Windows 10: Windows 10, version 19041.508, when try to create restore point, receive 0x81000203

Discus and support Windows 10, version 19041.508, when try to create restore point, receive 0x81000203 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 version 19041.508. When trying to create a restore point on System properties dialog box, the error message was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Will_B177, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Will_B177 Win User

Windows 10, version 19041.508, when try to create restore point, receive 0x81000203

Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 version 19041.508. When trying to create a restore point on System properties dialog box, the error message was returned: "There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error. Please try to run System Restore again. 0x81000203."

Observations: System protection tab has buttons grayed out System Restore button, Configure config restore settings button, Create button To create a restore point. Protection Settings box on System Protection tab has under available drives word "Searching" but Available drives, and Protection are listed as blank.

What I have done:
    - stopped antivirus software and tried to create restore points, same response as above 000203 response
    - ran services.msc have turned on automatic/running a Windows Backup, b Volume Shadow Copy and tried to create restore points, same response as above 000203 response
    - using troubleshooting to use system file checker ran dism.exe /online /cleanup-image then sfc /scannow. Did not find any integrity violations. Then tried to create restore points, same response as above 000203 response
    - Used elevated powershell to attempt to turn on system restore, "enable-ComputerRestore etc." Then tried to create restore points, same response as above 000203 response
    - Opened Control Panel, Recovery, Configure system restore, I got the same error as above 000203 response
    - Tried to go into Safe Mode Settings, Recovery, Advanced Startup, I got the same error as above 000203 response.

That is pretty much where I am now.

Will

:)

Will_B177, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Oluwin Win User

I cannot create a Restore Point for my Windows 10

Hi,

I cannot create a Restore Point for Windows 10. keep getting error message (0x81000203).

Oluwin, Sep 16, 2020
  3. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Windows 10, version 19041.508, when try to create restore point, receive 0x81000203

Cannot create a Windows 10 restore point

You do seem to be having a number of problems on this machine *Sad

System Restore is at best unreliable, often failing to perform a restore. But you should at least be able to see its Properties page without error. Could be some services it requires aren't running.

System Restore Error code 0x81000203 after updating W10 - Microsoft Community

Rather than rely on System Restore, it is a good idea to back up the machine by making a System Image. Macrium Reflect Free is good for that.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect | Tutorials

Thema:

1. Windows 10, version 19041.508, when try to create restore point, receive 0x81000203 - Similar Threads - version 19041 508

2. error on windows 10 restore (0x81000203

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    error on windows 10 restore (0x81000203: I'm getting error (0x81000303 when trying to setup Windows 10 restore. I've tried going into services-volume shadow copy and starting the service and then setting to auto but that didn't work! [img] 173041
  3. Create Restore Point Error in Property Page 0x81000203

Create Restore Point Error in Property Page 0x81000203: Don't know how this problem started but I can't create restore point. Followed numerous troubleshooting advise from the web for several days but nothing has worked. Obviously looking for working solution. SFC is OK, DSIM is fine, ran several other suggestions including...
  4. No restore point created (Windows 10)?

No restore point created (Windows 10)?: Hello, Since I have FPS drops in Valorant, I watched a video of the Yter Panjno, he created his own register files where he optimized the FPS, now I have all files for FPS Boost also Reg files saved, unfortunately after a test it was even worse than before and I wanted to...
  5. Create a restore point error 0x81000203

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create a restore point error 0x81000203: “There was an unexpected error in the property page: System restore encountered an error. Please try to run System Restore again. (0x81000203) Please close the properties page and try again.” That’s the exact error message I get and I’ve searched everywhere for a fix. I’m...
  6. Error when create restore point.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when create restore point.: How this error occure when i am createing access point.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-create-restore-point/1c6c732c-4d73-4e16-b71e-02783a8d9fd6
  7. Windows 10 will not create restore points.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not create restore points.: System protection for the drive C: is turned on. The drive has been configured. The drive's allotment is at 30%. I click to set a restore point, which works: It goes through the process and, then, tells me that a restore point has been created. However, when I click...
  8. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  9. System Restore, Error 0x81000203

System Restore, Error 0x81000203: I said screw it and reformatted, was unfixable. So for some reason I cannot get the restore to even read my disks. It just shows this error box: [img] It says "Searching" in the Disk list. I have both "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" and "Volume...
  10. System Restore Error 0x81000203 - can't create shadow copies

System Restore Error 0x81000203 - can't create shadow copies: Please help me to diagnose and fix my VSS errors. Symptoms include: When visiting the System Protection tab in System Properties, I get the error message: "There was an unexpected error in the property page. System Restore encountered an error. Please try to run System...
Tags: