Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903 Feature Update - Location of Start Menu

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903 Feature Update - Location of Start Menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Can anyone tell me where the Start Menu is? I have Windows 10 version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476). Also known a the Feature Update, installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dayhiker4k, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 version 1903 Feature Update - Location of Start Menu

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where the Start Menu is? I have Windows 10 version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476). Also known a the Feature Update, installed on 9/27/2019.

The locations of the Start Menu for All Users and the Current User must have moved.

Thank you,

Dayhiker4k

:)

dayhiker4k, Dec 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows update files

Your machine is currently not compatible with Windows 10 version 1903. You are going to have to wait until Microsoft resolves the incompatibility from the list of issues that will block the upgrade to Windows 10 1903.

A dynamic list of known issues with Windows 10 version 1903 can be found [here](Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903). Any issue that has the statement "to safeguard your update experience" will prevent the Windows 10 version 1903 from being installed on your system.

Some of those issues have been resolved, but since the dynamic list is several pages long, it wouldn't be helpful to quote any specific issue at this time. Any issue that indicates the issue was resolved, if it was previously an issue that would block the upgrade, should contain the statement "safeguard hold has been removed."

Source: Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903

It is not necessary to know the location of these files. Windows will download the required files to a hidden directory. You can use the Disk Cleanup tool to delete them.

If you attempt the upgrade, and the process is rollback for any reason, the entire process has to be repeated. This means you should clear out the temporary file before you attempt the upgrade again.

The Windows installation is rolled back to the previous state. I have encountered numerous Windows installation problems in the fast installing feature updates. However, I notice absolutely no problems with those installations, after the installation was rolledback.

The most likely reason the upgrade to Windows 10 1903 is blocked on your system is due to the Windows 10 1903 upgrade failure resulting from an attached USB device issue. While the issue should not block the upgrade to 1903, it is very likely, your system does not have the most recent Windows 10 version 1803 cumulative update installed. This particular issue affected both external removable mass storage devices but also internal HDDs.

Windows has a habit of picking the largest location to store temporary files.

You should use the Disk Cleanup tool instead.

If you run Disk Cleanup and select to remove the installation files the upgrade will not be attempted.

The Upgrade Assistant (which is also known as the Windows 10 Advisor) only attempts the upgrade. It is assumed that if you are using the assistant you want to attempt the upgrade, even if there are compatbility issues, with the feature update. However, some issues will still block the installation, but those checks are not performed until later in the process.

Ramhound, Dec 12, 2019
  4. scevism Win User

Windows 10 version 1903 Feature Update - Location of Start Menu

scevism, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 version 1903 Feature Update - Location of Start Menu

1. Windows 10 version 1903 Feature Update - Location of Start Menu - Similar Threads - version 1903 Feature

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 Failed to insatll after several times downloading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-to-windows-10-version-1903/56dac4ef-d2cc-451a-8305-0a3a083e05a5
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: I tried to get this update and get these error messages. How can I get around this? 0xc1900101 0xc1900104 0x80240034 I would like to get this installed with little to no reformatting or reinstalling Windows 10 if possible...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: Hi Trying to get Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 to run on my desktop. I get as far as Getting things ready – 94% and I cant get it to progress. I have uninstalled lots of programs and files space should not be the issue any advice greatly received Ray...
  5. Feature to update Window 10, version 1903

Feature to update Window 10, version 1903: I've been trying to update my Windows in the past three days. I guess all the updates are successfully updated despite all the pending download, pending install, pending restart. The only one seems having problem is "Feature to update Window 10, version 1903". I don't know...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: Good Evening, The Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 has tried to download this evening (I'm currently on 1809) but I didn't ask for it (it has been sat for months as a separate area and button on "Update" ) I suddenly say it saying "Preparing the System" very...
  7. Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1903

Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1903: I thought I had updated Windows 10 to Version 1903 about a month ago. But I am still on Version 1803. How can I Update to Version 1903 and what is meant by (but your device isn't quite ready for it) How can I find out what is not up to date etc and correct the problem. The...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: My machine is attempting to install "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903" and is having huge problems beginning with being incredibly slow and then after reboot deleting all and starting again or same again but surviving the first reboot to the second reboot and then...
  9. Windows 10, Version 1903 Feature Update

Windows 10, Version 1903 Feature Update: I would like to hear about opinions about whether to go ahead with installing Windows 10, Version 1903 or wait until enough experience has proved it is problem-free. I am not a computer expert, so quite hesitant to download and install it....
  10. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: guys while i am repeatedly trying to install this new update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903" i am having problems and my computer shows me an error (ie: 0x8007000e ). i have even tried many procedure with the assistance through web but still is being...