 version 1903 a few weeks ago. Shortly afterwards I noticed that my fans were running extremely fast and my CPU temps per core were running in the mid 50s C at system idle. Previously they were running in the mid to high 30s C.
    Task Manager shows my CPU usage at 100%. I get things back to normal if I disable the Power service, but as soon as I enable it again, my fans begin to race and the temps go up. My system uses an ASRock motherboard with an Intel i7-8700k and an 8500 watt
    power supply. I use the Balanced power setting profile. Diagnostics for Power doesn't pick up anything and I can't find anything with Google for anyone with a similar problem. I had a similar issue a couple of years back, but it was caused by me using the
    High Performance power profile. Once I changed to the Balanced profile the problem disappeared. This time, the problem is occurring with the Balanced power setting. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

RichardSchaefer_895, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Fans and CPU running very high Windows 10 Build 1903

Hi.. I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps

A sure sign that your computer is overheating is when your fan is always running at maximum speed. You may also experience reduced performance because an overheating CPU cuts back its clock speed to escape heat pressure. Moreover, the fail-safe software may
    trigger a sudden shut down to prevent hardware damage.

If you want to measure the actual heat values inside your laptop, you can use a tool like HWMonitor. This might also reveal which part of your laptop is getting too hot. Typically, you’ll find that the CPU or GPU are overheating the most.

1. Fix Internal Cooling

The first and most important thing you need to do when your laptop is overheating is to clean the fan(s) that provide(s) cooling to the CPU and graphics card. Over time, they build up layers of dust and dirt that slow them down and block airflow. Consult your
    laptop’s manual or manufacturer to find out how you can open the laptop to access and clean these parts.

Before you attempt to do any cleaning, however, follow these steps:

Shut down the computer

Remove the battery

Unplug the power strip

Ground yourself

Carefully clean the fan(s) with a cotton swab dipped in a drop of alcohol. Make sure the alcohol has completely evaporated before you reconnect the laptop to the power.

You can also use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust and dirt that clocks up the fan(s). To prevent damage to the fan, do not let it revolve in the wrong direction. If you want to use canned air to clean the fan, stop the fan from spinning by holding it down.

Next, you can clean the exhaust port by sucking out air with a vacuum cleaner. The exhaust port usually sits on the side of the laptop. It’s the opening that blows out hot air.

balog belongs from
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-overheating-l

Hope it Works

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

vanshitavanshita, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Version 1903 causing Fans to run faster and CPU, GPU heats issues

cpu fan running

Hi Euro,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

CPU fans are temperature controlled. They go up when the heat increases and go down when the heat is under normal range. It is recommended not to change the settings.

If it is excessively noisy the issue might be something else, let us know if it is the case.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Version 1903 causing Fans to run faster and CPU, GPU heats issues

1. Windows 10 Version 1903 causing Fans to run faster and CPU, GPU heats issues - Similar Threads - Version 1903 causing

2. GPU and CPU cooling fans at startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU and CPU cooling fans at startup.: Since switching to W10 pro on a new build, two months ago, the CPU and GPU fans have been running at full speed for 1-2 seconds at startup. The graphics card is about a year old RX580 8GB and the M.B. is new Gigabyte Elite X570 with an AMD 3600. Sometimes they run for 1...
  3. Windows 10 version 1903 dwm.exe high CPU issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 1903 dwm.exe high CPU issue: This is my Windows version. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I constantly have dwm.exe high CPU issue. Below snapshots are from Process Explorer. [ATTACH] By checking the property of this process in process explorer, I could see the top thread is always...
  4. Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903

Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903: Hi guys, After the newest update in september I experiencing a really annoying issue... It seems the system is blocking my CPU usage. It's not the typical high CPU usage problem, but the opposite of it. Like my programs used 70-80% of my CPU in total. After the update...
  5. cpu fan running

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu fan running: CPU fan going up and down seconds after startup. Computer is new. Goes up and down all day. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-fan-running/1000fe4a-b302-4583-ba76-bdd0e386d239
  6. Fans and CPU running very high Windows 10 Build 1903

Fans and CPU running very high Windows 10 Build 1903: I upgraded to windows 10 version 1903 a few weeks ago. Shortly afterwards I noticed that my fans were running extremely fast and my CPU temps per core were running in the mid 50s C at system idle. Previously they were running in the mid to high 30s C. Task Manager shows my...
  7. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving: Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode. Another one is that I get...
  8. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

in Windows 10 Support
    Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving: Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode. Another one is that I get...
  9. CPU fan issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU fan issues: Hey everyone, Been digging around for a few days and haven't been able to find an answer myself so I figured I try here. My CPU (i7-6700k) has been running hot (90'C+). The other day I noticed the fan wasn't even spinning while that hot and even when hitting 100'C. Also...
  10. CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10: Hello, everyone. I have posted this in other forums, too, in the hopes of getting some ideas. I recently installed Windows 10 on a desktop computer and everything went as smoothly as it could have, with no problems at all. So, motivated by how well everything went with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 fan revving

2. after windows10 1903 my fan is always spinning

3. gaming laptop heats up windows 10 cpu 1903

4. windows 1903 is faster,
  5. windows 1903 is faster than previous,
  6. intel adapters crashing in 1903 update,
  7. Nvidia geforce and intel drivers crashing with win 10 1903