Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903 will allow Home users to pause updates for 35 days

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903 will allow Home users to pause updates for 35 days in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s next big update to Windows 10 is codenamed 19H1 and it is projected to go live next month. Windows 10 April 2019 Update (version 1903) will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 15, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 1903 will allow Home users to pause updates for 35 days

Microsoft’s next big update to Windows 10 is codenamed 19H1 and it is projected to go live next month. Windows 10 April 2019 Update (version 1903) will finally provide users with Windows 10 Home license to pause quality updates for a limited period of time.

Back in January, Microsoft released new preview builds of Windows 10 Home SKU and it provided users with an option to pause updates for up to 7 days. It looks like Microsoft recently improved this functionality and it is now possible to pause updates on the Home SKU for up to 35 days.

Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise customers will still have access to better and more advanced Windows Updates setting.

In Windows 10 October 2018 Update or older, the machines with Windows 10 Home SKU receive updates as soon as Microsoft releases them. There is no way to pause Windows Updates on Home SKU. This feature has always been offered in the Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise SKUs.

Windows 10 version 1903 will allow Home users to pause updates for 35 days Pause-updates-in-Windows-10.jpg

Microsoft has finally planned to address the feedback and it will allow Home users to pause updates for a maximum of 35 days after installing the upcoming Windows 10 April 2019 Update (version 1903).

It’s important to note that Microsoft hasn’t officially confirmed any such plans and this could be a possible A/B testing. Further details may surface in the coming days as we approach the last few weeks of beta testing the next big feature update.

The post Windows 10 version 1903 will allow Home users to pause updates for 35 days appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 15, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 version 1903 will allow Home users to pause updates for 35 days capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Gabe1972 Win User
    Pausing Updates in Windows 10 Pro version 1703 - Laptop 35 days and Desktop 7 days?

Both my laptop and my desktop have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1703 installed. I can pause the updates in the laptop for 35 days, but only 7 days in the desktop. I do not have the laptop set to a metered connection, though it does connect using WiFi
    and the desktop is using a LAN cable. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Any idea as to why the different number of days?

Gabe1972, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Clonkex Win User

Pausing Updates in Windows 10 Pro version 1703 - Laptop 35 days and Desktop 7 days?

I've noticed this as well. On my PC I paused updates immediately after getting the Creator's Update and it paused them for 35 days, but I just unpaused them to get the latest updates and now can only pause for 7 days, which sucks because I don't want to
    update my PC that often, despite Microsoft's insistence on forcing updates down our throats.

Clonkex, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1903 will allow Home users to pause updates for 35 days - Similar Threads - version 1903 allow

2. Not allowing me to update Windows to version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not allowing me to update Windows to version 1903: I have already posted this but nobody has helped me. Hello. My Windows is not allowing me to update. When I am in settings and try to update it gives me Error 0x80070015. I have researched that error on these forums and nothing has helped. I resulted to updating manually...
  3. Not allowing me to update Windows to version 1903

Not allowing me to update Windows to version 1903: Hello. My Windows is not allowing me to update. When I am in settings and try to update it gives me Error 0x80070015. I have researched that error on these forums and nothing has helped. I resulted to updating manually where it got stuck at 89% for over 3 hours and...
  4. windows 10 PRO version 1903 how to pause update for 365 days

windows 10 PRO version 1903 how to pause update for 365 days: windows 10 PRO version 1903 how to pause update for 365 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-version-1903-how-to-pause-update/3cca46bd-7ead-4738-b33a-cfb91589ca64
  5. Windows 10 home version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home version 1903: Can anyone offer any advice with two issues I'm having with Windows 10. Firstly after an update a few weeks ago my wired mouse continually freezes so have to turn off the PC to get it going again (unplugging and plugging back in does nothing) Secondly after an update of...
  6. Win 10 1903 Home Version Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 1903 Home Version Updates: I have windows 10 1903 home version and do not have an option to delay updates. It only allows me to turn off automatic updates, but it still updated this morning. How can I truly turn it off....
  7. Windows 10 Home version 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home version 1903: Acer 5732Z today 240619 my computer. had problem loading up. Then Microsoft Automatic Repair function cut in an after 10 minutes everything came back on line. I can only guess something in start up process was rectified it was not a major change involved I guess. However I...
  8. windows 10 home version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 home version 1903: I have an HP scan, fax copy machine. I use to be able to scan to live mail on my dell desktop computer running windows 10 version 1803 home edition but no longer as I get an error message that stats "cannot locate the email client". Something happened! I can still scan to a...
  9. Windows 10 Home might get "Pause Updates" option in 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Home might get "Pause Updates" option in 1903: Microsoft's Windows 10 Home operating system lacks support for essential features that other editions of Windows 10 support. When it comes to updates, no option to pause or disable updates is offered in the user interface. Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise come with options to...
  10. Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates: Windows 10 can download and install updates automatically when they are available. Although users are supposed to keep their desktop OS up-to-date, sometimes we might have good reason to delay an update. For example, your favourite application is incompatible with the update...