Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903 reportedly causing issues on Surface Book 2

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903 reportedly causing issues on Surface Book 2 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2019 Update is not going well with the GPU drivers on a small number of Surface Book 2 devices. People on forums and Reddit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 23, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 1903 reportedly causing issues on Surface Book 2

Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2019 Update is not going well with the GPU drivers on a small number of Surface Book 2 devices. People on forums and Reddit are complaining about freezing and app crashing issues on some Surface Book 2 models after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903.

Windows 10 May 2019 Update is only causing issues on Surface Book 2 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060. As per several Reddit and Feedback hubs posts that we have evaluated, Nvidia 1060 graphics option disappears again and again.

“Ever since installing the release version of the May Update, the video card on Surface Book 2 randomly disconnects. Updating the drivers has not helped,” a user noted in a Feedback hub post.

Windows 10 version 1903 reportedly causing issues on Surface Book 2 Feedback-hub.jpg

Similarly, multiple Reddit threads created in the last two weeks have also confirmed that GPU disconnects randomly.

“I had the same issue. 1050. After chatting with a Microsoft agent, the best solution for now was to switch back to 1809. Have not had issues since with dGPU. No more disconnecting. The more awareness, the better,” a user noted in Reddit post.

“I’m having so much problems with the Adobe Suite and especially DaVinci Resolve. I actually contacted Microsoft about the issue and they are sending me a new Surface Book 2. I guess I’m not gonna update this one,” wrote one Reddit user.

An 11 days old thread also documents this problem.

“Hey! Sorry to bother but are you guys aware that the 1903 crashes the GTX 1060 on some Surface Book 2 15″(including mine). I’m unable to do my work. You can find others with the same issue on the Feedback Hub and there’s a thread on Reddit about it as well,” a Surface Book 2 owner reported the issue on Twitter.

Update blocked for some Surface Book 2 owners

A Reddit thread from June 19 claims that Windows 10 May 2019 Update installation has been blocked on some models of Surface Book 2 due to compatibility issues. Users have received the following message:

Windows 10 version 1903 reportedly causing issues on Surface Book 2 May-2019-Update-blocked.jpg
    Image Courtesy: WindowsLatest.com

A Microsoft employee Zac is monitoring the reports and he believes the issue could be associated with the graphics drivers.

“Not sure on the timeline, I believe the issue is the graphics drivers so however long it takes for them to get fixed versions,” Zac wrote in the same Reddit discussion.

Microsoft hasn’t officially confirmed on the issue aside from a Reddit post by an employee on June 19.

Users are reporting that rolling back to Windows 10 October 2018 Update resolves the GPU problem.

Disclaimer: We make no claims in this article. The article is based on reports from Reddit discussions and Feedback hub posts.

The post Windows 10 version 1903 reportedly causing issues on Surface Book 2 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2, Pro, & Laptop firmware updates for Windows 10 Insiders

The following Surface devices are reportedly receiving firmware updates if you are set to get Windows 10 Insider updates.

• Surface Laptop version 135.2139.257.0
    • Surface Pro
    • Surface Book 2
    There are currently no release notes from Microsoft yet, but I'll update this if made available.

*Arrow https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18

Read more: Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) Surface

Brink, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1903 reportedly causing issues on Surface Book 2 - Similar Threads - version 1903 reportedly

2. Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues: Windows 10 version: 10.0.18363.836 Wifi Driver version: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc 15.68.17017.115 Seems as though I am not the only one with this issue. But I cannot reliably connect or use my existing home's wifi 2.4Ghz band or the 5.0Ghz band at all. Super low/weak...
  3. surface book 2 persistent issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book 2 persistent issues: I have been experiencing issues quite often with my Surface book 2 this past month and a half. The issues consist of crashing. rebooting and browser issues. Chrome has been giving me issues and cant do work without an issues, id rather use this PC than my school one. I kept...
  4. Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet

Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet: Hello All, Currently I have 6 Surface Book 2's all with the same issue. The Ethernet Adapter on the Surface Docks will connect and disconnect on repeat, once a second until eventually the SB2 will blue screen. There is roughly 150 Surface book 2's, 200 Surface Laptop 2's...
  5. Trackpad on Surface Book 2 w/ 1903 update

Trackpad on Surface Book 2 w/ 1903 update: Hello, Have a user's trackpad that has had huge issues since 1903 was installed, i did a double check of the trackpad drivers and it's stating an Intel driver from 2006 is the best one. I just applied the Surface Book 2 Driver and Firmware package yesterday (I had applied...
  6. Many issues with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many issues with Surface Book 2: I have been having many issues with my surface book 2 lately. Some of them are the following: 1. Random and continuous USB disconnect sound. 2. Overheating during sleep mode (specially inside backpack). 3. Keyboard sometimes stop responding. 4. The search stops...
  7. 1809 Update issues on Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 Update issues on Surface Book 2: Hi, I have a Surface Book 2. When 1809 was available I went through the download route and forced the update. Luckily, it seems, things worked well and I didn't face any of the bugs that were listed; however, later I started noticing that Start Screen had issues. Namely,...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2: I have recently bought Surface Book 2; a week ago. Now I am facing issues with cursor disappearing making me chase the cursor and at times freezing. It is really annoying. As I do not use the mouse. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue? if this problem persists for a few...
  10. Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2

Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2: Microsoft Corporation MSFT is back with a new model of its Surface Book after Consumer Reports rebuffed the original, but it still isn’t winning approval. “We will evaluate the performance of the Microsoft Surface Book 2 once we get it into our labs next month for testing,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 surface pro issues reddit

2. surface book 2 windows 1903

3. windows 1903 causing a lot of issues

4. surfacebook2 1903 firmware update,
  5. windows 1903 upgrade causing cursor display issues,
  6. can I run 1903 update without nvidia driver for my videocard,
  7. surface book 2 issues after update 1903,
  8. surface studio 1903 issues,
  9. surfacebook 2 1903,
  10. reddit windows 10 1903 freezing & crashes,
  11. how to check for updates in windows 10 pro 1903,